2 Medallion questions

claudia814

Loyalty status has nothing to do with shipping charge.  Princess will charge you $10 if you did not purchase the Beverage Packages.

A360ad7@carnival.com

is the email address for Ocean Navigator help.  Not sure they will be able to do anything about loyalty color.  I would print out something with your status so you can board and wait in the Platinum waiting area.  You can always change the color of your medallion once onboard at the Customer Service Desk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

you can try calling MedallionClass support: 

United States (toll free): 1-800-774-6237

but if that doesn't give you the help you want, as @cr8tiv1 has said, they can make you one at the port or onboard. 

& yes, as she said they now only waive shipping fees with the Premier Package

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, claudia814 said:

Husband has changed to Platinum, but app still shows Ruby so I won’t order the Medallion yet. Is there a Medallion help line?
And if Im Platinum, is the Medallion $10 shipping charged supposed to be waived? Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. 

First, I would make sure your account on the website is correct.  If it is correct, I would email the address that was given here and make sure you give them…

Full name

booking no

ship and sail date

Ask them to correct your loyalty color.

You can also call regular phone line and pick option to speak to Ocean Medallion’s team. It’s not a quick fix.

This has been an issue with the App for a very long time.  You can go ahead an order the medallion and it will automatically update with the right color IF they fix this error before sailing. Don’t count on it though.  An easy switch at GS.

You’re Platinum, so being in the same cabin, you can both wait in the priority Platinum lounge at the port. Not an issue.

As far as shipping….I’ve ordered ocean medallion for several cruises for this year and it is 0 fee.  I did NOT order any accessories, just the free medallion and lanyard that comes with it. I DO NOT have the beverage package.  Seems the charge is only related to the extra or custom accessories.

However, I’ve ordered all these prior to Feb 20th, IDK if there are charges after that.  

This color glitch happened to me last cruise. Wasn’t a big deal. 

Let us know if you get it changed pre cruise, would help others.

• Thanks 1

I had the same issue with going from one loyalty level to another.   What basically happens is this:   The loyalty level on the app (when ordering the Medallion) stays at the same level you were when you booked your cruise.    It will not change until you call in.    I called the same lady who booked my cruise and she had to refresh the cruise......simple.    If you were to book a new cruise today, that cruise would have the correct loyalty level.

I tried the chat feature first and that was like talking to my 2 year old grandchild, so you can skip this route.    Just call your travel agent, PVP or whatever you call your person and have them refresh your cruise.     

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

I had the same issue with going from one loyalty level to another.   What basically happens is this:   The loyalty level on the app (when ordering the Medallion) stays at the same level you were when you booked your cruise.    It will not change until you call in.    I called the same lady who booked my cruise and she had to refresh the cruise......simple.    If you were to book a new cruise today, that cruise would have the correct loyalty level.

I tried the chat feature first and that was like talking to my 2 year old grandchild, so you can skip this route.    Just call your travel agent, PVP or whatever you call your person and have them refresh your cruise.     

That’s great info.  Didn’t apply in my case. We were Elite when I booked and the glitch affected me, not my DH. Strange…

The IT department (email contact) finally fixed it.  Chat and phone calls didn’t work for me.

3 minutes ago, caribill said:

Yes, for cruises after Feb 20, there will be a shipping charge without the package.

Maybe for ORDERS after Feb 20th.

I know plenty of folks taking cruises after Feb 20th and no charge, including myself.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, caribill said:

Yes, for cruises after Feb 20, there will be a shipping charge without the package.

Maybe?  Yes, for cruises BOOKED after Feb 20?  Who knows how Princess thinks.  Not me.  I was able to get "free" shipping for a cruise booked before Feb 20 but sails after that date.  I just can't get my Medallion app arrival date (but that is for another thread).

17 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

They will mail that in a separate package... 😄

Will I have to pre-pay for an arrival time?  I know. I am just one of those that play by the rules.  They say I have to have an assigned time.  Knowing my luck.....it will be reinforced on my next cruise.  AND I won't have one.

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Will I have to pre-pay for an arrival time?  I know. I am just one of those that play by the rules.  They say I have to have an assigned time.  Knowing my luck.....it will be reinforced on my next cruise.  AND I won't have one.

They offer an easy payment plan for that.

8 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

My last one opened exactly 59 days before. No charge! 😂

11 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I am already past final payment.  They want more  ?????

No. Carbill is being sarcastic.

Arrival times are available to everyone bus the app starting around 59 days prior to sailing, an have nothing to do with Captain's Circle status, cruise packages that may have been purchased (ie Plus or Premier cruise packages) or beverage packages that may have been purchased (Plus or Premier beverage package)

Shipo is $10 for those in the US who have not purchased the cruise packages Plus or Premier - NOT beverage packages. Beverage packages have nothing to do with shipping medallions free or crew appreciation or wifi, etc - it's the bundled cruise packages Plus or Premier that include free shipping of the medallion..

And the shipping charges apply (are supposed to apply) for those who booked after the new packages were introduced and started being charged for back in December, for those who did not purchase either the Plus or Premier cruise packages (not beverage packages).

If you booked prior to the new package introduction, shipping is - supposed to be - free. To US addresses. 

So, booked Dec 13 or before, with the "old" Plus or Premier cruise packages, shipping is supposed to be included, regardless of when your cruise sails..

And even those who booked after with the new packages in place and may have booked Standard (no frills) and sailed prior to Feb 20 have received their medallions mailed free if charge - but after are supposed to be $10 per package (not medallion).. 

Of course, what's supposed to be and what happens in real time are often two very different things when it comes to IT and implementation..   YMMV