New website.

Riocca

17 hours ago, Whitby100 said:

We successfully used OBC to book a shore excursion by calling them.  I’d try that whether your OBC shows or not.  Ask for a confirmation email, person’s name, take notes etc.  Also ask for the amount of remaining OBC.  I suspect (hope?) you will be successful.  I was only on hold about 10 minutes when I called a few weeks ago.  Good luck.

Whitby,  does your booking show an amount due?    I also called them to book excursions using OBC.  The excursions are showing as booked but it says we have a payment due for the amount of the excursions (the cruise itself is paid in full).  Just wondering whether that is correct or I should call them back,..

Crazy as it sounds our online info is correct.  No money owing; our booked shore excursion with remaining amount left in OBC is showing. It was incorrect with no cruise and then no OBC a few months back but I sent in a help ticket and it was fixed.  (Previous cruises weren’t there but loyalty level appears correct so I’m not concerned there).
To be honest, I am not logging in again until a month before we go since I am happy with the info as last posted.

We have only sailed on Azamara so perhaps it was easy to update our file as there was no merging of information. 

14 hours ago, paf225 said:

I listed what worked for me to navigate to the payment screen in post #1781 in this forum.  Hopefully it will work for you as well.  Regards, Paul

Thank you Paul, I cancelled al my booked excursions and started again, but " your " sites/words never came up. I'm not worried, I'm sure it will be fine within 30 days of sailing, I now just keep it like it is. 

1 hour ago, Whitby100 said:

Crazy as it sounds our online info is correct.  No money owing; our booked shore excursion with remaining amount left in OBC is showing. It was incorrect with no cruise and then no OBC a few months back but I sent in a help ticket and it was fixed.  (Previous cruises weren’t there but loyalty level appears correct so I’m not concerned there).
To be honest, I am not logging in again until a month before we go since I am happy with the info as last posted.

We have only sailed on Azamara so perhaps it was easy to update our file as there was no merging of information. 

Thank you!  Sounds like I should get back on the phone. I agree with you -  if the l last thing you saw was good,  don't jinx it by logging back in,  ha ha!  Happy cruising.

On 7/1/2023 at 7:27 PM, blag said:

The use of this word as a verb is new to me, and I cannot find a definition that enlightens me as to what you mean in this context.

I'd be very grateful if you could explain. 

(From Wikipedia) A grandfather clause, also known as grandfather policy, grandfathering, or grandfathered in, is a provision in which an old rule continues to apply to some existing situations while a new rule will apply to all future cases. Those exempt from the new rule are said to have grandfather rights or acquired rights, or to have been grandfathered in. 

17 minutes ago, Cruise2STW said:

(From Wikipedia) A grandfather clause, also known as grandfather policy, grandfathering, or grandfathered in, is a provision in which an old rule continues to apply to some existing situations while a new rule will apply to all future cases. Those exempt from the new rule are said to have grandfather rights or acquired rights, or to have been grandfathered in. 

In my HOA I am able to use this in my outdoor landscaping. About three of us are.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cruise2STW said:

Thanks.

I found this definition before I posted, but it did not clarify things for me. 

• Like 1

I am just renewing my UK based annual travel insurance policy.  It gives me additional protections over and above a standard policy for some more "unusual" situations which is helpful and includes good cruise cover for a number of things including missed ports or changed itineraries.  It also has extra cover in relation to excursions however I was looking at the small print and it says excursions must be booked before the journey started if they are to be covered.  So waiting to book on board, perhaps then being disappointed and then contacting a local provider would have no cover.  Likewise a ships excursion in relation to negligence by the operator (a notorious grey area) is only covered if I book pre cruise.  Lets hope they fully sort the website out soon!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, uktog said:

I am just renewing my UK based annual travel insurance policy.  It gives me additional protections over and above a standard policy for some more "unusual" situations which is helpful and includes good cruise cover for a number of things including missed ports or changed itineraries.  It also has extra cover in relation to excursions however I was looking at the small print and it says excursions must be booked before the journey started if they are to be covered.  So waiting to book on board, perhaps then being disappointed and then contacting a local provider would have no cover.  Likewise a ships excursion in relation to negligence by the operator (a notorious grey area) is only covered if I book pre cruise.  Lets hope they fully sort the website out soon!!!!

Are we to assume you're talking about insurance NOT through Azamara? How does it compare to an AZ policy added on to a booking? Which is better? If external, what are some of the better companies recommended to obtain a travel insurance policy?

PS - we're US based

Jean

14 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I booked another cruise today, and now when I sign in to my account I can see both my upcoming cruises - before I couldn’t see any! Still haven’t got my loyalty level right though, but things do seem to be improving.

@Grandma Cruisingwhere are you going (just nosy)?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nuts4pi said:

Are we to assume you're talking about insurance NOT through Azamara? How does it compare to an AZ policy added on to a booking? Which is better? If external, what are some of the better companies recommended to obtain a travel insurance policy?

PS - we're US based

Jean

This is UK based policy and on perusal of all the comparable policies all have the same small print.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Werangels said:

You used to be able to see what cabins are still available.  I can’t see how you can do this now.  Anyone know please?

You cant - you have to use a travel agent or call up even to find up cabins available.  I am sure the marketeers thought this was brilliant as they could somehow persuade more people to book but for me it is a big turn off

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, uktog said:

You cant - you have to use a travel agent or call up even to find up cabins available.  I am sure the marketeers thought this was brilliant as they could somehow persuade more people to book but for me it is a big turn off

It’s a turn off for me too.  I don’t want to bother our TA until I know there is something I prefer.  I was thinking of upgrading to a continental suite but even when you go through the whole thing putting your details in, etc, it won’t let you choose for yourself.  

I think they will lose business with people not being prepared to jump more hoops.  Stupid.

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I booked another cruise today, and now when I sign in to my account I can see both my upcoming cruises - before I couldn’t see any! Still haven’t got my loyalty level right though, but things do seem to be improving.

Yes, I can now see both the cruise I booked last year and the one I booked last week together on the new version of the website. Incorrect loyalty level and cruise nights, but we’re getting there 🤞

30 minutes ago, uktog said:

For those in the US, there are many online cruise agencies that have web sites that will show all available cabins on any sailing.  

41 minutes ago, uktog said:

I think it’s a feature of the Versonix Seaware system which offers best in category as other cruise lines using it seem to be the same, however the same system used onboard has the ability to show available cabins so we can only hope that it is an option that could be implemented for the general website.

You can get to available cabins but it’s a real pain, you need to go through the booking process until you see the allocated cabin then there’s a pencil and pad icon if you press on that a list of cabins in that category becomes available. However it’s important not to save the details if you’re signed in as it will save it to your account and I can’t see a way of removing it.

Edited by Riocca
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, tgg said:

For those in the US, there are many online cruise agencies that have web sites that will show all available cabins on any sailing.  

Are they still showing live availability today?  Thats strange because if it was doable, I am sure the UK online ones would as well or is this a US only feature

25 minutes ago, uktog said:

Are they still showing live availability today?  Thats strange because if it was doable, I am sure the UK online ones would as well or is this a US only feature

There’s 1 in the U.K. that I’ve found shows availability, unfortunately I can’t name them.

8 minutes ago, Riocca said:

There’s 1 in the U.K. that I’ve found shows availability, unfortunately I can’t name them.

I need to do some more searching 

I sent a request to Azamara via the website portal about using my OBC.  Within 15 minutes on a national holiday (July 4th) I got the following response.

Hello,
Thank you for reaching out to Azamara Support I took a look at your booking and it looks like you have a total of $XXXX.00 in OBC before boarding. All you need to do is check the box saying you would like to apply OBC to your excursions. Once done if you would like to double check your excursions you can send a reply to this email with your chosen excursions and I will apply your OBC to them.

Have a wonderful day!

Azamara Guest Relations Team

--
Prefer fewer emails from me? Click here

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This message may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or taking any action in reliance on these contents is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this e-mail and then delete it from your system.

PS. I X'd out the OBC amount for my privacy.

Edited by Heartfelttraveler
  • Like 2

On 7/2/2023 at 11:23 AM, Dudeljo said:

We have OBC but it is not showing in our account. Like everyone here.

But we wanted to book excursions, using OBC so we asked Azamara how to do this. 

This is their reply:

Using Onboard Credit to Book Shore Excursions

To use your onboard credit (OBC) to book shore excursions, after logging into your account:

1. Scroll down to Shore Excursions and select “Book” on the $0 Onboard Credit item to authorize use of your onboard credit
  2. Book your desired Shore Excursions
  3. Once your Shore Excursions are booked, navigate to the payment screen and click “Cancel"
  4. Your selected shore excursions are now booked, and onboard credit will be applied

Well, that looks easy. So I tried. 

Step 1 

Step 2 

Step 3 How to navigate to the payment screen? I tried a lot but nothing worked: no payment screen.

Is there anyone who knows?

Thank you so much,

Jo

Exactly what I said a few posts above yours. Still hoping someone can tell me how to do this.