Cozumel - Mr. Sanchos or Nachi Cocom

CruisinBlondie28

I've only been to Nachi Cocum. It is more adult oriented with no water toys, blow up bounce items, etc. It is limited to 130 total people. Everyone gets a chair and umbrella area of their own. There is a huge pool and a huge hot tub. There is a covered area to eat or they will serve you at your lounger. All food and drinks are included. There is no loud music or partying. It's very laid back. They do offer massages for an additional fee and come by one time letting you know what extras they offer such as glass bottom boat, banana boat ride, parasailing, etc. Then they leave you alone. We've been 4 times and always enjoy it. The food is very good.

• Like 5

I am also on board with Nachi Cocum. Visited there in January 2019 as a solo cruiser. Below is the part of my review that involved Nachi Cocum.

"Day 2 was our day in Cozumel. I was up and off early. I spent most of the day at Nachi Cocom Beach Club. I booked this outside of Carnival. They handed me a glass of Prosecco and showed me to a lounger under a palapa. I laid there for about 45 minutes. I then headed to the pool/spa area. It was fun. In addition to the Prosecco and a few Miami Vice, I got a chicken quesadilla that was very good. Wait staff was not around much. Had to go to the bar to get most of my beverages."

• Like 1

I went to Nachi Cocom years ago, and had a great time. The food, drinks, and scenery were great. It was very quiet though - my wife and I were some of the only guests there (<10).

We recently (Jan 2023) went to Mr Sanchos. We made a reservation beforehand. When we arrived, it was pretty crowded, and were informed (after we paid and entered, of course) that the loungers were first come, first serve, and all occupied for the day. So we only had the option of sitting on plastic outdoor furniture for the day with a lot of people between us and the ocean or sitting in the pool without a good place to put our things. We had a couple drinks and then left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CruisinBlondie28 said:

Looking for preferences or pros/cons of Mr. Sanchos vs. Nachi Cocom in Cozumel. It will be just my husband and I, we are 36 years old. 

Paradise Beach!  It is the best.  Gorgeous pool, great beach and service.  Only place we go to when we are in Cozumel.  Grounds are gorgeous, clean bathrooms.  All Inclusive is $64 pp and you can get as much to drink/eat as you want.  They also run sales from time to time.  We love it there, been going there for years.

• Like 1

We've been to both and stuck with Nachi Cocom. Take a look at these photos from my Google albums and you can see the difference. The last couple are from Mr. Sanchos. It really is your call, lots to do at one, more laid back and quiet at the other.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mp5SL6bus7mESDUW9

Edited by BallFour4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Heard great things about Mr. Sanchos, but every time I ask the family what they want to do in Cozumel, the answer is always go back to Nachi Cocom.  So many great memories from there and we are back there again next month. Much more laid back than Mr. Sanchos, less kids, quieter, one row of chairs and palapas opposed to 3 or 4 rows deep on the beach.  Food and drinks at Nachi are always good, so it is hard to try anywhere different.

• Like 2

While on Cozumel you will feel much more sophisticated if you take a tour. 

The tour I suggest is the Bar Hop Tour. You are guaranteed to start out feeling sophisticated and ended up blind drunk likely having exposed parts of your body better left unseen. 

Enjoy!!!

Two very different beach clubs.  When we cruise with my daughters, they prefer Sanchos (lively atmosphere, water toys, etc.); when it is just the wife and I we prefer Nachi (less crowded, relaxing, etc.).  Depends upon what you are looking for in a beach club - it's your call.

• Like 2

My favorite is Paradise Beach due, in large part, to the pool.  Sanchos is fun.  We enjoyed the atmosphere at Nachi, but on our trip last fall, the availability of servers paled in comparison to the other two.  We had to get up and go to the bar/dining area for drinks/food because they rarely came by.

I just looked up paradise beach, and man that does look nice. Very nice.   Nachi Cocum has never let us down though. It has some nostalgia for us too.  We really enjoy the hot tub at Nachi as well.

It kind of seems like you can’t go wrong with any of those three options. It just depends on your style.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2023 at 2:59 PM, Cuckoo7 said:

My favorite is Paradise Beach due, in large part, to the pool.  Sanchos is fun.  We enjoyed the atmosphere at Nachi, but on our trip last fall, the availability of servers paled in comparison to the other two.  We had to get up and go to the bar/dining area for drinks/food because they rarely came by.

I JUST heard about Paradise Beach... and it sounds like a try vs returning to my favorite so far (Sanchos) but it seems like there wasn't as much with regard to food choices.  Do you have any insight/comparison to offer?

Thanks!

JM

1 hour ago, jchiefs13 said:

I JUST heard about Paradise Beach... and it sounds like a try vs returning to my favorite so far (Sanchos) but it seems like there wasn't as much with regard to food choices.  Do you have any insight/comparison to offer?

Thanks!

JM

Taco truck at PB was great when we were there in 2019

3 hours ago, jchiefs13 said:

Thanks!

JM

Well, we did PAYG at both, and my understanding is that they've both pivoted more toward AI now.  So I'm not sure if it's an apples to apples comparison.  That said, we enjoyed the food at both.  We weren't super adventurous - just basics like nachos, coconut shrimp - but had no complaints. I don't recall feeling like one had a significantly larger set of offerings than the other.

As @JohninDC mentioned, we enjoyed that taco truck at Paradise.  I remember a truck at Sanchos too on the PAYG side but it's been a few years, so I don't remember exactly what we got from it.

Edited by Cuckoo7

5 hours ago, jchiefs13 said:

Thanks!

JM

Not sure what you are expecting or wanting?

https://paradisebeachcozumel.com/restaurant/

I understand Mr Sanchos has different menus for PAYG and AI food and drink menus?

Edited by c-leg5

On 2/10/2023 at 4:22 PM, BallFour4 said:

We've been to both and stuck with Nachi Cocom. Take a look at these photos from my Google albums and you can see the difference. The last couple are from Mr. Sanchos. It really is your call, lots to do at one, more laid back and quiet at the other.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mp5SL6bus7mESDUW9

Which location has the small Hobie cats?  Were they for rent or included?

We have done Paradise Beach for many many years, usually 2 or 3 times a year. We have not been post pandemic but the last two times we went we were really disappointed in it vs the level of service and experience we'd always historically had. Has the service level improved over the last couple years? We're going to in a couple weeks and was scrambling to find something a new place. 

15 minutes ago, Waterloomarc said:

We have done Paradise Beach for many many years, usually 2 or 3 times a year. We have not been post pandemic but the last two times we went we were really disappointed in it vs the level of service and experience we'd always historically had. Has the service level improved over the last couple years? We're going to in a couple weeks and was scrambling to find something a new place. 

Sounds like a good opportunity to try Nachi Cocum.  We've never done PB, but have always enjoyed NC.

Been to Nachi 6 times from 2007-2022 and will be booking it again for this December.

If you want a super relaxed atmosphere, with a nice sit down 4 course meal (either in the restaurant or delivered to your palapa) and unlimited alcoholic (or non) beverages all day (again delivered to your palapa or via swim up bar in the pool) well kept grounds, a super nice pool (hot tub next to it) and nice loungers stretching all the way down the beach (under palapas)  and beds and loungers poolside.

With the 130 person limit per day, you never have to worry about overcrowding like at some of the other similar beach clubs. (as the ships get bigger and bigger, the amount of passengers in Cozumel per day has skyrocketed, even if the number of ships per day has not)

I have never been disappointed in my meal there ever. (only once ever made it to dessert)

And have never found the service lacking.

The four main beach clubs talked about in the boards are all along the same stretch of beach on the west side of the island, so not much to differentiate them geographically

They mostly differ in the clientele they cater to.

Nachi is for people who want a quiter, more relaxed beach day.

Mr. Sanchos is for a more lively atmosphere. (livelier music and water toys, etc)

Playa Mia with water slides and nicer kiddie pools more geared towards familys.

Paradise Beach which seems to cater to a mix of all of the above.

All of them have had decades of good reviews, so you probably can't go wrong, but just try to pick the one which most closely meets your groups needs.

• Like 1