Best place for lunch on embarkation day?

J80crew

8 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

will have to try it,  as long as the meat is well done...minus the cheese....I am sure they have it every day...so no need to rush to have it on embarkation....

Don’t worry - there’s no such thing as a rare or medium cheesesteak. Viking’s version is good, but not a true Philly cheesesteak.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

will have to try it,  as long as the meat is well done...minus the cheese....I am sure they have it every day...so no need to rush to have it on embarkation....

Well done minus cheese = roast bef sandwich.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Squawkman said:

I’m not a drinker so I wouldn’t know (or care) if a Viking Mai Tai is not a true one. But I do know a real Philly cheesesteak when I see one.

Oh-oh.  My mistake.  It's "Jeff's" cheesesteak.  Scrumptious nonetheless.  😀

Pool-Grill.jpg.optimal.jpg

• Like 1

Timing is weird. Have never heard of Philly cheesesteak yet after posing this question yesterday here, this morning on our local radio here they were talking about - Philly cheesesteak 🤷‍♀️  I think they were discussing the advertisements or food for the match in USA this week. Sorry I don't follow it - grid iron ? Super Bowl maybe? 🤭

24 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Timing is weird. Have never heard of Philly cheesesteak yet after posing this question yesterday here, this morning on our local radio here they were talking about - Philly cheesesteak 🤷‍♀️  I think they were discussing the advertisements or food for the match in USA this week. Sorry I don't follow it - grid iron ? Super Bowl maybe? 🤭

https://www.thestar.com/life/food_wine/recipes/2023/02/09/philly-cheesesteak-vs-kansas-city-ribs-heres-your-fun-super-bowl-menu-no-matter-who-youre-cheering-for.html

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2023 at 12:11 PM, J80crew said:

Thanks, everyone. It’s great to be part of a community that is so generous with their knowledge, experience, and help. I’m excited to see how Viking compares to Oceania and my favorite, Crystal (at least in its former iteration). 

Do let us know how you compare Viking ocean to Oceania and the former Crystal because we loved Oceania and Crystal. We'll be taking the Viking Sky (our first Viking ocean cruise) this June from Barcelona to Athens. We picked Viking ocean because of all the raved reviews.

10 hours ago, YWW said:

Do let us know how you compare Viking ocean to Oceania and the former Crystal because we loved Oceania and Crystal. We'll be taking the Viking Sky (our first Viking ocean cruise) this June from Barcelona to Athens. We picked Viking ocean because of all the raved reviews.

If you haven’t already, you should review this thread for advice and hints on how to make the most of your Viking cruise. 
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2416372-tips-for-new-viking-ocean-cruisers/page/62/#comment-62141739

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2023 at 10:13 AM, Azulann said:

I had the Nordic hot dog  from pool grill on my  first Viking cruise. Figured  why not!

Shrimp salad on a very good hot dog. It was interesting, but I ate the whole thing. 

That sounds right up my alley!  Hoping they have that on the Saturn!

• Like 1