Status Match

suzyed

On a previous Celebrity cruise I was able to "match" my Royal Caribbean Diamond status to get Elite on Celebrity.  I see that that is still a thing but don't see on the site where I can actually do it.  It's been awhile since I sailed with them so not really familiar with how it works and whether there are perks to booking with a higher status?Do I need to call them to accomplish this? 

9 minutes ago, suzyed said:

On a previous Celebrity cruise I was able to "match" my Royal Caribbean Diamond status to get Elite on Celebrity.  I see that that is still a thing but don't see on the site where I can actually do it.  It's been awhile since I sailed with them so not really familiar with how it works and whether there are perks to booking with a higher status?Do I need to call them to accomplish this? 

No requirement to reapply. Once your in, your in. 

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

No requirement to reapply. Once your in, your in. 

I would have thought so too but when I look at my status it tells me I have X number of points to earn to get to Elite? So it doesn't seem so.  Maybe if I book another cruise?
Which leads me to another question...what if I book a "themed cruise" such as a jazz or comedy cruise...does the match still apply?
Sorry for all the questions...just trying to get back into the loop.

Edited by suzyed

Once your signed in, then click on the round circle, upper right that has your initials in it. Then click profile. Next screen, you'll see your name, club points (which will be different than your CAS cruise points) and tier level. If that's not correct, then call the CC at 1-800-760-0654. 

Edited by davekathy

8 minutes ago, suzyed said:

I would have thought so too but when I look at my status it tells me I have X number of points to earn to get to Elite? So it doesn't seem so.  Maybe if I book another cruise?
Which leads me to another question...what if I book a "themed cruise" such as a jazz or comedy cruise...does the match still apply?
Sorry for all the questions...just trying to get back into the loop.

You have the elite status due to a courtesy enrollment crossover from Royal. But the points start back at zero as far as Celebrity goes.   While you are earning points on Celebrity,  you will keep that elite status and only after you have enough celebrity points will you start to work toward elite plus status.  

The reciprocity match only goes as high as elite/diamond. Even if you would have enough oil points to be diamond plus, the reciprocity match would only get you elite status on Celebrity ??

If you are not seeing the Elite when you log in to Celebrity's website, go to Settings, and My Loyalty and enter your Crown & Anchor number, if that field is blank.  I believe you can also do it on the app.  If that doesn't work, you may have to call the Captain's Club number.

32 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

You have the elite status due to a courtesy enrollment crossover from Royal. But the points start back at zero as far as Celebrity goes.   While you are earning points on Celebrity,  you will keep that elite status and only after you have enough celebrity points will you start to work toward elite plus status.  

The reciprocity match only goes as high as elite/diamond. Even if you would have enough oil points to be diamond plus, the reciprocity match would only get you elite status on Celebrity ??

Got that.  But it doesn't state that I am elite only that I am working toward it. 
I will call them to just to make sure.

• Like 1

I ran into that yesterday when booking a Celebrity cruise.  The agent clarified for me that even though I am Diamond Plus with RCCL, the reciprocating status is Elite.  She said my status will eventually populate on the website/app, but in their system it shows me as Elite.  I have soooo many questions about Captains Club.  Spoiled with RCCL and hoping the experience with Celebrity meet or exceeds expectations.

28 minutes ago, Grandeur said:

I ran into that yesterday when booking a Celebrity cruise.  The agent clarified for me that even though I am Diamond Plus with RCCL, the reciprocating status is Elite.  She said my status will eventually populate on the website/app, but in their system it shows me as Elite.  I have soooo many questions about Captains Club.  Spoiled with RCCL and hoping the experience with Celebrity meet or exceeds expectations.

You will not have a dedicated lounge like the DL. You will not have 5 drinks a day loaded on your SeaPass card. On Celebrity you will have unlimited drinks from 5 to 7 PM each evening except the first evening (embarkation) at most bars (ship specific). CC HH drinks cannot be ordered in the dining venues. You can walk in with them. Internet minutes are  better than the CAS internet minutes.  Complimentary Wash n Fold laundry. Like with RC, you'll receive in your stateroom a welcome aboard letter from the CC host detailing all your onboard Elite perks/benefits.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

Got that.  But it doesn't state that I am elite only that I am working toward it. 
I will call them to just to make sure.

It is confusing because you are elite (compliments of Royal reciprocity) and you are working toward it so you can continue on from there and work toward Elite Plus

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

You will not have a dedicated lounge like the DL. You will not have 5 drinks a day loaded on your SeaPass card. On Celebrity you will have unlimited drinks from 5 to 7 PM each evening except the first evening (embarkation) at most bars (ship specific). CC HH drinks cannot be ordered in the dining venues. You can walk in with them. Internet minutes are  better than the CAS internet minutes.  Complimentary Wash n Fold laundry. Like with RC, you'll receive in your stateroom a welcome aboard letter from the CC host detailing all your onboard Elite perks/benefits.  

Do you know if they bring the different chef choice plates in your stateroom?  Always appreciated walking in and having the choc cov strawberries, cheese platter, fruit, etc. surprises.  I never hung in the Diamond and Concierge lounges a lot but nice to know it was there if wanted to drop in.  Will our points accumulate from Elite to Elite Plus?  

4 minutes ago, Grandeur said:

Will our points accumulate from Elite to Elite Plus?  

Each line's points are completely separate so the only way to get to Elite Plus is to accumulate points from zero with Celebrity.

4 hours ago, Grandeur said:

Do you know if they bring the different chef choice plates in your stateroom?  Always appreciated walking in and having the choc cov strawberries, cheese platter, fruit, etc. surprises.  I never hung in the Diamond and Concierge lounges a lot but nice to know it was there if wanted to drop in.  Will our points accumulate from Elite to Elite Plus?  

Not on Celebrity. Also nothing on embarkation day in your stateroom. I agree with @prmssk  post #14. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

In your opinion.... are you loving Celebrity?  My loyalty with RCCL was largely when my children were younger and being on the action-packed ships.  Now that they are grown and on their own, I feel the interest in shying away from the more family friendly ships and looking for more sophisticated cruising.  

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Grandeur said:

In your opinion.... are you loving Celebrity?  My loyalty with RCCL was largely when my children were younger and being on the action-packed ships.  Now that they are grown and on their own, I feel the interest in shying away from the more family friendly ships and looking for more sophisticated cruising.  

I will say we like Celebrity as well as RC and Princess. We aren't loyal, as we sleep around. 😉 We like the differences and similarities between the three. Speaking only for us, less kids on Celebrity is a plus. But we also don't cruise on RCs huge mega ships either. 

We are Pinnacle with RCI. After one cruise with Celebrity, we were hooked. Haven't been back to RCI since Dec. 2017. If you really care about nibbles plates, you can get that with booking a concierge class veranda. I find that it is much better to get your own snacks. You should love the sweets in Cafe Al Bacio. They are free. You do not have to purchase coffee in order to get them. And real ice cream is available every day from noon til about 1 AM in the buffet. Delicious. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, 39august said:

We are Pinnacle with RCI. After one cruise with Celebrity, we were hooked. Haven't been back to RCI since Dec. 2017. If you really care about nibbles plates, you can get that with booking a concierge class veranda. I find that it is much better to get your own snacks. You should love the sweets in Cafe Al Bacio. They are free. You do not have to purchase coffee in order to get them. And real ice cream is available every day from noon til about 1 AM in the buffet. Delicious. 

What exactly makes a Pinnacle leave RCL and swap over to X without reciprocal benefits?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

What exactly makes a Pinnacle leave RCL and swap over to X without reciprocal benefits?

I was thinking the same thing.  It took a lot of dedication to get to Diamond Plus and realistically I don't think I would ever see Pinnacle in my lifetime sooooo.... It is very encouraging to hear X was worth the switch 🙂  Feeling better about the switch already.  

Edited by Grandeur
  • Like 1

2012 we took 13 day Panama canal on the Infinity.  At that time we were gold or platinum on Royal. We take one cruise a year.  But we agreed that when we got to diamond we would switch to Celebrity.  We made diamond 2019.  Booked a September 2020 for Hawaii.  Well nature intervened and we finally took that cruise this September and it was worth the wait.  Its not one thing that we can pinpoint.  But a lot of little things that add up.  Guess you got to be there.

3 hours ago, Grandeur said:

I was thinking the same thing.  It took a lot of dedication to get to Diamond Plus and realistically I don't think I would ever see Pinnacle in my lifetime sooooo.... It is very encouraging to hear X was worth the switch 🙂  Feeling better about the switch already.  

Not sure it is as a top tier member. Unless of course you always sail in Suites anyway so the tier level is relatively unimportant as you have most if not all the benefits included.

On 1/22/2023 at 4:03 PM, Grandeur said:

Do you know if they bring the different chef choice plates in your stateroom? 

no that’s a Royal thing

Always appreciated walking in and having the choc cov strawberries, cheese platter, fruit, etc. surprises.  I never hung in the Diamond and Concierge lounges a lot but nice to know it was there if wanted to drop in.  Will our points accumulate from Elite to Elite Plus? 

no, you start from scratch accumulating points, all the while keeping the courtesy Elite reciprocity status

What made us change? A more adult-oriented, upscale cruise experience.  We are older and like the laid back atmosphere of X, the better food, more polished service and selection of music entertainment all around the ship at different venues. Also we feel the ship design and decor is more elegant. 

• Like 1