Coffee question

all2me

We are a family of coffee drinkers in the morning. Like our cuppa Joe. Several actually.  But not getting a drink package. Maybe missing this…but any coffee critiques of what is offered from breakfast buffet? Do they have cream….half and half? Also….any help with their specialty coffee prices? Cappacino, cafe latte….? Thank you. 

8 minutes ago, ljk76 said:

A related question…are specialty coffees no longer included in the basic drink package? Are they included in perks for Elite+? Thanks, addicted to Cafe Al Bacio!

They are still included in the classic beverage package. And yes, they are included if you are Elite+.

19 minutes ago, ljk76 said:

... addicted to Cafe Al Bacio!

You probably already know, but as a reminder for others - on the E-class and S-class ships, there is a "branch" of Café al Bacio at the entrance to the OVC. The E+ benefit works there as well as the main al Bacio. I do not recall if this il Secondo Bacio exists on M-class, but others will remind us.

14 minutes ago, all2me said:

Great…thanks. We like Lavassa and can appreciate you pricing my cappuccino! And hope to find Cafe Al Bacio on Reflection.

Yes, Cafe Al Bacio is on all S and M Class ships.  My favorite place to grab a coffee with Bailey's or an Aspen.  Also do not hesitate to try their almond croissants and lemon tarts pastries are free.  I found them both addictive. 

Room Service and OVC use lavazza.    I personally find it very acidic and can only drink it with milk or cream.  I usually drink Black Coffee.  

They have Whole Milk, Cream, 1/2 and Skim Milk in OVC   They may not have all of the choices next to the coffee but near the cereal they hae individual boxes of Whole, Skim and Almond Milk.

At al Bacio

Espresso    $4.00

Cappuccino, Late and Americano $5.00

Americano is 2 shots espresso with hot water added

CelSun-53351-1567780132.thumb.webp.1ded48a26232e9557534857fa4e830e8.webp

We are also a family of morning coffee drinkers. We will be on the Reflection and told that coffee is available in the Hideaway on Deck 7.  Looks like they use Lavazza as well. Anyone ever tried the Hideaway coffee?

On E-class ships the coffee from the Spa Cafe in the solarium is from an automatic machine that makes espresso based-coffee. I don't think the M-class spa cafes have this machine and I'm not sure of the spa cafe coffee machine on S-class ships. 

Edited by kwokpot

6 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

CelSun-53351-1567780132.thumb.webp.1ded48a26232e9557534857fa4e830e8.webp

We are also a family of morning coffee drinkers. We will be on the Reflection and told that coffee is available in the Hideaway on Deck 7.  Looks like they use Lavazza as well. Anyone ever tried the Hideaway coffee?

The coffee everywhere on the ship (including Al Bacio) is Lavazza.

As always the self service coffee like in the Hideaway varies depending on how long it's "stood in the tin". 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kwokpot said:

On E-class ships the coffee from the Spa Cafe in the solarium is from an automatic machine that makes espresso based-coffee. I don't think the M-class spa cafes have this machine and I'm not sure of the spa cafe coffee machine on S-class ships. 

S class has the same machines in the Spa, Hideaway and Buffet i e. the one shown on post 15.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, prmssk said:

They are still included in the classic beverage package. And yes, they are included if you are Elite+.

Also included in the Zero non alcoholic package.

Elite can also get free lattes etc at the Elite breakfast ( Tuscan Grill 08.00 to 10.00 every day except disembarkation day). 

14 hours ago, all2me said:

We are a family of coffee drinkers in the morning. Like our cuppa Joe. Several actually.  But not getting a drink package. Maybe missing this…but any coffee critiques of what is offered from breakfast buffet? Do they have cream….half and half? Also….any help with their specialty coffee prices? Cappacino, cafe latte….? Thank you. 

If you like espresso type drinks it might be worth you looking at the Zero non alcoholic package. This includes all non alcoholic speciality teas, coffees and chocolate .Plus water, juices etc.

4 minutes ago, 39august said:

Recently on EQ I noticed that the name "Il Segundo Bacio" has been removed from the coffee bar in the OVC. Coffee in the OVC is available 24/7, tho' the actual bar does have hours, but I believe it opens very early. 

We recently sailed on Equinox.  I didn't really think about it at the time, but I do believe the same was gone when we were there.  I rather like name "Second Kiss."

In any event, it opens something like 6:30 every morning and maybe even a little earlier on debarkation day.