Help, never requested booked cruise

eqj60

Please direct us to best phone/email to resolve issue.

Today we found that we were booked on a cruise with over $7000 due Feb 3.

We never requested nor received notification!

Tried customer service but they were to charge cancellation fee and said we could request reimbursement from insurance. But we never requested nor paid for this so don't have the insurance!

Any help greatly appreciated. 

Wow.

Well, if final payment for that cruise is not due until Feb 3, you would be entitled to a full refund of whatever the deposit is.

Sounds like someone got drunk and booked a cruise months back. These things don't just happen.

45 minutes ago, eqj60 said:

Tried customer service but they were to charge cancellation fee and said we could request reimbursement from insurance. But we never requested nor paid for this so don't have the insurance!

Maybe a scam to get your credit card information? Sounds ....

The only phone number that you should be using is the  cruise lines ( whatever line that may be )published phone number, but if you don’t have a credit card that was charged for a deposit ,then I would say this is a scam .

How did you get notified that you were booked on a cruise with $7000 due ?

• Like 1

We never paid a deposit nor did we make request for this cruise.info just appeared today on my account.

Last night we did receive cold call from a John who claimed to be from Princess. He mentioned this cruise but we never agreed to it as we are not available for dates etc. He did know our Princess info but we never gave credit card info and no charges related to this booking on our account. 

Who above customer service at Princess should we contact??

29 minutes ago, eqj60 said:

We never paid a deposit nor did we make request for this cruise.info just appeared today on my account.

Last night we did receive cold call from a John who claimed to be from Princess. He mentioned this cruise but we never agreed to it as we are not available for dates etc. He did know our Princess info but we never gave credit card info and no charges related to this booking on our account. 

Who above customer service at Princess should we contact??

1-800 774-6237, but I doubt they’re going to have anything on file for you. Are you saying it came through as an email on your Princess account? I honestly don’t think I would worry about it ,if you don’t see  a credit card charge ( deposit)on any of your credit cards .I wouldn’t worry about this ,it’s a scam .

Do you have a princess captains circle account? If you do ,go into that and you should be able to see any booked cruises and the details.

I do see that the op posted today that they just booked a March 3rd cruise ( Emerald Princess roll call) and posted on a roll call, so......??

Op  may very well need to pay for a cruise that they just booked because it’s already past final payment for a March 3 cruise , but this thread is becoming crazier and crazier. 

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 2

Hi this sounds like a scam maybe call your credit card company that you have last used for a Princess cruise. It may be still on file and they are charging the deposit to this account. And check and  put a fraud alter on your account.

If a cruise is not paid for it will automatically cancel but you could loose a deposit that you did not authorize being put through your credit card  account.

Hope you get this solved without alot of problems.

1 hour ago, eqj60 said:

If you received an email stating that you had booked a cruise and you had money due... it is a SCAM.

DO NOT click on ANY link on the email and delete it from your computer/devices.  ALSO do not call the number listed on the email.

They will try to SCAM you in to clicking links and as result downloading software to you computer OR they will ask you to fill out a claim form of some type/sort with a CC for validation.. and then poof your credit card is maxed out.

This is a SCAM that is being passed around that mimic's a large vendor and looks very much like real email.   

No need to call Princess, they are aware and will tell you the same thing.    PS I work for a bank that is one of the top targets of this type of scam...  Google FRAPPO for details.

Edited by Valiamo
  • Like 5

If this cruise is not listed on your cruise personalizer then there is no cruise booked.   Even a hold only stays on for a few days then disappears.   You never paided any money and they don't have a credit card number.   Do Not give anyone your information.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

1-800 774-6237, but I doubt they’re going to have anything on file for you. Are you saying it came through as an email on your Princess account? I honestly don’t think I would worry about it ,if you don’t see  a credit card charge ( deposit)on any of your credit cards .I wouldn’t worry about this ,it’s a scam .

Do you have a princess captains circle account? If you do ,go into that and you should be able to see any booked cruises and the details.

I do see that the op posted today that they just booked a March 3rd cruise ( Emerald Princess roll call) and posted on a roll call, so......??

Op  may very well need to pay for a cruise that they just booked because it’s already past final payment for a March 3 cruise , but this thread is becoming crazier and crazier. 

Yes this unrequested cruise appears on my Captains Curcle account. That's when we first noticed it after we had paid for the March 3 cruise.

Hi are you sure the money you paid was put on your March3rd craise and not this new one that just appeared on your account.

I would still check your credit card used to pay for the March 3 cruise  to make sure it is  not been compromised. It would be awful to be away and find out your card has been compromised. 

Hope every thing gets resolved easily. 

Is there a pending charge on your credit card?  Calls to Princess are recorded so when you get through to someone insist that someone listen to the recording of the booking could be the agent booked it in error, but that should not happen.

Twitter seems to get a quick response for those with issues I don’t have an account so can’t add anything further sorry.

Hope you get it worked out.

All booked cruises must have a deposit when the booking is made.

Call Princess and ask when and how the deposit was made.

o If by credit card, they should be able to let you know which credit card

o If by Future Cruise Deposit/Future Cruise Certificate, there would be a name associated with that.

o If by Future Cruise Credits, there would be a name associated with that.

7 hours ago, eqj60 said:

Yes this unrequested cruise appears on my Captains Curcle account. That's when we first noticed it after we had paid for the March 3 cruise.

If this was booked on your account, then PCL would be able to see WHO booked it and I would call them, have them cancel it and have them report it as fraud. Have them connect you to customer solutions.  

Who made the deposit and what was the payment type used?  That would answer a lot of questions.

John, looking for a credit card for your final payment?  Sound’s definitely like he was trying to steal your cc information.  PCL does NOT call for payment. 

Someone needs to investigate this.  

Could this be the group that is doing cold calls and presents themselves as Princess, using half the sea witch logo?

This sounds like this company has everything they need to make a booking, if they are an agency, except your credit card.

This company should not be allowed access to our accounts, this opens it up to fraud.  

I would make sure to call after 6 am PT today.  Make sure to ask questions.  

Do you have a Travel agent?  Have you called them to inquire about this?  They have PCL TA managers, whom they could escalate this possible fraud.

I would call them first for direction, if not call Princess first thing this morning.

Please give us feedback.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, juniper berries said:

maybe call your credit card company that you have last used for a Princess cruise. It may be still on file and they are charging the deposit to this account.

it doesn't work that way.

CVP (if he is legit) may have put a hold on this cruise, but not fully booked it.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

If this happened to me I would immediately be on the phone with Princess and not posting on CC for help. Call the 888# -- any person there would be more helpful than anyone here on CC. Whole thing sounds fishy to me.

Edited by Paula_MacFan

Many thanks to all for some helpful info. 

While I wait for call backs, some responses:

There is NO deposit listed on the booking.

Found email from John, CVP in spam. It looks legit but not sure, no mention of booking this cruise. Sent him email and vmail re this. 

No extra charges on cc

Not sure how to check if it's a Hold as looks very much like our planned booking

Will try going via our TA too.

Any contact info for Princess Customer Solutions?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, eqj60 said:

Found email from John, CVP in spam. It looks legit but not sure, no mention of booking this cruise. Sent him email and vmail re this. 

No extra charges on cc

Not sure how to check if it's a Hold as looks very much like our planned booking

You have to call the regular Princess line, explain and asked to be transferred to customer solutions due to the urgency.

How do you know John is a CVP?  

Definitely, let your TA know, they can see any booking that was made and maybe escalate this for fraud.  They can see the history in Polar computer that PCL uses and the TA uses for bookings.

Don’t think I could wait.  I’d want to know right away.  

23 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

If this happened to me I would immediately be on the phone with Princess and not posting on CC for help. Call the 888# -- any person there would be more helpful than anyone here on CC. Whole thing sounds fishy to me.

Disagree.  OP has had a lot of helpful information.  If anything, it helps to sort through things.  There are some really helpful and insightful people on CC. JMO

But, I do agree, I’d make calls immediately to PCL, escalated hopefully, 

(customer solutions) and my TA.

To OP— had this happen recently, as well!

it was put on hold by a PVP- I never used. She put the same cruise on hold that I had just put my FCD on.  Sent me email and left phone messages to book with her instead of online!

I don’t book with her.  Her hold disappeared from my account in 3 days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eqj60 said:

No extra charges on cc

Call regular Princess number and tell them to cancel before final payment!!

• Like 1

Finally Resolved by best CS person ever!!

Betty at Princess CS, immediately noticed it was a hold and removed without penalty etc.

We had spent a good bit of time yesterday with various CS reps who could not figure this out.

Many thanks to all.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2