Murano question

DisneyJen

5 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

It is entirely accurate, biologically speaking.  Cold water lobster with claws is in the lobster family.  The Spiny or Caribbean lobster served by Celebrity has no claws and is in the crawfish family.

Yes, indeed.  I usually describe them as "big crawfish."  I'm pretty sure no one around the Caribbean calls them "lobster" unless they are trying to sell them to some tourist.

18 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Yes, indeed.  I usually describe them as "big crawfish."  I'm pretty sure no one around the Caribbean calls them "lobster" unless they are trying to sell them to some tourist.

But Celebrity calls them lobster.  Just like they used to say Wagyu beef burgers or sliders were genuine Kobe Beef.  Given the number of threads here on Lobster and extra charges, I often wonder how many people know that they are getting all worked up over crawfish?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

But Celebrity calls them lobster.

And Celebrity is one of the ones selling them to tourists.

4 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I often wonder how many people know that they are getting all worked up over crawfish?

I constantly wonder the same.  For the life of me, I don't understand it, but I cannot claim to understand many things folks get all worked up about.

That said, folks lose their dadgum minds around here for crawfish.  I grew up eating them, and I like them, and I love having or going to a crawfish boil.  However, that's a whole lot different from going to some place and spending beaucoups bucks on them (especially in January and February when they are only about bait size).

3 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

And Celebrity is one of the ones selling them to tourists.

I constantly wonder the same.  For the life of me, I don't understand it, but I cannot claim to understand many things folks get all worked up about.

That said, folks lose their dadgum minds around here for crawfish.  I grew up eating them, and I like them, and I love having or going to a crawfish boil.  However, that's a whole lot different from going to some place and spending beaucoups bucks on them (especially in January and February when they are only about bait size).

Yes I understand and I enjoy a big ol bowl of crawfish when I am in the South.  Smaller and tastier than the lobster-crawfish that Celebrity serves by far!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

It's been a while since weve eaten in Murano's...is it worth $60 + gratuities per person now ($71 x 2 $142).   

Yes, my favorite Celebrity dining experience.  Miss it on the E class.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shirazcruiser said:

It's been a while since weve eaten in Murano's...is it worth $60 + gratuities per person now ($71 x 2 $142).   

IMO, no - it used to be our favorite restaurant on board as well, but it was terribly disappointing on our Eclipse cruise last week. See my review here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2942993-celebrity-eclipse-dining-review-may-28-2023-sailing/

8 hours ago, Alsmez said:

IMO, no - it used to be our favorite restaurant on board as well, but it was terribly disappointing on our Eclipse cruise last week. See my review here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2942993-celebrity-eclipse-dining-review-may-28-2023-sailing/

Thank you for responding.  That sounded like quite the disappointing meal. We haven't dined in Murano since Celebrity discontinued the one free speciality dining offer when sailing in a suite.    Luminae usually serves a nice Filet Mignon, but since we'll actually be on the ship for our 31st wedding anniversary, I thought about booking it for my DH, but now I'm having second thoughts.  I've read other disappointing reviews.  Again, thanks!

11 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Yes, my favorite Celebrity dining experience.  Miss it on the E class.  

Us too. Booked it for two nights on our forthcoming Reflection cruise next month. Can't wait!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

Not at all, currently on the Equinox and our meal there was not good, the lobster was as tough as my spare tire and the service not all good. The ship is near capacity and Murano was full. We are also in the Retreat and our dinners and service have been way better than our experience in Murano this week. Save your $70 for a good land restaurant.

Edited by terrydtx

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Not at all, currently on the Equinox and our meal there was not good, the lobster was as tough as my spare tire and the service not all good. The ship is near capacity and Murano was full. We are also in the Retreat and our dinners and service have been way better than our experience in Murano this week.

Thanks for the info...

52 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Thanks for the info...

We had the exact opposite experience as @terrydtx on Equinox in Murano.  We ate there 5 times and each and every time the food and service was outstanding. We had the Lobster Murano on two of those occasions and it was cooked perfectly as was the Chateaubriand, the Dover Sole and the Lamb. It is the ONLY X specialty restaurant that we feel is worth spending extra dollars. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2