UBER

johnnydeo

4 minutes ago, johnnydeo said:

Getting responses about other states, hotels and countries and Limo stuff I don't want.

Because the title of that thread is "Transportation". Had you called it "Uber or Uber XL from FLL with 2 Suitcases?" you'd have better luck attracting appropriate answers. Even this thread is poorly named.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, johnnydeo said:

i have asked about UBER straight from FLL to Celebrity cruise terminal. With  2 suitcases do I need UBER XL?

Getting responses about other states, hotels and countries and Limo stuff I don't want.

You don't need Uber XL. I only have used Uber XL from FLL when we had three paasengers with one luggage and one carry on each.

Ive done it with 2 suitcases but they were carry on size.  Easier the first time if unsure get XL, usually not a huge difference and it will be piece of mind.  I would not do the uberx as that can be anything from a prius to a camary size.  Very variable.

Absolutely not (unless you are dealing with the steamer trunks of old).  As I mentioned in the other thread, we have had no issues with getting a large (very large) hanging bag and 2 carry-on roller bags in any UberX we've called. 

The guy with the large jack in the back actually was driving a Corolla.  We managed fine.

7 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Because the title of that thread is "Transportation". Had you called it "Uber or Uber XL from FLL with 2 Suitcases?" you'd have better luck attracting appropriate answers. Even this thread is poorly named.

The OP does not know how to title threads. This one has an off title too. They are bound to get frustated with the answers without clear titles.It also should have been posted to Florida Departures. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lovecruzin said:

FLL? How big are your suitcases? Do you have any carryon?

I would do XL just incase you get the random driver that won’t put more than 1 suitcase in the boot of his Prius!

2 normal size suitcases 45-50lbs and 1 carryon that i will hold. 

With all due respect.   Asking the same question in 3 separate threads is going to get the same answer.

Yes a Regular Uber will work fine.  We normally travel with 2 Large Suitcases and Duffel Bag and a Backpack and never had a problem

Edited by Jim_Iain

26 minutes ago, RichYak said:

LOL. They have now posted a third thread with a bad title asking the same question. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, johnnydeo said:

A responder recommended I post under UBER for direct answers to my question from cruisers who have actually done this, so I wouldn't be getting results about Limos, other states,etc.

You can use more than one word in your title.

In any case the distance from FLL to Port  Everglades is small so an Uber XL will only be a few dollars more. I think a standard Uber will be fine but if you are concerned book the XL. I always take an Uber from FLL becuase the taxi fare can climb because of port congestion entereing the port. On the return I always take a taxi becuase they are lined up while the Ubers can't line up, they have to come from outside after you book them. 

Don't be obsessed with taxi versus Uber at FLL if going to Port Everglades. They are so close that using either is no big deal cost wise.

Edited by Charles4515