Interesting Video Review That Supports Recent Comments

Fla Mike

The title of the is a little click-bait-ish, but not really.

I'm not sure if everyone is familiar with this vlogger, he has over 170K subscribers and has been employed by a few cruise lines.

I really enjoy watching his videos as he tells you how it is, and isn't afraid to voice his opinion.

Anyway, a recent sailing on Seascape.

He did have an inside cabin that was comped by his sponsor, and It was his second time on this ship.

What he has to say is enlightening, to say the least.

It's about 25 minutes,  but worth the time.

I'd like to hear everyone's comments...

Edited by Fla Mike

3 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

I really don’t need the opinion of some guy who gets a cruise paid for by a sponsor. 
Cruising in Europe with MSC will definitely be different to cruising from USA, like shipgeeks I can’t be bothered with these people.

He cruised from Miami and I found the video very interesting.  I am cruising in May on the Seascape and will be sure to check out if the same problems, underage kids in night clubs, is still happening.  I also found it interesting that everyone in his party said they wouldn't be returning to MSC.  

i like the ship class seaside and seaview very much and cruised with them before, booked seaview and seashore for may at the med. ( but only cruised MSC at yachtclub in the past and in the future )

i don´t care what others think.

family with kids late night until midnight is normal with italy families on board and  underage kids at clubs too. maybe that is more normal for italian and europeans. But didn´t watched the video.

Edited by Steff79
  • Thanks 1

I watched the video and will be on the Seascape in May and am looking forward to it. He seemed to like the things that interest me such as quality of the ship, nice cabin, decent food and entertainment.

I generally don’t go to the night club or late night parties, but did on the Divina a couple of weeks ago with those at our table, and I observed nothing like what he mentioned. There were very few kids of any age on that cruise. Customs and standards are different around the world, so having families at a late night party may be common outside the US. 

The main thing I got out of the video was reinforcing why I don’t have an electric car, lol.  He had to drive an hour in the opposite direction to charge his car because there was a delay getting into the port due to a marathon. 

He said MSC is not the cruise line for him currently. That’s fine. No cruise line is going to appeal to everyone. He didn’t care for his experience and is moving on. That’s what everyone should do if they don’t like something. 

Edited by JT1962
  • Like 5

Small potatoes and whining...especially at beginning with Marathon. MSC wasn't only cruiseline impacted along with parking costs. Racism..give me a break?? Multi cultiural environment most definitely yes...deal with it. When he says he counted 3 black people..he was looking to address the R word.

Under age children?? happens on every cruise line. How did he know the children in club were 16/17?? 

Upselling happens on every cruise line...perhaps MSC is a bit more in yourface...but it happens everywhere.

His rest of comments were his opinions... Everyone is entitles to their opinion on their experience.

If your looking to find problems and disagreement with a cruise and thats your MO when cruising you will find many issues on any line.

As I've said on my past posts... This is why I only cruise MSC in YC .... Too many ethnic and multi cultural differences which along with MSC's organization and communication inconsitencies can be frustrating. YC shelters you from dealing with these issues.

• Like 1

Every cruise line currently in operation has bad reviews on YouTube.

Every cruise has the potential of "undesirable" cruise guests.  

Every cruise has the potential of being a bad cruise. 

Yet, we still cruise. 

If my personal experiences lead me to continue cruising, I will no matter what others have experienced. 

If my personal experiences lead me to stop cruising, I will no matter what others have experienced.

Something like Concordia, Triumph, or Titanic would be serious enough for me to pay attention to what others have experienced but minor inconveniences are not earth-shattering. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately, I no longer watch this particular vlogger. It so happens that every video of his, on ships that I have been on, his opinion is completely opposite of mine at least on most things. I found myself thinking that his opinions don't match those of the typical cruiser. At least not those of my clients and mine.

Bret

• Like 4

I'm not  fan of his anymore.  He really lost me during covid.  He also interviewed the couple that had nothing good to say about Yacht Club on his first sailing with Seascape.  I mean, honestly, he's getting his opinions on Yacht Club from people who went to the buffet because it was "better".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Watched the video and can't get back those 25 minutes, however I think most of what he said was malarky.  Clutch your pearls, but I doubt that his GF was accosted by Brazilian gals telling her to marry him for his $.  On the specialty dining up-sell.  Yup.  EVERY cruiseline ever.  So that's that.  On the kids in Disco. Shame on cruiseline and if there's an age limit they really need to enforce it (though I doubt the whole older "P'" guy preying on the poorly clothes littles.)  All in all, sour grapes for someone who sails for free (in my opinion only).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

My 'takeaway' (being a subscriber to his youtube channel and Jthenomad as well) is how lucrative being a youtuber can be. Only a few months ago he was driving and video taping from much more modest vehicles and DW commented on his now filming from a Tesla.

Boy you’re not kidding it’s lucrative for some! I follow an artist who has done thousands of videos working in different mediums. 

5yrs ago she did her work in the corner of her garage. Last year she built a new studio the size of a 3 car garage with all the bells and whistles and added state of the art recording equipment. 
All paid for by her contributions on YouTube 

Of course I’m thrilled for her she spends hours and hours a day on this and has taught me so much. 

But when speaking to our little grandson he says he wants to be a YouTuber when he grows up🙈😬

Times have changed!

Having said that I cannot watch travel bloggers on YouTube. They speak way too much and I’ve witnessed too many of them expecting special treatment on cruises. 

• Like 1

His videos are click-baitish and I've watched a few.  Never gotten all the way through one though.  This one was truly odd.  And it focused almost entirely on what happened from 10PM on vs. the overall sailing.  

I'm not saying he may not of had some negative interactions with people due to his white girlfriend (he's black for those who didn't watch) because they are an interracial couple.  But sadly those things could happen anywhere and I don't see how it reflects on MSC or the passengers they attract.  If passengers were pre-screened for appropriateness Carnival wouldn't exist. 

He mentioned adults, mostly international, allowing their teenage daughters to dress older than their years and that they were being hit upon.  Exactly what is any cruise line to do about something like that?  "Sir, I'm sorry but your daughter's tight dress and makeup don't meet our standards and she'll have to leave the lounge."  It's a parent's responsibility to raise and safeguard their children.  

He was babbling about security not being prominent enough but I never really understood the point he was making or the harm it caused.  He mostly talked about what "could" have happened.  I've never seen a security issue on any of my MSC cruises but I assume they monitor and respond to them just like the other cruise lines.  

The passenger mix on every sailing is different.  Sounds like he drew a dud and decided to paint MSC as fatally flawed because of it.  None of his videos on any cruise or cruise line have a positive focus; they tend to have ledes like "what I hated about [insert cruise line]" and "is the food on [insert cruise line] the worst?"  It must work for him because he has a 1M+ views.  But that doesn't make him objective and I don't follow him.  

• Like 1

Disgusting video. Well, just what you can expect from a person that money can buy. 

Did he ask the parents of the "underaged minors" if he is allowed to film them? The cruise lines really need to do something against these people on their ships.

I cannot understand why anyone is watching this garbage. And I can even less understand why people post this here to help this guy to get more clicks, obviously the only thing in life he cares for.

• Haha 1

I used to watch a lot of these cruise vloggers, but I don't watch many of their videos anymore.

It seems as if they have become addicted to clicks and YouTube revenue, and are putting out a video every time they have gas (or whatever).

In my view, some of their monetized videos about deaths and injuries on cruise ships cross the line of information and enter the territory of exploitation of death and misery for the ultimate goal of enhancing their personal wealth.  They'll act sad, but it is an act.  And if I'm wrong, then I would suggest that they not monetize any video that deals with death, misery or injuries on cruise ships.  That won't happen, btw.

Since Gary Bembridge (Tips for Travellers) was mentioned, I will say that I find him to be witty, intelligent, and credible, and likely the best of the lot of them.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 3