Le Petit Chef

coffeebean

Sailing the Millie this July, would like to do Le Petite Chef with friends, I see a different menu on the app vs  my cruise planner. Can anyone clarify if all of the ships are offering the same menu and if so which one? 

Thanks in advance, 
Patty 

19 hours ago, D. B. said:

My favorite of the 3 shows is the Battle of the 4 Chefs. I  have made it a point to do LPC once on every X cruise because in the Past there has been a few nights that Lobster and a small Filet were (Both) served and were outstanding But someone posted here that that Menu has been replaced by Short Ribs????

I'll be on Milli in A  few days so I will see if that's the case.....😐

That is the one we did last summer on Equinox. All of us really enjoyed it. Out of curiosity, why is that your favorite? Food selections? Storyline? Both? 

I get that it may not be for some, but for us we all said we would do it again. 

48 minutes ago, cw2go said:

Sailing the Millie this July, would like to do Le Petite Chef with friends, I see a different menu on the app vs  my cruise planner. Can anyone clarify if all of the ships are offering the same menu and if so which one? 

Thanks in advance, 
Patty 

Please see comments above (did you?) The menu rotates daily. I believe there are three versions at this time. The app is likely incorrect until you board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

Please see comments above (did you?) The menu rotates daily. I believe there are three versions at this time. The app is likely incorrect until you board.

5 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I think you're right about that.  Currently, the app only shows the short rib menu for every night of my upcoming sailing.  Could be a source of the confusion.

Yes I saw the above posts, I read it to be the show rotated not the menus, oops. My confusion is that the app shows only 1 menu and my cruise planner shows only 1 menu but they're different. I was hoping the app was correct which is the Short Ribs, working with seafood allergies. The planner has a super seafood focused meal, to have a show be so far off from the meal might be a bummer for my DH. 

Patty 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cw2go said:

Yes I saw the above posts, I read it to be the show rotated not the menus, oops. My confusion is that the app shows only 1 menu and my cruise planner shows only 1 menu but they're different. I was hoping the app was correct which is the Short Ribs, working with seafood allergies. The planner has a super seafood focused meal, to have a show be so far off from the meal might be a bummer for my DH. 

Patty 

there is a main menu, which has a beef nd seafood. There is also an alternate menu which has a poultry and fish.  You can totally avoid any seafood. It doesn't matter which of the three menus/show you attend.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, cw2go said:

I read it to be the show rotated not the menus

There are different shows, each of which has its own unique menu. There is also an alternate menu for each show. The alternate might be the same across all the shows, I really don't know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, RichYak said:

There are different shows, each of which has its own unique menu. There is also an alternate menu for each show. The alternate might be the same across all the shows, I really don't know.

Thank you! So basically the meal and show are a surprise until the day of and any special dietary needs are accommodated then and there? No need to pre plan? 

Example ~ I'll have the main menu but replace second course with the alternate in same category. 

It's sound likes quirky fun and I thought in Alaska it may be a great time with friends. Didn't mean to make this so complicated! 🤪

Patty 

Prior to January 1, my app showed 3 or 4 different menus over the course of my 7 day cruise on Solstice on 2/18.  However since January, only 1 menu shows for all 7 days.  Does anyone have experience with this, since the changes started happening, and confirm that once I get on ship I will see more than the 1 menu?

1 hour ago, cw2go said:

So basically the meal and show are a surprise until the day of and any special dietary needs are accommodated then and there? No need to pre plan? 

I don’t know that I’d call it a surprise. The app should have the correct menus for each night by embarkation day. Like any other dining room, check with the Maitre d beforehand about any dietary concerns. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FlyGal25 said:

That is the one we did last summer on Equinox. All of us really enjoyed it. Out of curiosity, why is that your favorite? Food selections? Storyline? Both? 

I get that it may not be for some, but for us we all said we would do it again. 

Food selection And the show.

I know LPC is a love it or hate it subject for many people.

The nights with Lobster And Filet made it a win-win.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kelleyd said:

Prior to January 1, my app showed 3 or 4 different menus over the course of my 7 day cruise on Solstice on 2/18.  However since January, only 1 menu shows for all 7 days.  Does anyone have experience with this, since the changes started happening, and confirm that once I get on ship I will see more than the 1 menu?

at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. Nothing you can do about it.

I did this on Apex last August on a Norway cruise.  I did 2 cruises last summer--and I think it was the tastiest meal, and the walnut cake desert was the best desert I had on either ship.  I had the wine with each course for $20, too, and those were also excellent--better than the wines I had in the MDR.  I'm tempted to do it on Beyond on my cruise this coming summer.  It was a truly great meal.

The show was a bit dull, but what a meal!

Edited by Random Cruizer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kelleyd said:

Except I would like to pre-book and don't want to pick day 6, with the menu I see,  and have it change once on board. 

The app will not be correct until your board (if even then). Upon boarding, go the the restaurant and change the reservation if necessary. Nobody here can help you. That's simply the way it is.

We enjoy lePetite chef and for every Celebrity cruise we take we go once.  A unique experience and the food is good.  My DH doesn't eat seafood or cheese and they brought him substitutes.  If you have children, or the young at heart, nice to try.   However Qsine the former Le Petite Chef was excellent.  Too bad they do not offer both restaurants.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, RichYak said:

I don’t know that I’d call it a surprise. The app should have the correct menus for each night by embarkation day. Like any other dining room, check with the Maitre d beforehand about any dietary concerns. 

7 hours ago, kelleyd said:

Except I would like to pre-book and don't want to pick day 6, with the menu I see,  and have it change once on board. 

Thank you @RichYak for explaining..

But for these reasons I think I'll pass. I'd hate to book for a meal expecting a menu choice, at this cost point and then get something completely different. Changing on board isn't worth the time or hassle to me, I'd be limited with other nights because of other reservations and plans.

Patty 

21 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Question:  are there tables for 2 in this venue?

Yes, there are tables for two.  My hubby and I dined here for the first time last May on the Apex.  We thought it was quite fun!  However it did take a long time to be served, and there was a lot of "down time" just waiting for the next course.  We thought we might be late for the show in the theatre, but we made it with 5 minutes to spare.....     I personally do not need to eat at LPC each cruise, but I would do it again someday.  The food was good, but nothing over the top.

22 hours ago, cw2go said:

Thank you! So basically the meal and show are a surprise until the day of and any special dietary needs are accommodated then and there? No need to pre plan? 

Example ~ I'll have the main menu but replace second course with the alternate in same category. 

It's sound likes quirky fun and I thought in Alaska it may be a great time with friends. Didn't mean to make this so complicated! 🤪

Patty 

What I do is go directly to the LPC dining room on the first Evening and Ask what version of the 3 Shows are On what nights.

I there can then book the  Night with the version I like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much for this post! 💙 We have reservations for Le Petit Chef on the Millennium next month and are really looking forward to it.

Interestingly enough, the Le Petit Chef "franchise" has a pop-up location in Toronto that is available for bookings through to at the end of April. The price is $129.99 per person Canadian plus gratuity so about $260 per couple. After tipping 20% that equates to about $312.00 CAD per couple BEFORE drinks! (And Ubers to and from the venue. LOL!) We had some OBC and reserved a table for two on our upcoming cruise so this experience will, in a way, cost us nothing! If we did this at home it would easily be close to  $500 for the night!

Breaking it down: 

TORONTO EXPERINCE (Per Couple):

Food: $260

Drinks: $50+ (Drink pricing not online. This is a low estimate. We would consume more, admittedly. Haha!)

20% Gratuity: $60+

Ubers: $50+

TOTAL TORONTO LPC EXPERIENCE: $420+ CAD (Minimum depending on drinks ordered.)

CELEBRITY MILLENNIUM EXPERIENCE (Per Couple - With a Drink Package and No On Board Credit):

Food: $177 

Drinks: Included

Gratuity: Included in above pricing

Ubers: $0

TOTAL CELEBRITY LPC EXPERIENCE: $177 CAD

TOTAL CELEBRITY LPC EXPERIENCE (Per Couple - With a Drink Package and $200 OBC)

FREE! (Or at least, included with one's cruise fare. 😉)

So if the concept floats your boat and you have on board credit, Le Petit Chef on Celebrity is an excellent value to try at least once, in my humble opinion. I'll be sure to share our review when we return in April! 🍽️

Edited by BeachTunes