Black jeans for the dining room, non dressy night

bluetardis

That is more than appropriate even for dress night.

My husband felt over dressed because he wore a jacket.

Very few men wore ties.

In fact, I do not think it is even called dress night anymore. rather than a 'suggestion'

• Like 2

Black "jeans" are NOT really jeans ... Jeans are 'blue' denim in various shades of blue - with or without holes, either "earned" by wear, or 'store bought' with designer cuts.  Much like when you say ' I drive a Jeep' - it's a Wrangler by default, not  a spanzy/panzy Cherokee or forbid a Liberty 😎

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I rarely wear a tie but quite often will wear blue jeans and a "somewhat" dressy shirt (i.e. button down)

A button down collar shirt is a casual shirt. They look really silly with a tie so you wearing the shirt with the correct fashion sense.

Ones nomenclature is highly inaccurate as a 'non dressy night' does not exist within  Princess Cruise Lines

One assumes one is referring to Smart Casual Night. Black jeans at any price do not fulfill this criteria whatever label is adorned.

One understands the 'buffet' is a more suitable environment for such clothes

Edited by Broadside
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Broadside said:

Ones nomenclature

One assumes

One understands

I think you are right.  "One" assumes and understands, and it appears that you are the only ONE!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Knixuk said:

They don’t appear to turn anyone away from the MDR no matter what they are wearing on any night.

Just do you and wear what you feel

comfortable in. 

Nope, just off the Ruby, and they were allowing shorts in the MDR on formal night. "and that's about all I have to say about that"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Broadside said:

Ones nomenclature is highly inaccurate as a 'non dressy night' does not exist within  Princess Cruise Lines

One assumes one is referring to Smart Casual Night. Black jeans at any price do not fulfill this criteria whatever label is adorned.

One understands the 'buffet' is a more suitable environment for such clothes

Black, blue, brown pink jeans are allowed in the MDR as long as the are not torn or have holes.  They do fulfill the criteria of Smart Casual for many despite what some may proclaim.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Knixuk said:

They don’t appear to turn anyone away from the MDR no matter what they are wearing on any night.

Just do you and wear what you feel

comfortable in. 

I always thought that until our last cruise on the Regal a few weeks ago. 
We were behind a couple in line on formal night, female dressed nicely, male had on t-shirt and shorts. Maitre’d refused to seat him unless he changed. He turned around and loudly said “I’m from the UK, we don’t dress up.” She was seated, I guess he went to change. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, CC Rider 69 said:

Nope, just off the Ruby, and they were allowing shorts in the MDR on formal night. "and that's about all I have to say about that"

I've been looking for shorts on formal night in the DR but haven't seen anyone wearing them yet. (not to say it didn't happen)

I'll continue to check each formal night. 

19 hours ago, bluetardis said:

Hello all,

would black jeans be ok in the MDR on a non dressy night, with a nice blouse? I would pair the outfit with pumps or ballet flats. There jeans are hole free and designer, just  to clarify they are good quality.

Yes, jeans of any color are fine

• Like 2