AARP Raises Limit on Gift Card Purchases

Rick&Jeannie

26 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Seriously?  You meant that actual card number and the PIN are directly on the email? That is definitely not how my email was...

Well - I thought I had, but NOT - yes, I click the red and go to the actual card!  

Edited by CM1984
  • Like 3

Has anyone booked a shore excursion using a GC  that was cancelled?  Port is a tender port? My CVP will take GC as payment now. I want to reserve now, crusie in July. Got last 2 seats.

How long did it take for the credit to appear on the GC?  I have rebooked and had a card refunded within a day, but that was off ship. 

If SE is cancelled, Wondering if I can then get it applied to OBC.  We will still have 10 more days until disembarking.

Ty 

1 hour ago, naurutger said:

Put me down for someone that tried 2 accounts and 3 credit cards and none of them would go through for the gift cards.

Clarification please:  Are you speaking of purchasing gift cards or applying them to your cruise balance?

The AARP Rewards website has a notice of “Maintenance” for tomorrow March 15, 0800-0930 EST.   I saw it on maintenance last fall and it took a while to come back online.  Maybe three weeks. 

Also note the website states EST and not EDT?   hmmmmm. 

30 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Clarification please:  Are you speaking of purchasing gift cards or applying them to your cruise balance?

The actual purchase of a gift card. I'm sure the use of them will go through just fine. Maybe this maintenance tomorrow will fix it.

12 minutes ago, BuckeyeTraveler said:

Are you purchasing these using rewards or using dollars?  The only thing I am seeing is to purchase a $100 gift card for $90.

I was not aware that purchasing with rewards was possible...I've been giving them dollars.

• Like 2

I had one payment for a $450 princess gc go through today but no email regarding it. It might not be a big deal, an unsubscribe email came about 12 hours later yesterday so hopefully it's just a delay. But all my other attempts to buy more have been rejected 

On 2/4/2023 at 2:39 PM, azbirdmom said:

Thanks all.  I've gotten in there but am just in a crazy loop where the "Get Started..." button has the only functioning link and it keeps bringing me back to the home page.  We've already signed up and we are AARP members.  Will try later but at least now I know where it is supposed to be!  🙂 

ETA:  The above is what happened on my laptop.  I was able to find it on my phone.  Thanks again!

shut down computer and try again   search  type in REWARDS

40 minutes ago, crooooze said:

I’ve been getting the same error for nearly a week. Contacted their support number and was told 3-5 business days. 😞

I have never used these GC and it seems somewhat 'fiddly' to me, these errors only reinforce that feeling.

• Like 1

So I was able to get the purchase to go through using PayPal. It took a billion times. However the purchase only shows up in PayPal and while the transactions in aarp list it, I got an error screen after purchase and have not actually got any of them this week. I chatted with them and received a response on their forum yesterday that they see the error in my account and hopefully I should get them. It is a lot of work for 10% off. While my payment isn't due for 19 days, I'm hopeful to get them this week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, crooooze said:

I’ve been getting the same error for nearly a week. Contacted their support number and was told 3-5 business days. 😞

Good luck! They never even responded to me.  I did get my $$ back.

On 3/14/2023 at 4:15 PM, naurutger said:

Put me down for someone that tried 2 accounts and 3 credit cards and none of them would go through for the gift cards.

I had to use PayPal due to valid credit cards being rejected.

On 3/14/2023 at 1:15 PM, milolii said:

If SE is cancelled, Wondering if I can then get it applied to OBC.  We will still have 10 more days until disembarking.

If cancelled during the cruise, it should be refunded as OBC.

If cancelled before the cruiser, it should be refunded back to the method of payment.

• Thanks 1