Responses from Celebrity?

D C

46 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

I'm not sure if you can eat at one venue and order from another, but each of these has a totally different menu.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-edge/eat-and-drink/main-dining

45 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

No, same menu at each place every night. You move to get a different menu.

That's not how it works.  Those are sample menus at the link. 

The menu changes every night, and each restaurant has the SAME menu as the other 3, except for the 'exclusive' menu , which is the same every night at each of the 4, and different from the other 3.  For example, if this is accurate for Cosmopolitan, this is the only portion that does not change night to night. 

image.png.70d9ca6ae0a238ae4d451b2e112cb92e.png

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 3:00 PM, RichYak said:

That's the same email address as the one you are "correcting." Caps don't matter.

I sent out a email to this address, and received a message that :

ilutoff-perlo wasn't found at celebritycruises.com, or the mailbox is unavailable.

Any Thoughts??

42 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I don't either.  I guess when you are usually in the Retreat, you can't visualize what the masses have to deal with.

My first cruise was in 1971 and for the next 20-30 years had 1 dinning room for all meals you had early or late seating then at midnight a grand buffet. So I guess I had it rough and was one of the masses but loved them all. Most in a Ocean View state rooms and yes now I pay a big premium for Suites only. Stop crying you still have your buffet at breakfest, lunch, dinner with a limited menu only in the evening. We all are very lucky as most cannot afford a cruise vacation. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, mpdog42 said:

ilutoff-perlo wasn't found at celebritycruises.com, or the mailbox is unavailable.

Any Thoughts??

Yes. The first letter is an l as in "Lisa" not an i

Edited by RichYak
  • Like 1

E-Class MDR is 1 dining room sliced into 4 decorated dining rooms sharing a massive banquet kitchen (watch the videos, and points of you find anyone cooking anything), and one is able to order from any of the menus.  In fact, the dinner menus on their own barely form the equivalent of a complete menu.  The distribution of the dishes among the venues could be adjusted, although there is some slight theming. 

And, 3 out of 4 seating areas are closed for all but 18.5 hrs a days.  So, the seats in Cosmopolitan are more likely to be used 3x as much as the other three venues. 

Also, the upcharge Rooftop Garden Grill (upcharge) is frequently not open, too windy, and has a scaled back menu despite being cooked to order.  Eden is at most about 55 people a night. And, Fine Cut Steakhouse and Raw on 5 are  extensions of the plaza due to sound. 

Edited by Cap_D
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mpdog42 said:

Any Thoughts??

Email addresses are not case-sensitive, so LLutoff-Perlo@celebritycruises.com will work. 

Surely not her actual address, but the 'call center' staff that responds seems to do so within a couple of days. 

2 hours ago, D C said:

That's not how it works.  Those are sample menus at the link. 

The menu changes every night, and each restaurant has the SAME menu as the other 3, except for the 'exclusive' menu , which is the same every night at each of the 4, and different from the other 3.  For example, if this is accurate for Cosmopolitan, this is the only portion that does not change night to night. 

image.png.70d9ca6ae0a238ae4d451b2e112cb92e.png

when we sailed on the Edge, that was how it was. we planned our reservations based upon what we wanted to eat each night.  Maybe things have changed?

9 hours ago, kathynorth said:

What about the other 12 ships that have fewer dining options? The majority of cruisers don’t have suites or Aqua cabins, so don’t have access to Luminae or Blu. The mast grill, spa cafe and juice bars aren’t open at dinner time. By listing all the specialty restaurants you seem to believe that paying an additional $140+/Couple/dinner is a viable alternative to eating in MDR, when dinner at the buffet would have met our needs. For us low-born staying in a regular veranda, oceanview or inside cabin, our only alternative to the MDR is the buffet or a specialty at additional cost.

Mic Drop in the Billions!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

Well all I can say is...what misery the Edge Class ships have four complimentary main restaurants.

Plus Blu, Plus Luminae, plus Mast Grill, plus Eden Cafe, plus Le Petit Chef, plus Fine Cut Steakhouse, plus Raw on 5, plus Magic Carpet on 5, plus Rooftop Garden Grill, plus Spa Cafe & Juice Bar.

Alex...I am going to go with..."Who is a suite guest for $1000.00"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

Surely you have not cruised in some time now. They are all different restaurants look at the deck plan. For those of you that like the buffet its still there just limited but its also there for breakfeast and lunch so you can sit out and enjoy the view. With so few eating there at night  sorry but I understand why they are limiting it for dinner. Celebrity no longer may be a good fit for some but you have lots of other cruise lines to pick from. I have been on over 60 cruises and have yet to have a bad meal experence on any of the lines. My wife thinks the food is better on Celebrity I say they are all about the same...all good none excellent. Why not sit back and let somone serve you.

Yeah....Next time afford Aqua Class or Suites...You Third Class Passengers!!!!😁

Edited by mpdog42
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

<<steps on to soapbox>>

Friendly reminder that many, probably most, folks who sail in suites are kind, friendly people who don't look down upon the rest of us. 

I imagine that the majority of suite dwellers think that the rest of us should actually get what we paid for, just as they should get what they paid for. 

Yes, there are some very nasty folks who have the "Well, the cutbacks don't affect me, so the rest of you should be grateful you get any food at all and not complain about the bait & switch policies X has adopted,"  but most of the Retreat Class peeps are good and lovely people. 

<<steps off of soapbox>>

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

<<steps on to soapbox>>

Friendly reminder that many, probably most, folks who sail in suites are kind, friendly people who don't look down upon the rest of us. 

I imagine that the majority of suite dwellers think that the rest of us should actually get what we paid for, just as they should get what they paid for. 

Yes, there are some very nasty folks who have the "Well, the cutbacks don't affect me, so the rest of you should be grateful you get any food at all and not complain about the bait & switch policies X has adopted,"  but most of the Retreat Class peeps are good and lovely people. 

<<steps off of soapbox>>

You Right..Of Course...For me It started with Carnival when the Vista came out..and people started talking about the Havana Area. Royal with Sky and Star...People started to think like the Old days with the First, Second, Third classes

I wish we could all go back to the days of the inside and Porthole....all together in just one big ship.....but the Cruise lines Changed...and with some people the class system is back...

Edited by mpdog42

6 minutes ago, mpdog42 said:

You Right..Of Course...For me It started with Carnival when the Vista came out..and people started talking about the Havana Area. Royal with Sky and Star...People started to think like the Old days with the First, Second, Third classes

I wish we could all go back to the days of the inside and Porthole....all together in just one big ship.....but the Cruise lines Changed...and with some people the class system is back...

I absolutely hear what you are saying. Still, I think that people who enjoy being jerks simply enjoy being jerks. People who choose to be kind simply choose to be kind. I'm not sure the configuration of ships, or anywhere else, matters. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

I absolutely hear what you are saying. Still, I think that people who enjoy being jerks simply enjoy being jerks. People who choose to be kind simply choose to be kind. I'm not sure the configuration of ships, or anywhere else, matters. 

Yeah…I know what your saying about Jerks…I’m a Former LEO….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The cutbacks and lack of transparency impact every potential customer and anyone that has made final payment one way or another.  Blu and Luminae are not immune from cutbacks, and not open for every meal. 

Most people generally would want or need options, especially in light of Celebrity's food primary model being designed around plated, composed, multicourse meals that don't lend themselves to being customized.  As anyone who has ever tried to get extra x in place of y knows, often the server defaults to bringing a second full plate because sides and garnishes are already plated.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, MamaFej said:

None of us like the cut backs but I for one feel it is nessary and long overdue. Correct me if I am wrong... they have limited the  the food options for dinner at the OV buffet because a limited number of people actually have dinner there but it's still AVAILABLE. Lobster you still get one but pay for a second you still can order say a steak dinner and lobster tail for no extra cost. Look I can get lobster tail at home from Publix and eat all I want but I pay for it. This is reasonable for me. Room service is still free in the morning for all continental breakfasts with coffee. Sounds reasonable to me. Suite guests get more amenities because they pay more no one is stopping any of us from taking a suite. The food in Luminae is no better any worse than the food in the Main dining room. We all know food prices have skyrocketed so some adjustment should be expected and understood. I feel we are all treated almost like Royalty on cruises by the crew. One class only first class! I book a suite on my longer cruises 14 days or more only for the cabin size not to be treated any better because I am not. If my wife would cut back on all the luggage the Ocean View cabin would work fine.

Edited by southernbreezes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RichYak said:

Anyone who doesn't understand this simply doesn't know how to have a good time.

Wow. Plenty of people know how to have a good time without having to be drunk and not wanting a long dinner.

Good times come in all different forms. Many of us prefer to remember our good times.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 1:22 AM, mnocket said:

I'm willing to bet the people who call you on the phone are far removed from the Executive Offices.  They are probably the equivalent of call center employees albeit more professional and polite.  Their job is to make customers feel better.  When X decided to make these changes I'm sure they expected a flood of communications from disgruntled customers and staffed up a "response staff" to deal with it.  The only upside besides making people feel "heard" is that they probably keep tally of the complaints and produce reports that go to management.  Much like when you contact your congressperson about a particular piece of legislation.  Your specific conversation is never relayed to the congressperson, but he/she is given a periodic tally of how many constituents contacted the office on a particular piece of legislation and how many were for or against it.

You are exactly correct. No one is talking to a member of executive staff. You are speaking to the escalation desk in the call center. It is common practice across all consume facing businesses. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Los_Pepes said:

You are exactly correct. No one is talking to a member of executive staff. You are speaking to the escalation desk in the call center. It is common practice across all consume facing businesses. 

possibly but possibly not.

I in response to my emails to the Chief Exec I have responses from a named person, all headed " Celebrity Cruises, Executive Office" with a direct phone number to that office. The number is 316 554 5608. I have also said had several phone calls from the same person. The general email for that office is: executiveoffice@celebrity.com.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, the penguins said:

I in response to my emails to the Chief Exec I have responses from a named person, all headed " Celebrity Cruises, Executive Office" with a direct phone number to that office. The number is 316 554 5608. I have also said had several phone calls from the same person. The general email for that office is: executiveoffice@celebrity.com.

I, as well, had responses from the exec. office to my email to the Pres. address.   One response is signed with the persons name and title of Executive Office, so I do believe this is an extension of her office. During the calls I perceived they had an elevated level of authority to 'fix' our problem if they can.  In my case one issue was resolved and the other issue was forwarded to their Acctg. Dept.  No resolution yet.  These were two different people with two different phone numbers (not the one you show).  So there are a 'few persons' who deal with these forwarded emails.  In my case, I don't care if this person does or doesn't sit at the Pres. right hand....just want a response from the people with the authority to understand and resolve my issue.

56 minutes ago, the penguins said:

I appreciate that you believe you are speaking to the actual office of an executive.  After I spoke the "executive office" I received a service survey asking how the service I received on my call and listed the name and title of the person I spoke to. Her title was "Pre Cruise Corporate Guest Relations Team" That is not a title you posses when working in the C-Suite. You also don't have automated customer service emails sent out for calls into the C-Suite. 

My close relative was the president of a Fortune 30 company. Dozens of times per day people would call the switchboard looking to be connected to his office. The switchboard would route the call 2,000 miles away to a CS center's escalation desk and it would be answered "Mr. Los_Pepes" office". 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Wow. Plenty of people know how to have a good time without having to be drunk and not wanting a long dinner.

Good times come in all different forms. Many of us prefer to remember our good times.

Re-read my post. I never wrote you had to behave that way to have a good time. I wrote you need to understand that this is how some people have a good time. And you do, based on the part I bolded. Also, the "drunken" part of my post was for levity. Rolling out of the hot tub, drying off, and heading straight to dinner was really the point.

• Like 1