Losing weight on MSC Cruises.

Stockjock

I posted the message below on social media today. The funny thing is that I often lose weight on MSC European cruises.  I know that is not how it is supposed to work, but it’s how it often works for me. I think I lost 5 pounds on my last cruise and I lost 5 pounds on the prior cruise as well.  

Has anyone else had this experience?

“I got on the scale today, and it’s official, I have gained 4 pounds since I returned from my European cruise at the beginning of the year.

What’s interesting is that many people gain weight on cruises, but I often lose weight. I think it’s because I am not snacking much, I am walking around a lot, and especially on the European cruises, the quality of food is better and they give you smaller portions.”

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1

Yup I lost 3lbs after 14

days on Divina last month  but our step counts were crazy high @an avg of 15-20k a day. We also opted to take the stairs a lot vs squeezing into the crowded elevators. 
I had dessert every night too! lol

Their desserts aren’t as sweet as the ones we’re used to though. 

• Like 2

Paaaleese. I’d be ever so happy to lose weight on a cruise. Hasn’t happened yet. Maybe because I’m a girl or because I drink more of my calories than I eat. Idk. Just hasnt happened yet and I’m ready to hate on those who claim otherwise 😄

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Haha 4

Certainly never happens to me, I put on around 4 or 5 pounds on a 7 night holiday every time even though we walk a lot in port and I always do 2 miles around the track every day. Mind you I'm only small and am always watching what I eat at home so that I can splurge on holiday. I think it's all the cocktails on the ship that do it!

• Like 1

I am one of those that tends to lose weight on a cruise. I lost 1 lb (yes 1 whole lb) on our last 11 day cruise. I use to gain 5 to 7 lbs but as I age I find I don't gain the weight on a cruise anymore. I am able to eat dessert every night and eat what I want. Love it. I chalk it up to being older and moving more on a cruise than at home.

I have lost weight on every cruise I have been on.  I don't snack all day like I often do at work, and I walk SO much more, because we use stairs constantly.

Sadly, it has never been a permanent solution and I gain it quickly back at home.

Edited by skittl1321

There are now some of you with whom I can no longer be friends!

Yes, we're definitely more active in a cruise, if the ports are intensive but all that yummy bread and pasta and pizza. And that's before the cocktails....

I'm blocking this thread, it's too depressing 🤣😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I tend to break even,  eat more but exercise a lot more walking round the ships and ports.

The MSC ships are big and if you do a bar at the front and one at the back that's a lot of steps I like a good walk about a few times a day if on the ship, long day ashore its park up to rest.

Since our last cruise i have been dropping slowly by just eating a bit less,  I suspect reaching  a natural(for me) low point, next cruise could see that trend reverse.

I was in a "fat group" several years back.  The politically correct term would be "How To Lose Weight" class.   One participant complained that she didn't lose anything.  Not being a person who filters well or is politically correct...I told her the only way is to eat less and move more.