Booking shows online pre-cruise?

jcncamsdad

7 minutes ago, sailorusvi said:

I am also, but unable to book.   Maybe they sold out their online allotment?

I think it has not rolled out to all ships yet on the app and website. The majority of people on the FB post reported that they were within time windows and unable to reserve.

• Like 3

Looks like it may be true. There is a subtle difference on my reservations page for entertainment. I'm 38 days out, so unable to see if 26 days will work (we're in the Haven). 

image.png.0aa4b8d5cc8a6f61e724f27d7695d736.png

Note, The Cavern Club does not offer reservations, but the others show not available. I do not recall seeing "Not available to book" before. I'll update everyone when I see if I can book in a couple of weeks.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Beer Belly said:

I was to by customer service that shows need to be booked on board ?

thats the way its been since covid when cruses restarted

back in the day before covid you had to book shows online in advance. at that time, show reservations became avabile around the same time you made dinning reservations like 90 days in advance 

1 hour ago, Stelkp said:

Are you on the encore out of Miami by any chance?

No, Joy out of California. Just a short 5-day getaway.  Been trying to get on the Joy for awhile...been on the Encore twice and Bliss 3 times so this will complete the trifecta. 

On 2/8/2023 at 3:57 PM, uneamie said:

I can see it all now.........cabins above the Club balcony will be booking all the reservations leaving very little for the rest of us. :classic_sad:

I was thinking the same, but what I read was that reservations are based on latitude levels. I hope there is a fair way of making reservations such that everyone can get reservations for the shows they want to see instead of having to rely on standby.

• Like 1

How and why did this happen? What happened to the good ole days of cruising where you would just wander down (or up) after dinner to watch the show. All of this planning for every simple part of your cruise - months before your actual cruise - has removed all of the spontaneity. I can’t say for fact what I am doing tomorrow - because life is like that - let alone what I may / may not be doing six months from now while on vacation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RD64 said:

How and why did this happen? What happened to the good ole days of cruising where you would just wander down (or up) after dinner to watch the show. All of this planning for every simple part of your cruise - months before your actual cruise - has removed all of the spontaneity. I can’t say for fact what I am doing tomorrow - because life is like that - let alone what I may / may not be doing six months from now while on vacation.

Boy do I agree with you. I think all of this started with not only the ships getting bigger there for available seats at restaurants and shows are more limited ....and them wanting to sell their upper level cabins and using the reservation system as one of their perks. Business is business but it sure takes a lot away from how things use to be. I don't like all this planning ahead. Our vacations do not consiste of all cruising like some, so our lattitues level will not increase much, nor will we being booking "upper level" cabins or the haven. Our vacation budget is spread out doing many other things besides cruising. 

Edited by uneamie
  • Like 2