Book last minute cruise

Hi there, I am hoping to catch a weekend cruise on Liberty of the Seas leaving the 17th of this month. I am on the waitlist for an interior room and also a balcony room, whichever becomes available first. RCL even took a $100 deposit for the waitlist I am on for an interior room, the agent claimed since I have this deposit down my waitlist position will take priority over the others without a deposit down. Does this sound true? Not sure how high the odds are I can snag a room, seems like every evening RCL lists sold out listing for sale when a room becomes available. Is one able to just walk into the terminal towards the end of embarkation day and book a room that someone no showed on? Any help is always appreciated, thank you!

Edited by schultz572
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

No - what does your invoice say?

It shows the typical receipt except under stateroom it says "WLT", I did see a $100 charge go through on my card as soon as I gave her the card number so I know it was charged out.

8 minutes ago, schultz572 said:

It shows the typical receipt except under stateroom it says "WLT", I did see a $100 charge go through on my card as soon as I gave her the card number so I know it was charged out.

Do you have a price for either cabin type? This sounds very unusual - maybe @Ourusualbeach can provide some feedback.

25 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Do you have a price for either cabin type? This sounds very unusual - maybe @Ourusualbeach can provide some feedback.

I was told by both agents when I set up this waitlist agreement. I will be emailed by RCL with 24 hours to pay the full price of the sailing to lock down my room. If I don’t make a move within 24 hours the opportunity moves onto the next waitlisted guest. Not sure, sounded appropriate on the phone but I’m not certain. 

2 hours ago, schultz572 said:

Hi there, I am hoping to catch a weekend cruise on Liberty of the Seas leaving the 17th of this month. I am on the waitlist for an interior room and also a balcony room, whichever becomes available first. RCL even took a $100 deposit for the waitlist I am on for an interior room, the agent claimed since I have this deposit down my waitlist position will take priority over the others without a deposit down. Does this sound true? Not sure how high the odds are I can snag a room, seems like every evening RCL lists sold out listing for sale when a room becomes available. Is one able to just walk into the terminal towards the end of embarkation day and book a room that someone no showed on? Any help is always appreciated, thank you!

Yes, that is standard if you want to be waitlisted for a cabin where you are not already booked on the ship in a different cabin. 

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, that is standard if you want to be waitlisted for a cabin where you are not already booked on the ship in a different cabin. 

Okay perfect thank you, they claimed me to be first on the list for both room types. Think I have decent odds of getting a room?

1 hour ago, schultz572 said:

Okay perfect thank you, they claimed me to be first on the list for both room types. Think I have decent odds of getting a room?

If you get a cabin and the price is to high can you get the deposit back?

I was able to score an interior room for the same sailing date on Freedom, the room availability actually opened while I was on the phone with an agent. I'll be curious to see if anything comes through for the waitlisted rooms on Liberty I originally inquired about. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, schultz572 said:

I was able to score an interior room for the same sailing date on Freedom, the room availability actually opened while I was on the phone with an agent. I'll be curious to see if anything comes through for the waitlisted rooms on Liberty I originally inquired about. 

That's good you would get a refund and glad you scored a cabin. Have fun.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I guess it depends on if they get a cancellation in time to sell it to you vs going to a Royal Up.  

As the OP is willing to take an inside cabin, I would think an unexpected cancellation might eventually benefit if it first passed through RoyalUp.  Let’s say a person in a JS cancelled and vacated JS went to RoyalUp; a couple or set of RoyalUp upgrades would occur eventually somebody would vacate their inside cabin due to an upgrade. Royal Caribbean now has an inside cabin to sell.

• Like 2

On 2/9/2023 at 9:58 AM, Starry Eyes said:

As the OP is willing to take an inside cabin, I would think an unexpected cancellation might eventually benefit if it first passed through RoyalUp.  Let’s say a person in a JS cancelled and vacated JS went to RoyalUp; a couple or set of RoyalUp upgrades would occur eventually somebody would vacate their inside cabin due to an upgrade. Royal Caribbean now has an inside cabin to sell.

Odd thing is I have been checking the sailing I originally wait listed on liberty for. Numerous times since I’ve been out on the waitlist balcony rooms and interior rooms have been available but I have not been emailed once to be offered these rooms. Not sure how the waitlisting works as it hasn’t done anything yet. I’m glad I kept calling in. 

30 minutes ago, schultz572 said:

Odd thing is I have been checking the sailing I originally wait listed on liberty for. Numerous times since I’ve been out on the waitlist balcony rooms and interior rooms have been available but I have not been emailed once to be offered these rooms. Not sure how the waitlisting works as it hasn’t done anything yet. I’m glad I kept calling in. 

That's cause if someone cancels or maybe even upgrades and changes to a higher category that cabin they had will become available and show up in inventory. They are probably being grabbed by people like you watching to book a last minute cabin or a TA grabbing it for a client way before a Royal rep goes through their waitlist. I wouldn't ever wait list a cabin if I were looking to book last minute...I would just keep checking myself and if I see something pop up grab it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, schultz572 said:

In the past the waitlist thing has been hit or miss.  I had waitlisted for a specific cabin and it became available and was given to someone else.  The reason I knew about it was that the person that had gotten it told people on the roll call  This was many years ago

Edited by molly361

I do know that if they have available cabins a couple days before, they put them up online.  That's how we ended up getting a balcony and a virtual THE DAY BEFORE EMBARKATION DAY on Navigator once (2014).  It was really cheap too, that's what spurred me to book it, we dropped everything, got our Nlaws to come and we drove down the next day, didn't know what cabin we had until we pulled up in front of terminal.  I was happy to have gotten one of the first virtual cabins ever.  The programmers were still on board Beta testing them and we got to meet them.  I expect the wait list will get some results, but you never know.  Good luck!

Navigator 002.JPG

Edited by BecciBoo

One more question, I am suspected a potential room upgrade through the royalup program. It has not been accepted yet but I did get a reply stating as a room becomes available it will be assigned up to 2 hours before embarkation. With that said, should I still put my luggage tag on my suitcase when I drop it with the porters? Will they redirect my bag to my upgraded room if I receive it? 

40 minutes ago, schultz572 said:

One more question, I am suspected a potential room upgrade through the royalup program. It has not been accepted yet but I did get a reply stating as a room becomes available it will be assigned up to 2 hours before embarkation. With that said, should I still put my luggage tag on my suitcase when I drop it with the porters? Will they redirect my bag to my upgraded room if I receive it? 

Everyone with RoyalUp bids gets that email.  So lists of those emails and just a few late wins.  We put the tags on our bags and they are delivered to the assigned stateroom.  In the unlikely event of a late upgrade, you could look there for your bags.

I think The available cabins will not be listed until closer to the cruise, in our experience.  .  Come to think of it, I think Starry is right, that must be why the instituted the Royal  Up program..every cabin that is canceled at last minute may be given to them to fill.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, schultz572 said:

They will not redirect your bags as they will not know if your royal up is accepted.  Put the tag on and if by chance you get the Royal Up, simply go to the  hallway of the original cabin and look for the luggage. 

M