What is the number on the upper right hand side

Just now, damiross said:

It's the number of the post in the topic.  My post will have a #2 in the upper right corner because it is the 2nd posting in this topic.

This is the third posting.  I forgot to mention the number shows as #1 until the page is refreshed or you reenter the topic.

That is not the number he is referring to.  It is the 35 in the very upper right of the screen shot he posted.  Apparently it only appears on phones, as I don’t see it on my iPads and surface pro.  I don’t do Cruise Critic on my phone, but did bring it up to see if it was there, and it is.  EM

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, damiross said:

It's the number of the post in the topic.  My post will have a #2 in the upper right corner because it is the 2nd posting in this topic.

I think the question was about the 035 in the top right corner of the page.

Screenshot_20230217_224118_Chrome.jpg.b82107d76c4603448b5af2edaf1f9317.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

That is not the number he is referring to.  It is the 35 in the very upper right of the screen shot he posted.  Apparently it only appears on phones, as I don’t see it on my iPads and surface pro.  I don’t do Cruise Critic on my phone, but did bring it up to see if it was there, and it is.  EM

10 hours ago, broberts said:

I think the question was about the 035 in the top right corner of the page.

Screenshot_20230217_224118_Chrome.jpg.b82107d76c4603448b5af2edaf1f9317.jpg

Yes that is the number I am referring to.  No matter which board I am in it is always 035.  

2 hours ago, gnome12 said:

I see the same thing (and the same number) when using my iPhone. It doesn't show on my desktop.

I generally don't use my desktop for CC browsing. After reading your post I fired it up. (Windows 10, Chrome), doesn't have the 035. Of course the layout is significantly different.

On 2/18/2023 at 8:44 AM, gnome12 said:

I see the same thing (and the same number) when using my iPhone. It doesn't show on my desktop.

I see the number on my iPhone in portrait mode. It is not there in landscape mode. Cruise Critic is not really usable in portrait mode on a phone. it is usable in a pinch in landscape mode. The mobile browser is pretty bad on small screens so I usually only use iPads and my laptop. Cruise Critic works poorly on touch screens. The discontinued Cruise Critic app worked pretty good on touch screens. Too bad it is gone. Since I don't take a computer on cruises only my iPhone and iPad I don't bother with Cruise Critic when I am on a cruise like I did when CC had the app. . 

Edited by Charles4515

23 hours ago, broberts said:

I generally don't use my desktop for CC browsing. After reading your post I fired it up. (Windows 10, Chrome), doesn't have the 035. Of course the layout is significantly different.

I fired up my iPad and turned it to portrait orientation and the 35 showed up. It is not there in landscape. orientation. I don't see the point of reading the forums in portrait orientation. Too much work reading them that way. Hard to hit the touchpoints and activity steam options are only available from the hamburger menu. I would guess the 35 in portrait orientation is a coding  bug or artifact. Cruise Critic can send a bug report to Invision. 

Edited by Charles4515

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

I fired up my iPad and turned it to portrait orientation and the 35 showed up. It is not there in landscape. orientation. I don't see the point of reading the forums in portrait orientation. Too much work reading them that way. Hard to hit the touchpoints and activity steam options are only available from the hamburger menu. I would guess the 35 in portrait orientation is a coding  bug or artifact. Cruise Critic can send a bug report to Invision. 

It does seem related to the display size. Both my phone and tablet show the 035 in portrait but not in landscape. 

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

On my computer it shows up if I make the window less than full screen and then drag it a bit smaller. This is from my laptop:

image.png

Same here. I don't see the number in Chrome on my Windows 10 laptop in full screen, but I just minimized the screen and the 035 appeared.

I also see the 035 on my iPhone, in both landscape and portrait orientations.

Right now, I don't see the number on my iPad in either orientation, but I'm pretty sure i did this morning.  (I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.) 

• 1 month later...

About two week ago I was on CC on my mobile and noticed this number 035 has appeared at the top of the page:

Screenshot_20230326_142004_Opera.thumb.jpg.afbc1efaec9eb2aebb3951b3189d9fb2.jpg

I looked at the desktop site and the number is not there. I'm just curious what this number is about and does it mean something about my account? 

2 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

About two week ago I was on CC on my mobile and noticed this number 035 has appeared at the top of the page:

Screenshot_20230326_142004_Opera.thumb.jpg.afbc1efaec9eb2aebb3951b3189d9fb2.jpg

I looked at the desktop site and the number is not there. I'm just curious what this number is about and does it mean something about my account? 

Your new thread has been merged into the existing thread re the same topic.

Hopefully @CC Help Michell will have the answer for all of you.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CC Help Michell said:

Hey, all -- apparently it is something to do with a recent change to the mobile template for our site.  The number has been changed to a "home" symbol, which hopefully won't cause as much confusion!

Thank you!  The home symbol is much better than the number.  

• 2 weeks later...