Singles/Fares

Observer

On 2/5/2023 at 1:42 PM, Texas Tillie said:

I had been told by multiple sources that the cheapest and the most expensive cabins were the first to fill up with those doing full world cruises.

Patty

My dad always said the same thing! 

Lisa

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 4:42 PM, Texas Tillie said:

I had been told by multiple sources that the cheapest and the most expensive cabins were the first to fill up with those doing full world cruises.

Patty

Well, of course.  The folks booking CP aren't springing for verandah cabins for their servants.😁

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Well, of course.  The folks booking CP aren't springing for verandah cabins for their servants.😁

I laughed at this!  On my last Crystal Cruise in 2019 I was in a deck 8 veranda cabin.  I think it was in Auckland a large extended family group embarked including about 8 little kids.  I was in shock when the two nannies and two of the toddlers moved into the two veranda cabins next to me!!  I think my cabin stewardess, whom I had gotten to know over the past 4 weeks, saw the look on my face of utter horror as they walked down the hall and opened the cabin door!  (She knew I was sensitive to loud people and music when not in the appropriate lounge/venue)

But guess what?  I never heard a peep out of them in their cabin!!  🤷‍♀️

~Nancy

• Like 5

8 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Would you want to be a servant to get a free world cruise and even get paid?

If you say yes, maybe someone on this board who is look for a servant will contact you.  You never know the power of CC.  🤫

Keith

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Would you want to be a servant to get a free world cruise and even get paid?

If you say yes, maybe someone on this board who is look for a servant will contact you.  You never know the power of CC.  🤫

Keith

I'll stick to the kitchen and leave that to FOH.

• Like 1

I was just quoted $32,000 single occupancy for a sapphire suite on the Papeete to Auckland world cruise segment (by my TA). That appears to be a 100% single supplement. Does anyone know if this is correct, and whether or not the aquamarine suites are also 100% single supplement for that WC segment?

Edited by sabieboy
typos
  • Like 1

As far as I know and have learned from quotes- all solos are twice the price except for the 'designated solo cabins " on 7.  Just a 215 sqft cabin with a veranda is 100% supplement.   Perhaps will change when realize are losing solo clients to specials offered on newer luxury ships. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MsCrystalina said:

As far as I know and have learned from quotes- all solos are twice the price except for the 'designated solo cabins " on 7.  Just a 215 sqft cabin with a veranda is 100% supplement.   Perhaps will change when realize are losing solo clients to specials offered on newer luxury ships. 

I don't think that NC really wants solo travellers.

As you say there are only a few small rooms that are solo priced.

Pay double for a larger suite and pay what two guests would bring to NC.

I can understand how they are thinking.

Solos will not be happy but this is NC and not OC.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MsCrystalina said:

I've booked 2 cabins on Deck 7 (Serenity), not designated solo cabins (those already fully booked) and my single supplement was 50% on both.

Patty

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

I don't think that NC really wants solo travellers.

As you say there are only a few small rooms that are solo priced.

Pay double for a larger suite and pay what two guests would bring to NC.

I can understand how they are thinking.

Solos will not be happy but this is NC and not OC.

If they didn't want solo travelers, then they wouldn't have brought back the dance hosts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think Crystal has the ambassador Hosts not so much to attract solos or even to provide dance partners, but because they feel they have to have them to be classified as a luxury line. 

On my last world cruise, there were eight dance hosts, all occupying their own rooms.  I noted at most 20 women wanting to dance with the hosts...usually less around 12 or so.  It is difficult to justify the lost revenue from eight rooms to satisfy so few passengers.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, History&Wine said:

I think Crystal has the ambassador Hosts not so much to attract solos or even to provide dance partners, but because they feel they have to have them to be classified as a luxury line. 

On my last world cruise, there were eight dance hosts, all occupying their own rooms.  I noted at most 20 women wanting to dance with the hosts...usually less around 12 or so.  It is difficult to justify the lost revenue from eight rooms to satisfy so few passengers.  

If you look at the deck plans. on Serenity the cabins forward of the solo cabins aren't included and on Symphony the cabins on Deck 8 behind the life boats aren't included. I have no knowledge, but common sense is that they intend to use those for entertainers and enrichment people. Time will tell.

Patty

• Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 8:35 AM, bitob said:

The dance hosts didn’t just dance with solo travelers. Many women travelling with husbands/partners who couldn’t or wouldn’t dance were their constant partners 

Also, they help even out the genders in dance classes.

1 hour ago, Cheddar Biscuit said:

Regarding single cabins ... my source noticed that there were two trips that were wait-listed yesterday that are not wait-listed today. So if you were shut out previously, and were not already on a wait-listed, you need to keep checking!

Not a surprise.  As I mentioned earlier there are many cases where a ship is fully booked but rooms open up with cancellations. Same happens on flights, hotels and restaurants.   And yes despite some pushback the first voyage was fully booked but cancellations occurred.  I have sources too.  In this case simply multiple  friends  who requested a rooms and at the time nothing open.  When room opened up they booked.  

I thought the number of waitlisted single rooms on the graphic above had to be wrong.  It shows five instances on Serenity.  I just checked the website.  I stopped counting the number of waitlisted solo rooms on Serenity at seven  with the February 3, 2024 departure.

Maybe the graphic above is only for 2023 voyages? 

2 hours ago, Cheddar Biscuit said:

I've got blisters on my mouse finger!

But I did go through all 49 itineraries, and I got a count of nine waitlisted SRGs. So good catch @History&Wine!

In addition to the five listed above ...

https://crystalcruises.com/cruises/none-cse-010-230812

https://crystalcruises.com/cruises/none-cse-013-240105

https://crystalcruises.com/cruises/none-cse-018-240203

... and there was another, but I closed the window by mistake.

I am on the second segment of the WC,  which is the 3rd link above. I was curious how full it was already.   am thinking about inviting one of my daughters to join me, a s I am already paying almost 75% more as a solo, so for a little more money and the cost of her airfare, I could go with my daughter and have a  for sure dinner mate:)

Edited by wearesiamese
  • Like 5