Chances of a Coastal Kitchen Reservation for Jr. Suite

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

SL access for Pins is often not allowed. Welcome to 2023

Threshold here on Voyager is 50.  We are at 46 right now, probably kicked out next week.  😞   But I don't use it anyway, except for coffee.  Have not tried to get coffee in the DL yet, but with only one machine in there and a lot of Ds, and D+....probably a zoo as usual.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

Really, I thought that changed recently or was that only for Concierge Lounges?

D+ recently kicked out permanently for CLs on ships that still have them.  They have never had access into SL.  Unless in full suite.  

Hit and miss (according to total numbers) on Pinnacles if allowed in either CL or SL.  

• Thanks 1

Sorry, I don't understand, in this context, what "threshold" means.  Is it the total capacity of the venue?  The total amount of a certain category?  How many people can stand in the doorway (that was an attempt at humor)?  No agenda, I just don't know!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Totally dependent on a magic, somewhat secret number. May vary by ship

Not only does it vary by ship, but we’ve seen it on the same ship vary from week to week.   One week the magic number is 40, the next week the  magic number is 30.  
m

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Not only does it vary by ship, but we’ve seen it on the same ship vary from week to week.   One week the magic number is 40, the next week the  magic number is 30.  
m

That probably correlates to the number of suite guests each week. Some weeks the suites may mostly have just two people per suite, other weeks, they may have four.   They need to allocate enough space based on headcount of suite guests that may potentially be in the SL during each sailing.  

Edited by rockmom

5 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Sorry, I don't understand, in this context, what "threshold" means.  Is it the total capacity of the venue?  The total amount of a certain category?  How many people can stand in the doorway (that was an attempt at humor)?  No agenda, I just don't know!

No one knows, that's the point. But you're more likely to be banned than included lately. 

I board Serenade tomorrow. Pins haven't been allowed in SL for weeks, if not months

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rockmom said:

That probably correlates to the number of suite guests each week. Some weeks the suites may mostly have just two people per suite, other weeks, they may have four.   They need to allocate enough space based on headcount of suite guests that may potentially be in the SL during each sailing.  

Seriously, no idea, but possible

But truthfully, you really never know how many suite pax even want to use the CL/SL.

Maybe I'll ask if I can see the CL concierge 🤔

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I think we had 36 on Jewel NYE and we were allowed in

Yeah, she told me they made the exception due to the holiday.   The Pinnacle "event" was a total joke until they got their act together the following week.  

15 hours ago, Ret MP said:

No...silly ...it's the limbo cane you have limbo under.  Or over, depending on how tall you are.  😄 

Threshold "AKA maximum amount" of Pinnacles on each ship (determined by who knows who LA or HD I guess)  that they will allow into the SL or CL....before the suites people start to get pissy. 

Funny thing is we are under the threshold for Voyager (max of 50) at 46, but none of us are going into the SL for happy hour.  We are all hanging out in the VCL lounge (which is really pretty on this ship).   The SL is a ghost town each night.  Feel sorry for the concierge in there (who is a very nice lady).  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Someone on FB pisted that starting this weekend Pins are back to full CK and Lounge access.  

Guess I'll know tomorrow 

And I will find out tonight if we are under or over the mysterious allocation for next week. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I suspect the variable number determined for Pinnacle access  to the suite/concierge lounge will be a number less than the total pinnacles on any given cruise. 
M

I totally believed that to be true until I read the post on our FB group last night.

BTW, I'm not saying I totally believe it, but the rumor is out there

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1