Buying soda individually

erienetuser

9 minutes ago, erienetuser said:

Are there complimentary refills in the main dining room? I assume not in any other venue, but  maybe  I'm wrong? Thanks!

If you have a “package “, then probably yes. If buying soda as you go, I believe it is in a can and not from the fountain, so no complimentary refills in main DR.

correct me if wrong.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, erienetuser said:

Are there complimentary refills in the main dining room? I assume not in any other venue, but  maybe  I'm wrong? Thanks!

I don’t understand why the MDR would give you free soft drinks they don’t give me free refills of wine

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

10 minutes ago, memoak said:

I don’t understand why the MDR would give you free soft drinks they don’t give me free refills of wine

Soda  refills are usually complimentary in  the United States, while wine is charged  by the  glass.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, erienetuser said:

Soda  refills are usually complimentary in  the United States, while wine is charged  by the  glass.

Cruise lines also charge an automatic tip if you buy by the drink not do on land. Ships and land are totally different 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, erienetuser said:

In a restaurant in the USA yes,usually, complimentary soda refills.

but I thought you were asking about on your cruise in the main dining room.

So I guess you need to give us more information to answer your question. Pretty sure you said you wanted to buy soda individually and you wanted to consume it in the main dining room and you were wondering about free refills ?

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Sure...I usually deplete their entire stock of diet coke! 😄

Please confirm that you have received unlimited refills of diet coke in the main dining room without a package. Is this all the time, usually, happened once?  Do you also get unlimited refills in other locations? 

Obviously with a beverage package you get unlimited soda anywhere on the ship. But I don't think that is what the OP was asking.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, erienetuser said:

Yes,  but I tip  anyway so it's the  same  for me? 

I have not been on a Princess  ship for a while ,but I do believe a can of soda is around $2.50 to $3.00 plus the 18% not optional gratuity. Maybe that will help you figure out if you want to buy soda individually or buy a package, all depends on how much you drink soda or don’t drink soda .

Of course your assistant waiter or waiter or server in the dining room ,it could happen that they just keep giving you soda refills with no charge for refills .without a package .but I’m sure that’s not how it’s suppose to go .

Edited by arizonaperson

49 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Pretty sure you said you wanted to buy soda individually and you wanted to consume it in the main dining room and you were wondering about free refills ?

Yes! That's exactly what I wanted to ask. I'm used to buying a soda in a restaurant  and getting free refills and I wondered if  it was  the same on the  ship. I drink a few sodas a week so I  thought  I'd just buy one occasionally,  and wondered if I  would just get a can or a fountain drink (which I do like better) with refills.

Thanks for your help!

2 hours ago, erienetuser said:

Yes! That's exactly what I wanted to ask. I'm used to buying a soda in a restaurant  and getting free refills and I wondered if  it was  the same on the  ship. I drink a few sodas a week so I  thought  I'd just buy one occasionally,  and wondered if I  would just get a can or a fountain drink (which I do like better) with refills.

Thanks for your help!

I always buy the unlimited soda package which is specifically for fountain drinks and in the MDR they keep bringing refills if I request.  

If I did not have the soda package they would bring me an individual can of Diet Coke and charge me.  There would be no refill and if I wanted more it would involve  paying for another can.  

At the bars you cannot buy just a glass of Diet Coke because there is no listed price… only listed prices are for cans of soda.

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jersey42 said:

Please confirm that you have received unlimited refills of diet coke in the main dining room without a package. Is this all the time, usually, happened once?  Do you also get unlimited refills in other locations? 

Obviously with a beverage package you get unlimited soda anywhere on the ship. But I don't think that is what the OP was asking.

Sorry, no. We always have a package 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PrincessLuver said:

I always buy the unlimited soda package which is specifically for fountain drinks and in the MDR they keep bringing refills if I request.  

If I did not have the soda package they would bring me an individual can of Diet Coke and charge me.  There would be no refill and if I wanted more it would involve  paying for another can.  

At the bars you cannot buy just a glass of Diet Coke because there is no listed price… only listed prices are for cans of soda.

You can buy a glass of soda at a bar, actually, its like 1.95 for a glass of soda. A tip....the Lido/pool bars  tend to use larger plastic glasses so if paying by the glass you will get more for your money if you get it there. 

Edited by Buckeye10640
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 2/18/2023 at 12:26 PM, cruzsnooze said:

You getb a can if you don't have a drink package so obviously it's not refillable.

My experience was that I always received a fountain soda in the dining room.  As a Diet Coke drinker there is a definite difference in flavor between fountain and canned Diet Coke.  The servers didn’t bother to charge again for refills.

Even with buying the soda package since the dining room glasses are so small and sometimes takes awhile for a refill I always ask them for Diet Coke no ice and a separate glass of ice only.  I then combine them.