Greenland cruise out of Cape Liberty

1 hour ago, emeraldcity said:

I totally agree. Not only was Prins Christian Sund breath-taking, it was also the best day weather-wise of the entire trip. 

I didn't know Royal was offering a Greenland itinerary out of the East Coast. That's a stroke of brilliance. I hope it becomes a regular offering.

Carnival offered it first, out of Baltimore in Aug. for double the price of Royal. Saw that price and almost choked. When Royal came out with itinerary, I booked immediately. Had friends who booked on Carnival, cancel and switch over.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 8:24 AM, Jasukkie said:

I booked fairly early on, $3000 for two people in ocean view including tax and fees. I will have to make do with the promenade as my balcony, doubt Royal Up is going to help much on this one. I'm hoping since this one sold so well Royal will try to get a little more creative with Bayonne. 

We got an ocean view from $2800 back in April.  That includes taxes.  It is a group rate and I think the last one they had.

Anyone know what balcony prices were like when his sailing first became available to book. Just curious, not that it matters that much. Also what were Carnival prices like, what ship and what was the date of that sailing? and where was it sailing from?

Edited by Jimbo

48 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Anyone know what balcony prices were like when his sailing first became available to book. Just curious, not that it matters that much. 

Booked the Jewel 14N Greenland cruise on 17 Feb 2022, $1700 pp ($121/nite) for OV balcony.

Can't answer any questions on Carnival pricing or itinerary. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, long4acruise said:

Booked the Jewel 14N Greenland cruise on 17 Feb 2022, $1700 pp ($121/nite) for OV balcony.

Can't answer any questions on Carnival pricing or itinerary. 

3/2/22 booking shows $1897 PP or $135 per day for spacious OV bcy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Anyone know what balcony prices were like when his sailing first became available to book. Just curious, not that it matters that much. Also what were Carnival prices like, what ship and what was the date of that sailing? and where was it sailing from?

Booked 2/22/22 
4B aft $3958/ $141.35 pppd

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, emeraldcity said:

I didn't know Royal was offering a Greenland itinerary out of the East Coast. That's a stroke of brilliance. I hope it becomes a regular offering.

I agree, which is why I started the thread. Judging from the response I’d bet that they’ll offer it again. 

On 2/5/2023 at 11:19 PM, Jimbo said:

I booked this cruise right when it first became available, almost 15 months ago I think. As I recall, balconies were going for $5500 at the time. I paid I think $3200 for an inside cabin. I would've liked to had a balcony but not for $2000 extra.

Edited by Cruise Kay
  • Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 8:19 PM, Jimbo said:

When I looked at Carnival, it was the Legend on Aug 13, and for a solo inside, it was $4400, sailing from Baltimore RT. I paid around $2200 for an interior on Jewel. Booked Mar/22 

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

When I looked at Carnival, it was the Legend on Aug 13, and for a solo inside, it was $4400, sailing from Baltimore RT. I paid around $2200 for an interior on Jewel. Booked Mar/22 

Like the itinerary Royal has better then the Carnival one.

Looked at a few You Tube videos , for those that been to Greenland before. What's up with all the bugs flying around is that normal? Any months worse then others?

30 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Like the itinerary Royal has better then the Carnival one.

Looked at a few You Tube videos , for those that been to Greenland before. What's up with all the bugs flying around is that normal? Any months worse then others?

I was there in Aug/2018 on Serenade. I only went to Qaqortoq and it was cold. I didn’t see any bugs. The wind was gone chilling.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 8:24 AM, Jasukkie said:

I booked fairly early on, $3000 for two people in ocean view including tax and fees. I will have to make do with the promenade as my balcony, doubt Royal Up is going to help much on this one. I'm hoping since this one sold so well Royal will try to get a little more creative with Bayonne. 

I really hope the itineraries out of the NY metro area continue to get more creative.  There's also a Celebrity cruise to Iceland from Bayonne, which is almost sold out for this August (there are only guarantee cabins left, and nothing that can hold 3 passengers).  NCL is adding cruises to Iceland next season, but after NCL cancelled one and a half ports on my January cruise to be more environmentally friendly after final payment I am pretty hesitant to sail with them for itinerary again.  RC and Celebrity and Carnival designing more creative itineraries from NY would be amazing for my family.

Edited by kitkat343
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

I really hope the itineraries out of the NY metro area continue to get more creative.  RC and Celebrity and Carnival designing more creative itineraries from NY would be amazing for my family.

i love the 12-14 day southern Caribbean cruises carnival is doing out of NYC this year and next year going to places like Barbados, St Kitts, St Lucia.These type of unique cruises is soo much better then the boring regular Bahamas cruises

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 4:50 AM, little britain said:

Also what were Carnival prices like

We booked a cabin for the Carnival Legend 9/2/23 Greenland cruise the day it came out.  Balcony was around $5300 total for cabin and taxes for 2 people.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 11:19 PM, Jimbo said:

We have a balcony on Deck 7.  I booked a year ago and ours is just over $3400 for two of us including taxes.  ($121 per person, per night).

Edited by ValerieJo
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I was there in Aug/2018 on Serenade. I only went to Qaqortoq and it was cold. I didn’t see any bugs. The wind was gone chilling.

Do you have any suggestions on what to do/excursions for Qaqortoq?  Thank you.

1 hour ago, ValerieJo said:

Do you have any suggestions on what to do/excursions for Qaqortoq?  Thank you.

There really isn’t a whole lot to do. It is very small. I just took the tender over, walked around a bit and got my passport stamped at the postal place. I can’t even remember what was offered. you might find some ideas here.

https://guidetogreenland.com/travel-blogs/insuk-kim/qaqortoq-the-biggest-town-in-south-greenland/

• Thanks 1