Celebrity Beyond, January 27 to February 5, 2023 - A journal of our trip and the Beyond

BikeTreker

My wife and I are sailing on the Beyond this week in the Western Caribbean.  As we travel I will post to my blog about the trip and the ship.  I hope to post every day or two, depending on our levels of activity.  For the most part the photos are the story.  If you are interested you can find the blog at http://www.travelswithcappy.com.  My first post just went up and is about Nassau.  Let me know what you think.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks to all of you for your replies. I will be posting photos of the ship soon. I will make it a point to include a photo of the bathroom in the sky suite. I am just now working my way around decks four and five and hope to post those sometime soon.  If anyone has a specific question, I will try to answer it.

For you Happy Cruiser, here are a few shots of the bathroom.  Hope these are what you were looking for.  The shower has 3 spray heads, a hand held, a rain shower and jets built into the wall.  They are all controlled, as to selection, by one control as is the faucet for the tub.  In other words you turn to nob to select your spray head.  We are very happy with the bathroom.

57A55736-8AB1-49E3-8EB4-0233E3CD2FA4.jpeg

BE5E2099-67EB-4A3D-BAF1-1D00ABDBC1EA.jpeg

91661E2D-11AC-496F-9443-B19BF6A108FB.jpeg

C423A74A-DFA9-499A-8E3C-51A3DCD5F869.jpeg

B7F99722-BB8D-4438-BA6A-CAA8EFAAA663.jpeg

5 hours ago, BikeTreker said:

For you Happy Cruiser, here are a few shots of the bathroom.  Hope these are what you were looking for.  The shower has 3 spray heads, a hand held, a rain shower and jets built into the wall.  They are all controlled, as to selection, by one control as is the faucet for the tub.  In other words you turn to nob to select your spray head.  We are very happy with the bathroom.

91661E2D-11AC-496F-9443-B19BF6A108FB.jpeg

B7F99722-BB8D-4438-BA6A-CAA8EFAAA663.jpeg

Thank you.  My main concern was access to the tub/shower thing.  Not ideal as I prefer a separate shower, but it appears to be doable.

36 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Thank you.  My main concern was access to the tub/shower thing.  Not ideal as I prefer a separate shower, but it appears to be doable.

TBH it's quite treacherous even for the limber. As you can see you have to step up then down and there's not many places to hold onto. Lastly, a helpful hint which you may or may not have seen in previous reports. The front bathtub ledge where the shower door is collects water so after a shower if you open the shower door water will drip out onto the floor. A quick handswipe (Or with a facecloth) of the bathtub ledge prior to exiting alleviates the issue. In prior threads some people seem to scoffed at having to do this. Whatever. 

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

We were in a Sky Suite on the Beyond and disembark asked on the 29th.

The tub is not as high as those on the S and M class. It is wider which makes it harder to find a place to put your hand to balance. It has one grip bar on the far end of the tub. It needs more.

We had to call our butler for a shower handle training session. Then top handle thing controls where the water comes out - the rain shower head, the hand held or the tub faucet. 

The bottom handle has a lever that underneath that moves from side to side to turn the water on and off. The handle turns to control the water temp.

6 hours ago, kwokpot said:

TBH it's quite treacherous even for the limber. As you can see you have to step up then down and there's not many places to hold onto. Lastly, a helpful hint which you may or may not have seen in previous reports. The front bathtub ledge where the shower door is collects water so after a shower if you open the shower door water will drip out onto the floor. A quick handswipe (Or with a facecloth) of the bathtub ledge prior to exiting alleviates the issue. In prior threads some people seem to scoffed at having to do this. Whatever. 

Well, I'm definitely not limber, so maybe that's a no go for me.  Thanks for the info.

Is the tub side deeper than the bathroom floor side? Or same height?

Agree.it is a safety  nightmare and huge waste of space having such a huge useless tub.. I enjoyed one soak but getting out was very scary.. not enough grab bars...

Also they have the potty room way back .. right opposite the  alleged dressing table..seat for that was a poor fit...Bathroom took up lots of slace but was not well designed in our opinion!  Sep shower and a smaller tub would have worked much better!

We enjoyed having the suit,  but will not be sad returning to AQ Class

• Like 1

If you are interested, I just posted a brief blog entry about the Elements show on the Beyond,  It is visually outstanding.  This recent post has photos and videos of the performance.  Have a look at http://travelswithcappy.com.  Let me know what you think.  More ship photos and a stop in Grand Cayman coming soon.