Couples Massage Prices on Cruise Planner ?

Jimbo

Looking at prices, shows a price BUT  that price they show is only good on the 1st day of the cruise when you embark. All the prices on later days are much higher.

Is that always the way the prices are shown on the Cruise Planner for the Spa...........Sounds like a crappy way to advertise their prices.

What Couples Massage do you think is best to do?

Edited by Jimbo

So does everyone agree, Swedish couples massage  is best to try? Maybe just go for 50 minutes instead of 70 minutes. If we are enjoying it a lot, can our time be extended as long as no one is booked after us? Or is that not ever possible?

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

So does everyone agree, Swedish couples massage  is best to try? Maybe just go for 50 minutes instead of 70 minutes. If we are enjoying it a lot, can our time be extended as long as no one is booked after us? Or is that not ever possible?

I have never booked and then requested an extension during it.  I am thinking they have a set amount of time they spend on each part of the body.

The swedish couple massage is the one most are familiar with.  I love the hot stones massage though.  That's the one my wife and I usually get.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, slyster said:

I have never booked and then requested an extension during it.  I am thinking they have a set amount of time they spend on each part of the body.

The swedish couple massage is the one most are familiar with.  I love the hot stones massage though.  That's the one my wife and I usually get.

I have read though if you get somebody that doesn't know what they are doing the hot stones massage isn't that good.

21 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Big Gap In Prices

Embarkment day $279      70 minutes

Sea Day $399                      70 Minutes

Port Day $319                      70 Minutes

Yikes!

Do they include 2 bottles of Champagne with that? 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Big Gap In Prices

Embarkment day $279      70 minutes

Sea Day $399                      70 Minutes

Port Day $319                      70 Minutes

Supply and demand😉

FWIW, couples massage is over rated

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Thought it might be nice as a Valentine's Gift. Is it really that bad?

It's not bad, they typically only have one room with two tables, so it's harder to book. Just don't see the point of being in same space. I just prefer my own space, vs having other conversations going on. Just more relaxing.

Plus during week you will see specials that may not be available as a couples treatment. This week we had half price massages for the 50 minute all day on our Costa Maya stop

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

Are you Diamond or higher?   Cruise planner will not apply those discounts.   Embarkment day is usually the cheapest day for the spa.  Great day to book if doing a b2b.   Yes, port days are always cheaper as well as some evening slots. 

Plus some cruises will have specials towards mid or end of the cruise.

I have also negotiated with them once onboard.

I rarely book spa treatments on cruise planner.

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Are you Diamond or higher?   Cruise planner will not apply those discounts.   Embarkment day is usually the cheapest day for the spa.  Great day to book if doing a b2b.   Yes, port days are always cheaper as well as some evening slots. 

Plus some cruises will have specials towards mid or end of the cruise.

I have also negotiated with them once onboard.

I rarely book spa treatments on cruise planner.

Diamond Plus............Guess then just book it now and cancel before the cruise. This way at least my Wife will know I booked a spa treatment for us as a  Valentines  Day Present.

You think once onboard they will still have Couples Openings?

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Thsts one way of doing it to give to the Wifey on VD.   Yes, I'm sure they will find a time for both of you!   

Only other time we used a spa on a cruise was when they offered that Couples Rasul Treatment they used to offer. That was a lot of fun.

• Like 2

I treat Eric to the man's treatment with straight edge shave, mini facial and upper body massage on most cruises.   He always enjoys.  He usually gets me a hot rocks massage with facial.   

Now I'm really jealous.  Greenland is definitely on my bucket list.   I wanted to do the Jewel ots cruise to Greenland this fall but didn't grab it while prices were great.

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I treat Eric to the man's treatment with straight edge shave, mini facial and upper body massage on most cruises.   He always enjoys.  He usually gets me a hot rocks massage with facial.   

Now I'm really jealous.  Greenland is definitely on my bucket list.   I wanted to do the Jewel ots cruise to Greenland this fall but didn't grab it while prices were great.

Yes, we probably overpaid some for this one but we really want to do it this year while it's available. Put it off and it may not be available from the a US Port again.

• Like 1