New website.

Riocca

7 hours ago, rickip said:

I've used the booking support form (online) a couple of times now.  The "quickest" response I got was exactly 4 weeks (!!) later - and, the person answering was confused because the situation had changed in the meantime.  A waste of time on all sides.  

4 weeks?! When I sent in the form it said they would respond in 3-5 days. My credit card was charged but we have no booking number, invoice, etc. We are supposed to sail on 8/15.

4 hours ago, CMATraveller said:

4 weeks?! When I sent in the form it said they would respond in 3-5 days. My credit card was charged but we have no booking number, invoice, etc. We are supposed to sail on 8/15.

I am on day 45 - no response at all. The only response I ever got was an email saying "your issue has been addressed, if there is anything else you need please feel free to reach out".  Spoiler: nothing has been fixed.  And the email came from a no reply email. 

I have sent emails to Guest Relations and Loyalty with no response at all.  I have had only one response from filling out the form several times and it says everything is corrected.  Not!  Has anyone noticed that we have not heard anything from Carol Cabezas recently?  ( Besides her email welcoming me to Azamara  🙄)  I have two more cruises booked with Azamara.  These will probably be the last as this situation has gone on way too long and the issues are far from resolved.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nonrev1 said:

I have sent emails to Guest Relations and Loyalty with no response at all.  I have had only one response from filling out the form several times and it says everything is corrected.  Not!  Has anyone noticed that we have not heard anything from Carol Cabezas recently?  ( Besides her email welcoming me to Azamara  🙄)  I have two more cruises booked with Azamara.  These will probably be the last as this situation has gone on way too long and the issues are far from resolved.   

I plan my trips in advance, so I won't be doing any ship excursions at all this time. I'm just not a last-minute scheduler.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nonrev1 said:

I will admit that I canceled a cruise in the midst of all of the IT mess, but I will certainly be back once things are back on an even keel. I still love the cruise line.

• Like 6

Today (May 29), I received a reply from Azamara in regard to a form I sent on May 2. Basically, they said sorry for the delay and that they hope I have been able to have my issues addressed. 

I immediately wrote back and said that some issues have been addressed, but my points/status are still incorrect and that my booked cruise price can not be adjusted until my status is corrected.

I received another reply a short time later:

"Good afternoon, Xxxxx

We appreciate your patience as we are still transitioning our new website. Unfortunately, at this time we are still updating and adding bookings into the consumer site as well as adding loyalty points to bookings. We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused and hope to have everything resolved by the end of June.

Thank you,

Azamara Customer Service"

So, someone is working today and read my reply and answered right away. I just hope it is resolved sooner because I need to make final payment. But, it does say they hope to have EVERYTHING resolved by the end of June, so we'll see!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kent4489 said:

Today (May 29), I received a reply from Azamara in regard to a form I sent on May 2. Basically, they said sorry for the delay and that they hope I have been able to have my issues addressed. 

I immediately wrote back and said that some issues have been addressed, but my points/status are still incorrect and that my booked cruise price can not be adjusted until my status is corrected.

I received another reply a short time later:

{{{Snip}}}

The most exciting thing to me is that your reply came from an email address able to receive your message and respond back to you!

If you don’t mind, please share the email address with us.
Good luck with getting everything resolved in time for final payment.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JaneStarr said:

The most exciting thing to me is that your reply came from an email address able to receive your message and respond back to you!

If you don’t mind, please share the email address with us.
Good luck with getting everything resolved in time for final payment.

I think it was in re: to the Loyalty form and came from loyalty@azamara.com

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, kent4489 said:

But, it does say they hope to have EVERYTHING resolved by the end of June, so we'll see!

That's been a rolling end date, but they do seem to be making progress.

• Like 1

From onboard Azamara Quest, day 25:

Today is the second day of the second cruise of my B2B.  I mentioned a few pages back that we cancelled one of our excursions for this cruise online before we left on the first cruise because if we had waited until we could cancel onboard, it would have been past the deadline to cancel.  That excursion was indeed cancelled, but the OBC that we used to book it was not returned to either of our accounts.  We would have liked to use that $318 OBC to book something else.  Guest Relations asked for proof that we had cancelled, which we don't have because Azamara never sent us a confirmation.  But they were able to see the amount of OBC we started with and the amount we spent, so they approved the refund and "sent it in" wherever that is.  They told us it would be two days until the credit arrived in our accounts.  Today is day one - nothing. 

The moral of this story is, even if the website allows you to book, cancel, or whatever, keep records of everything and be prepared to make your case onboard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, tgg said:

GET IT IN WRITING applies to so many situations in life.

What I’ve been doing is taking screenshots in case email confirmations don’t come in.

Edited by JaneStarr
To fix typo
  • Like 6

An update, and progress has been made.

I've been dealing with an air issue for a client since early April, for an August departure. As of today, it appears that the air is back on the reservation, as well as the correct OBC, and the money owed is correct. Money the client had paid for the air in April when they paid their balance due, that Azamara inexplicably refunded in mid-May, was re-charged to the client again this morning. After much patience and communication, it appears this reservation has been properly sorted out.

Further, I have received written confirmation in the past week of the proper amounts of OBC on other bookings.

I am now working to have corrections made to a booking sailing in November (balance due is in July).  The balance due is incorrect due to a payment for Shore Excursions made on a credit card in February, and the booking shows an Enjoyment Package ($999) as Add Ons, rather than the purchased Indulgence Package ($1499), also purchased in February. 

Other than that, there are some issues with loyalty numbers not being correct, and loyalty points/status not being correct. I have been told this will be resolved on all bookings by end of June. 

I won't say it has been easy, and that it has not consumed an amazing amount of time, but I will say that I have had success in correcting errors, and things are moving in a forward direction. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, terry&mike said:

An update, and progress has been made.

I've been dealing with an air issue for a client since early April, for an August departure. As of today, it appears that the air is back on the reservation, as well as the correct OBC, and the money owed is correct. Money the client had paid for the air in April when they paid their balance due, that Azamara inexplicably refunded in mid-May, was re-charged to the client again this morning. After much patience and communication, it appears this reservation has been properly sorted out.

{{{Snip}}}

Let’s hope they actually ticket the air on a timely basis so that seats and reservations aren’t lost.  That’s currently the main stress I have for my Aug sailing.

1 hour ago, JaneStarr said:

Let’s hope they actually ticket the air on a timely basis so that seats and reservations aren’t lost.  That’s currently the main stress I have for my Aug sailing.

This should happen about 30 days out from departure. I’ll keep an eye on it to make sure all goes as planned. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, islandwoman said:

From onboard Azamara Quest, day 25:

Today is the second day of the second cruise of my B2B.  I mentioned a few pages back that we cancelled one of our excursions for this cruise online before we left on the first cruise because if we had waited until we could cancel onboard, it would have been past the deadline to cancel.  That excursion was indeed cancelled, but the OBC that we used to book it was not returned to either of our accounts.  We would have liked to use that $318 OBC to book something else.  Guest Relations asked for proof that we had cancelled, which we don't have because Azamara never sent us a confirmation.  But they were able to see the amount of OBC we started with and the amount we spent, so they approved the refund and "sent it in" wherever that is.  They told us it would be two days until the credit arrived in our accounts.  Today is day one - nothing. 

The moral of this story is, even if the website allows you to book, cancel, or whatever, keep records of everything and be prepared to make your case onboard.

Sorry, but I don't think it's too much to expect to have things sorted out before boarding and not waste my vacation time making my case onboard.  My biggest issue with the way this is all being handled is the lack of any reliable communication channel.  As a result, the left hand no longer knows what the right hand has already done.  Sure there can be glitches in transitions like this, but there's no excuse for not being able to deal with and respond to concerns in a prompt, reliable and effective way.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

I got the email on April 23 and have never gotten a reply even though I followed up 3 times.

I sent more than one Loyalty form over the past couple of months, but the e-mail had my info from May 2 showing in the e-mail they sent. 

I checked the 2 emails, and yes, they both came from loyalty@azamara.com

2 hours ago, terry&mike said:

This should happen about 30 days out from departure. I’ll keep an eye on it to make sure all goes as planned. 

I’ll be very concerned if not ticketed earlier than that! There have been reports of airlines canceling bookings for nonpayment by Azamara between 30 & 60 days from what I recall. 

Given how long it can take to get through to someone empowered to help at Azamara — especially with GMT air, we plan to follow up 60 days prior to outbound flight. 

8 minutes ago, JaneStarr said:

I’ll be very concerned if not ticketed earlier than that! There have been reports of airlines canceling bookings for nonpayment by Azamara between 30 & 60 days from what I recall. 

Given how long it can take to get through to someone empowered to help at Azamara — especially with GMT air, we plan to follow up 60 days prior to outbound flight. 

I would keep checking.  We had issues with both our outbound and return flights. We chose seats on our outbound as soon as it was booked.  Those were cancelled.  I rebooked seats, but the only ones available at that time were worse and I had to pay.  They were then cancelled as well.  It wasn't until I was finally ticketed that I could use the money I already spend and reserve seats.

We had seats on our return flight up to about 2 weeks ago when I discovered we were ticketed, but  downgraded from premium to economy.  It took a week for our TA to sort that, but again the decent seats were now taken, and we are forced to sit 3 across.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kent4489 said:

I sent more than one Loyalty form over the past couple of months, but the e-mail had my info from May 2 showing in the e-mail they sent. 

I checked the 2 emails, and yes, they both came from loyalty@azamara.com

So did mine. Still waiting for an answer.