Celebrity Management Undercover? 👀

BridgeMates

Two thoughts. Perhaps some levity...

1. Cruises from Fort Lauderdale and Miami this time of year, very frequently have cruise line employees at all level onboard. But no, LLP is not going to come by your table to ask how your steak is cooked or discuss the procurement process and financials of your cut of meat.

2. The complete frenzy and outrage of 'the cuts!!!'' that a group of what - maybe 25 - frequent CC posters, many of whom who have not sailed since 'the cuts!!!" and a few who have apparently never sailed Celebrity at all, is not representative of the entire client-base by a long shot. 

It's unfortunate that a vocal few on here can stir up so much drivel that others unfortunately decide their cruise is going to be terrible even before stepping on the ship. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, OysterD said:

What has been cut to the bone? I'm looking at the Blu menu for the current solstice cruise and it looks very similar to the Blu menu we had on our Reflection cruise a few months ago. It was more than sufficient and delicious then, and it looks the same now. 

I don't go on a vacation to just get by or for food to be ahem sufficient.  I get a quality dinner every night that is better than Blu.  No need to downgrade to go on vacation.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Unfortunately us passengers are paying the price figuratively and literally.

Yes, but do you have to? We see lots of dissatisfied X cruisers on lots of threads making lots of threats. I would bet the farm that you and other discontented passengers will be cruising the X brand one year from now, even if conditions are the same. It's the bandwagon thing in the heat of the moment. Wait for the fizzle.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Yes, but do you have to? We see lots of dissatisfied X cruisers on lots of threads making lots of threats. I would bet the farm that you and other discontented passengers will be cruising the X brand one year from now, even if conditions are the same. It's the bandwagon thing in the heat of the moment. Wait for the fizzle.

We're booked on the Reflection in a few weeks so we will have to wait and see if things are as bad as I've been reading. As I said on another post, we are 4 Star Mariners with Holland America and we are done with them after a lousy cruise last month, there are other places to spend vacation dollars. 

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I don't go on a vacation to just get by or for food to be ahem sufficient.  I get a quality dinner every night that is better than Blu.  No need to downgrade to go on vacation.

Agreed- while I never come into cruising thinking it's going to be the best food I've ever had, value the experience on Celebrity. One of the experiences I look forward to is having dinner at the Sunset bar from the OV. We went on last June and while we noticed some cut backs, it still didn't ruin the experience. Looking at the offerings at the OV this month from that YouTube report  honestly was shocking. So if you're taking away a nightly experience like that for us, I will take my dollars elsewhere.  

Edited by psuboater
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On Equinox for the 9 night now.  It all seems mostly normal and what I expected.  I can guarantee that there is plenty of food and drink on board.  We are in a suite, boarding was a snap, and Luminae is still the same as far as I remember. The OVC had most stations open breakfast and lunch.  Lots of choices, and good table service.  We have not checked out the OVC dinner but I’m sure it is cut back in offerings.  I will walk by there this evening to see for myself.   We will not be using the MDR so no comment there.  We have reservations at Murano and Tuscan G this cruise so will report on them too.  The ship does not seem full and an officer told me that we had 2500 on board.  One thing on a positive note - the Starlink internet has been very good and a big improvement in general.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Just now, psuboater said:

Agreed- while I never come into cruising thinking it's going to be the best food I've ever had, value the experience on Celebrity. One of the experiences I look forward to is having dinner at the Sunset bar from the OV. We went on last June and while we noticed some cut backs, it still didn't ruin the experience. Looking at the offerings at the OV this month from that YouTube report  honestly was shocking. So if you're taking away a nightly experience like that for us, I will take my dollars elsewhere.  

34 minutes ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

Maybe the lack of publicity in the mainstream media is on purpose. 🤔

I Am sure that there are more than a few of us here on CC and "other" social media sites who have contacts in the "mainstream" media who can get it out and then some...

bon voyage

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Why not wait until you try the food yourself. Way to subjective. One persons ceiling is another persons floor. 

Do you know, I heard a version of that saying yesterday for the very first time. What a coincidence, has no relevance to this thread and a pointless post, won’t be lonely here though 🤪. By the way I agree with you entirely, lots of people being negative through what other people post. Like you, I will decide myself first hand after our next cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

You made a bold and unsubstantiated claim that the Blu menu has been cut to the bone. I asked for you to explain exactly what had been cut but you didn't. 

And I thought it fairly obvious I meant the choice was sufficient and the taste was delicious. What is wrong with sufficient choice? 

Blu menu on Solstice for tonight currently shows: Beyond burger; Tuna tataki; Miso-maple glazed baked salmon; leek vegetable tart; grilled octopus salad; sherry glazed pheasant breast; herb crusted rack of lamb and truffle ricotta gnocchi.

What exactly is laughable and so appalling about that? It's pretty much identical to a typical menu we had in Blu a few months ago. If the choice of 8 main courses in Blu isn't sufficient for you, then feel free to never cruise Celebrity again, but the constant moaning is getting wearisome. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, psuboater said:

Agreed- while I never come into cruising thinking it's going to be the best food I've ever had, value the experience on Celebrity. One of the experiences I look forward to is having dinner at the Sunset bar from the OV. We went on last June and while we noticed some cut backs, it still didn't ruin the experience. Looking at the offerings at the OV this month from that YouTube report  honestly was shocking. So if you're taking away a nightly experience like that for us, I will take my dollars elsewhere.  

Be great to hear from you post your cruise, hope you enjoy it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, manmachine said:

I believe you are missing the really big picture.  Google ‘crawls’ the web regularly and indexes keyword results.  While right now ‘Celebrity Buffet’ doesn’t put any of these threads near the top of search results, given the number of posts and keywords used it soon will.

virtually everyone uses Google so soon virtually everyone will see Celebrity cutbacks if searching for things like ‘Celebrity Cruise lobster,’ “Celebrity Cruises drink packages,’ ‘Celebrity Cruise pricing,’ ‘Celebrity Cruise buffet,’ and more.

I just googled Celebrity buffet and this appeared

image.jpeg.56e1c2d48fb9354f2352ef67afdec694.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, morfred said:

Word of mouth is another form of "bad publicity". Having sailed on an 11 day cruise in December I have had several couples seek me out for advice about booking cruises. I have steered them elsewhere and they have booked on other lines. I am Elite+ AND a stockholder. I am very disappointed in the product that Celebrity is putting out.

Which 11 day cruise were you on? And to which other line(s) have you steered them? And why are they better? Just wondering.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bobsgonecoastal said:

Ditto, that’s what we figured out after recently sailing with Princess.  Have booked several more cruises with them.  Food choice and quality was excellent, ship was elegant and service excellent.  Are there areas they could enhance (i.e., wine service in dining rooms and their specially coffe shop) absolutely, but on balance, they are an excellent cruise line. 

As are Celebrity, who also have areas they could enhance, good to see other lines are similar 👍

5 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

As are Celebrity, who also have areas they could enhance, good to see other lines are similar 👍

Was reading some recent comments on the HAL board:

"Why not HAL?  Lack of Production Shows, showing BBC documentaries and calling it their main entertainment, an opening night slide show that is supposed to be entertainment, truncated Lido hours, downgraded cuisine with too many add-ons, etc."

The grass isn't always greener....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, OysterD said:

You made a bold and unsubstantiated claim that the Blu menu has been cut to the bone. I asked for you to explain exactly what had been cut but you didn't. 

And I thought it fairly obvious I meant the choice was sufficient and the taste was delicious. What is wrong with sufficient choice? 

Blu menu on Solstice for tonight currently shows: Beyond burger; Tuna tataki; Miso-maple glazed baked salmon; leek vegetable tart; grilled octopus salad; sherry glazed pheasant breast; herb crusted rack of lamb and truffle ricotta gnocchi.

What exactly is laughable and so appalling about that? It's pretty much identical to a typical menu we had in Blu a few months ago. If the choice of 8 main courses in Blu isn't sufficient for you, then feel free to never cruise Celebrity again, but the constant moaning is getting wearisome. 

The menu that I am looking at has for entrees:

Grilled New York Steak Salad

Broiled Dorade

Cabernet-Braised Short Ribs

Smoked Chicken Breast.

Not very much variety or not something that I would choose.  I will not be dining in Blu on my next cruise.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OysterD said:

"Why not HAL?  Lack of Production Shows, showing BBC documentaries and calling it their main entertainment, an opening night slide show that is supposed to be entertainment, truncated Lido hours, downgraded cuisine with too many add-ons, etc."

Exactly. I go on holiday and want it avoid the BBC, and Sky.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

We're booked on the Reflection in a few weeks so we will have to wait and see if things are as bad as I've been reading. As I said on another post, we are 4 Star Mariners with Holland America and we are done with them after a lousy cruise last month, there are other places to spend vacation dollars. 

I sincerely hope that you have a wonderful cruise. We do Infinity in February and Beyond in May. We too will be very aware of what each has to offer. 

11 minutes ago, OysterD said:

I must say, that for a few Americans who post here, it is greener as they may not often see anything from the BBC and the like to enjoy it...

Also, those here on this forum who do not post about the shows may not go to shows when sailing, so that does not affect them at all... just those who like to go.

As for The Lido, many would prefer "reduced" hours vs "reduced" offerings, I can only surmize.

Thank you for the observation(s) from other pastures here on CC... have or dare you glisten what other social media postings are about in this area, that is if it is of interest to you??? Like myself, others here have not or at least not yet... LOL

bon voyage

58 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

On Equinox for the 9 night now.  It all seems mostly normal and what I expected.  I can guarantee that there is plenty of food and drink on board.  We are in a suite, boarding was a snap, and Luminae is still the same as far as I remember. The OVC had most stations open breakfast and lunch.  Lots of choices, and good table service.  We have not checked out the OVC dinner but I’m sure it is cut back in offerings.  I will walk by there this evening to see for myself.   We will not be using the MDR so no comment there.  We have reservations at Murano and Tuscan G this cruise so will report on them too.  The ship does not seem full and an officer told me that we had 2500 on board.  One thing on a positive note - the Starlink internet has been very good and a big improvement in general.

Thanks!!  Im on there on the 18th of February.  Interested in how OVC is at dinner.  That's great about Starlink.

10 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I must say, that for a few Americans who post here, it is greener as they may not often see anything from the BBC and the like to enjoy it...

Also, those here on this forum who do not post about the shows may not go to shows when sailing, so that does not affect them at all... just those who like to go.

As for The Lido, many would prefer "reduced" hours vs "reduced" offerings, I can only surmize.

Thank you for the observation(s) from other pastures here on CC... have or dare you glisten what other social media postings are about in this area, that is if it is of interest to you??? Like myself, others here have not or at least not yet... LOL

bon voyage

This makes me laugh about channels as we stream everything.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

Exactly.  I’ve always enjoyed al Bacio for great coffee, tea table service (not to mention the lemon tarts), is very classy for a coffee bar.  Also love the Sommelier wine service in the dining rooms on X ships.   Those are the two celebrity offerings Princess could learn from.  Otherwise, we thought Princess was excellent.

• Like 1