One person fare

Using RCL websites is there a way to tell what the price is for just one person without having to check out? I am not seeing that option in the search like on other websites. So for me to get the price I have to click on the two person price and go through all the selections. Is there an easier way? 

1 minute ago, unclegrandpa said:

Using RCL websites is there a way to tell what the price is for just one person without having to check out? I am not seeing that option in the search like on other websites. So for me to get the price I have to click on the two person price and go through all the selections. Is there an easier way? 

Just change the number of passengers to one  A lot of times you can't book a guarantee cabin for only one person online 

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Just change the number of passengers to one  A lot of times you can't book a guarantee cabin for only one person online 

When I do a search I am not seeing a way to change the number of passengers to 1. So every time I have to click on the two person price and go through the check out process. I don't want to go through the selections because it's a waste of time when the price is too high to begin with. Where do you set the passenger count? Is there a way to do it in the URL? 

7 minutes ago, unclegrandpa said:

When I do a search I am not seeing a way to change the number of passengers to 1. So every time I have to click on the two person price and go through the check out process. I don't want to go through the selections because it's a waste of time when the price is too high to begin with. Where do you set the passenger count? Is there a way to do it in the URL? 

How many guests for your room?

There is a place for plus or minus guests

Most rooms accommodate up to 4 guests

+

Adults

+

Children

Ages 0-12

Edited by molly361

A solo passenger pays for double occupancy minus 1 set of taxes and port fees. Some ships do have single cabins, but sometimes they are more expensive than just paying for a double occupancy cabin.

I have traveled solo since 2010, and I look at what the cost is per day. It always is cheaper than doing a land trip and paying for hotel (which is also based on double occupancy), food, and entertainment. You just have to set your limit at what you are willing to pay a day to cruise.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, molly361 said:

There is a place for plus or minus guests

+

Adults

+

Children

Ages 0-12

This screen doesn't show up until you have clicked on the two people price. I was talking about seeing the one person price before that

• Like 1

No.  The Royal Caribbean website does not provide that capability.  All you can do is to filter down to a list of cruises via the search criteria and then pick one for more details.  Then a subsequent screen allow you to lower the number of guests to 1 for that particular cruise.  It does make it difficult to compare solo pricing for multiple cruises.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

3 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

A solo passenger pays for double occupancy minus 1 set of taxes and port fees. Some ships do have single cabins, but sometimes they are more expensive than just paying for a double occupancy cabin.

I have traveled solo since 2010, and I look at what the cost is per day. It always is cheaper than doing a land trip and paying for hotel (which is also based on double occupancy), food, and entertainment. You just have to set your limit at what you are willing to pay a day to cruise.

You mean with RCL you always have to pay for two people? I have gone on 6 cruises with NCL and two with Carnival. I stayed in regular cabins, not studios but I didn't have to pay for two people yet. They usually waive the solo supplement closer to the sail date. I guess not so with RCL then. 

2 minutes ago, unclegrandpa said:

This screen doesn't show up until you have clicked on the two people price.

You said you have to go all the way to checkout. That's not true. When you click on Book Now, select 1 stateroom and 1 guest and you'll have your price.

If you want a price from the main search results, just double it. That will be the solo price almost every time.

3 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

You said you have to go all the way to checkout. That's not true. When you click on Book Now, select 1 stateroom and 1 guest and you'll have your price.

If you want a price from the main search results, just double it. That will be the solo price almost every time.

You are right it's a booking process. Not a checkout process 

Edited by unclegrandpa

1 minute ago, unclegrandpa said:

You mean with RCL you always have to pay for two people? I have gone on 6 cruises with NCL and two with Carnival. I stayed in regular cabins, not studios but I didn't have to pay for two people yet. They usually waive the solo supplement closer to the sail date. I guess not so with RCL then. 

With a few exceptions, Royal/Celebrity price for double occupancy, and solo passengers pay that for a stateroom (but only one port charges/tax). NCL has specific cabins for solos. MSC is great for solo as their single supplement is 50%.

I can certainly see why there has to be something for single supplement. If there wasn't, couples would just book connecting staterooms and have twice the stateroom for the price of one. Singles also tend not to generate much onboard revenue.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

With a few exceptions, Royal/Celebrity price for double occupancy, and solo passengers pay that for a stateroom (but only one port charges/tax). NCL has specific cabins for solos. MSC is great for solo as their single supplement is 50%.

I can certainly see why there has to be something for single supplement. If there wasn't, couples would just book connecting staterooms and have twice the stateroom for the price of one. Singles also tend not to generate much onboard revenue.

You are wrong. I never stayed in studios. In fact closer to the sail date a studio is usually more expensive with NCL. Their one person fare just depends on how many cabins they have left. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, unclegrandpa said:

This screen doesn't show up until you have clicked on the two people price. I was talking about seeing the one person price before that

The second question on Royals web site after you choose a cruise is.

+

Adults

+

Children

Ages 0-12

I need an accessible room
Continue

2 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

The second question on Royals web site after you choose a cruise is.

+

Adults

+

Children

Ages 0-12

I need an accessible room
Continue

This forces you to click on each fare individually. I was talking about seeing all one person fares at once. Like on NCL website, Expedia and so on. 

3 minutes ago, shof515 said:

I noticed the same thing. It makes it very time consuming to check pricing for any price drops

Other cruise lines have better search that lets you put the number of people in the search 

It's not just getting a price.  The pricing also is dependent on deck and cabin locations + promos and discounts like balcony, seniors, residency, etc.  Also, for instance, on Oasis classes there are 2 types of balconies--neighborhoods (2) and the Oceanview balconies.

9 minutes ago, shof515 said:

I noticed the same thing. It makes it very time consuming to check pricing for any price drops

Other cruise lines have better search that lets you put the number of people in the search 

We could probably use Expedia and cruiseplum for now just to look up the price. Even though I don't know how up to date their prices are. 

I have always been a bigger fan of NCL and Carnival for that reason. However, the time their ships are in port vs the time they are at sea gets less and less. It's getting ridiculous now. So I am looking at RCL and Celebrity now. Celebrity does let you look at the 1 person rates through the search filter

Maybe it’s just a learning curve on a new website. I just did a random search on an Alaska cruise in May for one person….interior, virtual balcony. In upper right hand corner, it shows the total price for 1 person. I don’t need to go to checkout.

I also like getting double points in a double cabin and single deposit,  which Carnival does not do. I’m as high as I can go on Carnival, and they offer me nothing else now. At 340 points (days) on Royal, you get a discount as a solo traveler. 

0CF3CC82-BEDD-4180-9571-48B8373A959F.jpeg

Edited by crzndeb

15 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Maybe it’s just a learning curve on a new website. I just did a random search on an Alaska cruise in May for one person….interior, virtual balcony. In upper right hand corner, it shows the total price for 1 person. I don’t need to go to checkout.

I also like getting double points in a double cabin and single deposit,  which Carnival does not do. I’m as high as I can go on Carnival, and they offer me nothing else now. At 340 points (days) on Royal, you get a discount as a solo traveler. 

0CF3CC82-BEDD-4180-9571-48B8373A959F.jpeg

You have to start booking to get that view. We're are talking about seeing prices for all cruises at once without having to click on an individual cruise. It is usually in the search options/filter on other cruise line sites. 

4 minutes ago, goldfish65 said:

A particular online cruise travel agent displays prices so you can compare. You also get some incentives that make it attractive to use them vs. booking directly. 

At least we no longer have to call agents or walk into their offices to find out prices😊

26 minutes ago, unclegrandpa said:

You have to start booking to get that view. We're are talking about seeing prices for all cruises at once without having to click on an individual cruise. It is usually in the search options/filter on other cruise line sites. 

No one gets to see exact numbers for their cruise until they start the booking process.  If you go to "Find A Cruise", you can select length of cruise, departure port, destinations, etc to show you the sailings that fit into your filter.  Then you get something like this:

image.thumb.png.e6fdc056c52e8315c4fb64f72fcff65e.png

But, notice those prices are AVERAGE PER PERSON.  That's going to assume two people on that cruise.  So, for a single person, double that amount and add the taxes and fees (listed under the cost).  So, just looking at these three destinations, you'd be looking at ~$520, ~$525, and ~$490.

BUT, that doesn't include: sailing difference.  Clicking on the 3 Night Ensada Cruise brings you to a different menu... 

image.png.6fe5ef2157f0a370e14168cade0337c3.png

Based on when the sailing is, the price of the cabin changes (again, double the amount for a solo).

Then you have to settle on what cabin you want.  That will change the amount also.

How exactly do you want them to present prices for all sailings and all cabins?  

2 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

No one gets to see exact numbers for their cruise until they start the booking process.  If you go to "Find A Cruise", you can select length of cruise, departure port, destinations, etc to show you the sailings that fit into your filter.  Then you get something like this:

image.thumb.png.e6fdc056c52e8315c4fb64f72fcff65e.png

But, notice those prices are AVERAGE PER PERSON.  That's going to assume two people on that cruise.  So, for a single person, double that amount and add the taxes and fees (listed under the cost).  So, just looking at these three destinations, you'd be looking at ~$520, ~$525, and ~$490.

BUT, that doesn't include: sailing difference.  Clicking on the 3 Night Ensada Cruise brings you to a different menu... 

image.png.6fe5ef2157f0a370e14168cade0337c3.png

Based on when the sailing is, the price of the cabin changes (again, double the amount for a solo).

Then you have to settle on what cabin you want.  That will change the amount also.

How exactly do you want them to present prices for all sailings and all cabins?  

I want them to show prices for one person. So if it's 210 per each with double occupancy and 420 per each with single occupancy I want it to show 420. If you can't understand what I am talking about go to NCL.com. In the search filter select 1 person instead of 2.

To me showing 210 is stupid to begin with because you cannot book anything at that price. But it's fine since they mention it's per person when there are two people in a cabin. They should also show the price for just one person for convenience. Sometimes it's cheaper to book for just one then for two. 

3 hours ago, unclegrandpa said:

I want them to show prices for one person. So if it's 210 per each with double occupancy and 420 per each with single occupancy I want it to show 420. If you can't understand what I am talking about go to NCL.com. In the search filter select 1 person instead of 2.

Well, good luck with that.   You also don't see prices for 3, 4, 5, 6, whatever until you start stepping through the booking process. 

3 hours ago, unclegrandpa said:

To me showing 210 is stupid to begin with because you cannot book anything at that price. But it's fine since they mention it's per person when there are two people in a cabin. They should also show the price for just one person for convenience. Sometimes it's cheaper to book for just one then for two. 

It's a marketing gimmick.  They will show the lowest possible price (cabin and time) to attract interest.  Then you find out it's $x more to sail when you want to sail, $y more for the cabin you want, and $z more for the amount of people you want.

$210 IS a legitimate cost, and you CAN book at that price, on a certain cruise, at a certain time, in a certain cabin.  If you have two people paying their own way (friends), then they'll each pay $210 (plus taxes and fees which are listed on the page).

I've said it before and I'll say it again... if you don't like the way a company does business, don't do business with them.  Take your money elsewhere where you like how they do things.  OR, you can reach out to the company and complain.  

If you're interested in how much it would cost a solo person to sail, find the cruise and cabin you want and double the price.  Add a little for taxes and fees.  

• Thanks 1