Le Petit Chef

coffeebean

I know this delightful dining experience is not new to Celebrity cruisers. I am a seasoned cruiser but have cruised only five times on Celebrity. We are just off Beyond and this was our first E class Celebrity ship to experience.

Of the four specialty restaurants we dined in (Le Voyage, Fine Cut Steak House, Eden) my favorite dining experience, by far, was Le Petit Chef. I was aware of the technology used for this animated dining experience but was still blown away by the execution of it. The food was so delicious, but that was sort of secondary to the absolute delight of the animated table top and dinner plate.

I want to do this again but hubby says once is enough. Whaaaa.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

We now go to le petit chef on all our celebrity cruises, the show is always great , but on beyond 2 months ago the food was also great it was a better meal than fine cut there steak restaurant. We will do it again next month on summit.

I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed Le Petit Chef!  My wife and I enjoyed our experience on Equinox this past summer. We will definitely dine at Le Petit Chef again in the future.  The food was fabulous!  If you didn’t do it, recommend paying the extra money for the wine pairing. I hate reading reviews where people trash the experience.  I would not run back on every cruise because I think the novelty would get old but definitely an experience to try again.

9 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Perhaps if you remind him that there are 3 or 4 different shows he might change his mind. 🙂

My favorite of the 3 shows is the Battle of the 4 Chefs. I  have made it a point to do LPC once on every X cruise because in the Past there has been a few nights that Lobster and a small Filet were (Both) served and were outstanding But someone posted here that that Menu has been replaced by Short Ribs????

I'll be on Milli in A  few days so I will see if that's the case.....😐

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Such a timely post! We have debated on trying LPC on our upcoming cruise. My understanding is that bc it’s animated, everyone is served at the same time. Do I have that right?  Something about that has kept me from reserving in the past. Your post has me rethinking. 

You have it right. I thought I wouldn’t like it for just that reason but the timing was fine. It’s fun and different. Certainly worth a try once. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, D. B. said:

My favorite of the 3 shows is the Battle of the 4 Chefs. I  have made it a point to do LPC once on every X cruise because in the Past there has been a few nights that Lobster and a small Filet were (Both) served and were outstanding But someone posted here that that Menu has been replaced by Short Ribs????

I'll be on Milli in A  few days so I will see if that's the case.....😐

We were on the Beyond when we did Le Petit Chef. We had Short Ribs for our entree.

52 minutes ago, crimsonbird said:

The first time on the Equinox was wonderful.  A few months later...on the Infinity...it was a disaster.  There were too many diners for the staff to handle.   

Our dining room on Beyond was quite empty. There were about five parties in the restaurant so service was wonderful. As soon as the animation ended for each course, our plates were delivered right away. I wondered what it would be like if all the tables were occupied.

36 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Such a timely post! We have debated on trying LPC on our upcoming cruise. My understanding is that bc it’s animated, everyone is served at the same time. Do I have that right?  Something about that has kept me from reserving in the past. Your post has me rethinking. 

Yes, everyone in the restaurant is served at the same time. We all watch the same video. There are several projectors in the ceiling so all tables receive the video, even if the tables are not occupied.

As I just said in a previous post, our "show" was quite empty so everyone did receive their plates at the same time. That was great. Just as the animation stopped on the plate, the real food was delivered. The animation continues on the table though. It was like dining at a table with a live table cloth........birds were flying all over the place and little people were sailing in boats. That was just one course. Other courses are different and so creative.

I highly recommend this dining experience!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

Our dining room on Beyond was quite empty. There were about five parties in the restaurant so service was wonderful. As soon as the animation ended for each course, our plates were delivered right away. I wondered what it would be like if all the tables were occupied.

We had it scheduled for night 6 of a 7 night cruise and got a phone call about 5pm saying they canceled it because there were not enough people , so we went next night , on beyond also.

58 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Not necessarily. One ship might show different shows on different nights during a single sailing.

Every ship I have been on rotates the shows daily. On occasion we have gone twice  because the food has been exceptional.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

We were on the Beyond when we did Le Petit Chef. We had Short Ribs for our entree.

Bummer about the Ribs. As much as I like LPC I do Not think I will pay the jacked up Specialty Rest. Fee (with the added 18% Tip) in the future.

I agree with all the positive points mentioned in previous posts...it is a charming, unique experience with delicious food.

Another thing that I really appreciated was the QUIET atmosphere. It was very relaxing, almost spa-like, to dine in a darkened room with none of the ambient noise you have in the larger dining venues.