Celebrity Solstice outlets?

CruiseeCrazee

I'm looking at a cruise on Celebrity Solstice this fall. I'm American and all my devices that need to be plugged in are, of course, American plugs/voltages. Can someone who's been on Solstice let me know what type of outlets are in the rooms on that ship? Veranda room, if it makes a difference. Are the outlets American? Australian? Something different? I want to make sure I have the right converter.

We have been on Solstice a couple of times.  I just want to add that there is a light duty electrical plug in the bathroom for shavers, etc.  It will accept American style 2 prong (non-polarized) plugs and two prong European plugs.  It is inconveniently placed to discourage use for other things.  We do use it to re-charge our toothbrushes if/when required.   

CA3C6D71-920F-4DAC-9AE8-366458D169C6.thumb.jpeg.0e647b2940db8176c863a5bf78831f89.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

You can take a European to US adapter to give you another outlet in the cabin at least.  Or just a typical 3-outlet plug in adapter for the US outlet to increase your options.  Also not that many devices these days are pre-set to be either 110 or 220V automatically - so check for this in what you plan to bring and plug in.

leviton-outlet-adapters-converters-r54-00692-00w-64_100.webp

There are both 110v (regular grounded U.S.) outlet as well as 220V.   Most electronic equipment today work on both 110/220 v but important to look at the device marking  to make sure.

I use plug like above but also have some one  220V on the counter and usually 2-3 on baseboard for vacuum and lamps.     I bring multi plug for the 220 also

image.thumb.png.b2382d0001d8c6163fa347ed94995d79.png

526699300_ReflectionAquacabinoutlets.thumb.jpg.5442846cb7549a4b7bbff139b7a136e6.jpg

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

There are both 110v (regular grounded U.S.) outlet as well as 220V.   Most electronic equipment today work on both 110/220 v but important to look at the device marking  to make sure.

I use plug like above but also have some one  220V on the counter and usually 2-3 on baseboard for vacuum and lamps.     I bring multi plug for the 220 also

image.thumb.png.b2382d0001d8c6163fa347ed94995d79.png

526699300_ReflectionAquacabinoutlets.thumb.jpg.5442846cb7549a4b7bbff139b7a136e6.jpg

Ok.  you are showing 2 us and a european here?  going to have 3 under 25 in one room, need to make sure everyone has space.

3 minutes ago, kelleyd said:

Ok.  you are showing 2 us and a european here?  going to have 3 under 25 in one room, need to make sure everyone has space.

You can combine with things like this -  Power stips are banned but these type splitters are ok.    Give the Kids (young Adults) the task and  i'm sure they will figure out what they need.   The threat of no power  ----   LOL  

image.thumb.png.e2c918cff93b5039a2e41bc7ece0d3a0.png

and these

image.thumb.png.789937d7e1de4ceba38fee79f347ca92.png

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You can combine with things like this -  Power stips are banned but these type splitters are ok.    Give the Kids (young Adults) the task and  i'm sure they will figure out what they need.   The threat of no power  ----   LOL  

and these

Thank you.  And thats just the us plug, right?  Should i get somethign european to expand the options?

22 minutes ago, kelleyd said:

Thank you.  And thats just the us plug, right?  Should i get somethign european to expand the options?

That is exactly what we did when I had my family of 4 in one cabin.

17 minutes ago, kelleyd said:

How many things do you NEED plugged in at the same time?  The bathroom outlet works fine for my toothbrush, shaver and Waterpark.  A couple hours and they are good for a week.  A couple phones and a laptop and or tablet  - again do you plug these in 24/7?  Our phones last on average 1 1/2 days at home.  My grandkids - 18,19, 22 did just fine with 2 outlets. 

1 minute ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

How many things do you NEED plugged in at the same time?  The bathroom outlet works fine for my toothbrush, shaver and Waterpark.  A couple hours and they are good for a week.  A couple phones and a laptop and or tablet  - again do you plug these in 24/7?  Our phones last on average 1 1/2 days at home.  My grandkids - 18,19, 22 did just fine with 2 outlets. 

Not sure yet as this is the first time we will have 27,25 and 16 in a room.  And even though the girls are in their 20's, I am sure there will be discussions when someone unplugs a phone for a hairdryer or whatever it may be.  Phones, fitbits, smart watches, portable chargers, at least 1 laptop, 3 tablets?  I dont know and would like to be prepared.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

and these

FYI on the multi charge cable, I bought one and at the end of the lightning/usb connection, each has a super bright green LED light.  Some may enjoy the night light effect, I prefer pitch black.  Yes you can throw a towel over them or something but just pointing out if you’re on team pitch black to try and find one without leds

11 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

FYI on the multi charge cable, I bought one and at the end of the lightning/usb connection, each has a super bright green LED light.  Some may enjoy the night light effect, I prefer pitch black.  Yes you can throw a towel over them or something but just pointing out if you’re on team pitch black to try and find one without leds

My wife has this issue and takes along Lightdims sticker kits available and cheap on Amazon.

light dims.jpg

• Thanks 1

Mophie's all wireless, correct?  Problem IMO is its too slow and wireless charging my phone doesn't give me any benefit over plugging it in.  When in port, perhaps one will get back on the ship at 5pm and have to be at dinner 6pm, in that timeframe I'd like to get as much juice into my phone as possible.  There are power banks but you still have to carry them around so having a fast charging option negates the need for a power bank

3 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Mophie's all wireless, correct?  Problem IMO is its too slow and wireless charging my phone doesn't give me any benefit over plugging it in.  When in port, perhaps one will get back on the ship at 5pm and have to be at dinner 6pm, in that timeframe I'd like to get as much juice into my phone as possible.  There are power banks but you still have to carry them around so having a fast charging option negates the need for a power bank

Sorry had to reload the pic before you posted. No not wireless, plugs into wall with regulated outlets. Sold by Apple too.

Edited by skandsea99

25 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

That'll work, there are cheaper alternatives as well

I'm also nuts about golf BTW! 

Thanks.  I'll take the Mophie one and probably a couple of regular Apple blocks  just in case. One connectoer mzkes it so much more convenient though. Hopefully in a year or two everything will be a c connector out thanks to the Euro law change.

I know these are on the expensive end. I don't go cheap though on electronics and now go with those sold by Apple.  It's probably folks that packed non surge-protected power strips and cause shorts and firs that made it difficult for the rest of us.

Edited by skandsea99

• 2 weeks later...