On the Reflection today.

CleoChase

Hi!  We are currently on the Reflection docked at St. Maartin today.  I have to say, this has been a completely awesome cruise.  It's our first time trying Aqua Class.   We are now in love with Blu.    They replaced all the balcony chairs and tables this week.  Yesterday they unloaded some of the brown chair and tables at St. Thomas.  A ships officer on the dock told my husband that they were heading to a local animal rescue for them to sell and raise money.  There is a huge stack down on the dock this morning heading toward a different charity.  We were surprised when we got new furniture because we had commented the day before how nice the furniture was.  The table is a little smaller, but honestly makes it easier to move around on the balcony.  And the new chairs are comfortable, I feel asleep on the balcony last night and slept there most of night.   

Love that they have turn the volume down on the music throughout the ship since our last time on board.  I literally wore ear plugs that whole trip just so that I could walk through the public spaces. the last time I was on the Reflection.  This time you can hear the music, but it is in the background instead of being so loud you couldn't really hold a conversation.  I am talking about the constant background music, not the entertainment.  

A lot of things that people have said here recently changed have not turned out to be true on this ship.  They have 2 omelet stations going in the buffet in the morning, there is made to order stir-fry and pasta and you can get main dining room starters in Blu.  They did tell me that it is harder for them to get the main course choices, but that starters are usually not an issue.    The TV still shows that the room service is free, and they are getting a lot of canceled orders when they call and explain this.  I feel like if they are going to charge you that they should update the order screen to reflect that.  But really that situation is minor.  We just go up to the buffet get what we want and bring it back to the cabin.  

I have to say the X app is so much better the Princess app.  I like that I could find my party on princess (when the app actually decided to work) and I love the medallions that unlock your room when you walk up.   But I have not had a single instant of the X app not working.  We don't use the messaging; we are using Signal instead and it is working great.   

The ship is beautiful, the staff is awesome, and the weather has been gorgeous!

IMG_2459.jpg

IMG_2458.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

I am happy to read your enthusiastic review. In a few weeks my husband and I will be on Reflection in aqua - first time for both - and news lately has been disheartening.  I will be following this thread with interest if you have more to add.

The new balcony furniture looks great - did I see that it includes a footstool?  We have been missing those on recent cruises.

Oh  boy! 👏👏

We are also so excited and happy to read your review!  We board next Saturday (we're also in Aqua), and honestly, all the recent reports and CC threads have been making us nervous.

We were on the Edge in Sept '22 and the Equinox in Nov '22, and it was wonderful being on those ships with such reduced occupancy.  We loved the E-class ships 4 MDRs, but didn't have a great experience being in the  Equinox MDR.  Felt understaffed and the service wasn't up to its usual standard. 

So, for this upcoming one, we're giving Aqua and Blu another try to see if the evening dining will be better.  Very happy to hear your report about ordering from the MDR menu in Blu.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise, and thanks again for this good news!

4 hours ago, Robkat said:

Oh  boy! 👏👏

We are also so excited and happy to read your review!  We board next Saturday (we're also in Aqua), and honestly, all the recent reports and CC threads have been making us nervous.

We were on the Edge in Sept '22 and the Equinox in Nov '22, and it was wonderful being on those ships with such reduced occupancy.  We loved the E-class ships 4 MDRs, but didn't have a great experience being in the  Equinox MDR.  Felt understaffed and the service wasn't up to its usual standard. 

So, for this upcoming one, we're giving Aqua and Blu another try to see if the evening dining will be better.  Very happy to hear your report about ordering from the MDR menu in Blu.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise, and thanks again for this good news!

You mean Sunday, correct?  Next sailing is the 29th?

We are currently on the Reflection as well - our first with Celebrity - in a concierge balcony. We wondered why they were unloading all the chairs and tables today, so glad to hear they are going to a good cause.

This week has been outstanding and we can't wait to cruise with X again!

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Jskates9 said:

You mean Sunday, correct?  Next sailing is the 29th?

Yes!!!  🤦🤦   Thank you!  

Our last few cruises this year have had a Saturday departure, and I just defaulted to that automatically.  BUT ... we are making our way down to FLL the day before, so it could be said that we're leaving on Saturday! 😂

This is reassuring. We will be on the Reflection in October for Greece/Malta cruise. This is our first ever cruise, and I really wavered on cruise line - looked into Viking, Seabourn and Windstar before picking Celebrity Reflection. I know it is not the newest in their fleet, but the itinerary for our anniversary was the most appealing and I wasn't sure how I would like the Edge veranda situation. We are also in Aqua class. I do have one question: how are lines? Are there loads of long lines to disembark for excursions, particularly if it requires a tender? Do you need reservations for Blu or do you just show up? Is it difficult to get reservations? Thanks and ENJOY!

15 minutes ago, HBLm3 said:

This is reassuring. We will be on the Reflection in October for Greece/Malta cruise. This is our first ever cruise, and I really wavered on cruise line - looked into Viking, Seabourn and Windstar before picking Celebrity Reflection. I know it is not the newest in their fleet, but the itinerary for our anniversary was the most appealing and I wasn't sure how I would like the Edge veranda situation. We are also in Aqua class. I do have one question: how are lines? Are there loads of long lines to disembark for excursions, particularly if it requires a tender? Do you need reservations for Blu or do you just show up? Is it difficult to get reservations? Thanks and ENJOY!

You are going to LOVE Reflection. We have sailed on her 4 times, first in the ed when she came out.  We are back on her in March for a B2B.

Enjoy, relax your in great hands.

Tendering goes, Celebrity excursions first along with suite/Zenith and Captain Club people Elite and Elite Plus who have priority then the rest of the people. 

Cheers! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

We are currently on the Reflection as well - our first with Celebrity - in a concierge balcony. We wondered why they were unloading all the chairs and tables today, so glad to hear they are going to a good cause.

This week has been outstanding and we can't wait to cruise with X again!

Glad you are enjoying your cruise 🚢 

On 1/27/2023 at 3:05 PM, HBLm3 said:

We will be on the Reflection in October for Greece/Malta cruise. This is our first ever cruise, and I really wavered on cruise line - looked into Viking, Seabourn and Windstar before picking Celebrity Reflection.

Hi HBLm3: Come join our Roll Call by going to "Find Your Roll Call" at the top of this page.  Looking forward to meeting you onboard.