Mama Mia , Allure

I don't recall exactly how many shows are offered, but people need to have a reservation and you are only allowed to reserve 1X.

However, you can get in line to go to any show and about 5 minutes before showtime people are allowed in - sometimes there are seats and sometimes not.

No, the music is not live but the singing is.

We have been on the Allure twice out of Galveston and Mama Mia was presented 3 times each week. Two nights and one afternoon (last sea day) show. The show is 2.5 hours so only one presentation per night.

46 minutes ago, mek said:

I don't recall exactly how many shows are offered, but people need to have a reservation and you are only allowed to reserve 1X.

However, you can get in line to go to any show and about 5 minutes before showtime people are allowed in - sometimes there are seats and sometimes not.

The music is live, you do not see the orchestra in the theater, they are backstage.

If you look closely there are a couple of tv monitors in the theater between the ground level and balcony level in direct view of the performers on stage. During the show they display a live view of the conductor for the cast.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, txart said:

We have been on the Allure twice out of Galveston and Mama Mia was presented 3 times each week. Two nights and one afternoon (last sea day) show. The show is 2.5 hours so only one presentation per night.

2.5 hours of ABBA?  Somebody please shoot me!!!

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, mek said:

You can get into any show without reservations.

And you are able get in outside then 5 minutes mark.

There is always plenty of seats available.

Yes, it is live music played.  The band plays off stage.  They show them at the end.

I actually saw "Mamma Mia" on Broadway, you should see it if you get the chance.  It's the ONLY show I've seen where the audience was literally singing and dancing in the aisles!

As far as the music being live, yes, it's live.  The band plays the music offstage.  Although I haven't been on Allure, in almost every single production I've ever seen (both on ships and on land), the music was always done live.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, matj2000 said:

You can get into any show without reservations.

And you are able get in outside then 5 minutes mark.

There is always plenty of seats available.

Yes, it is live music played.  The band plays off stage.  They show them at the end.

Live music, that's awesome, one of my favorite things to experience while cruising is the production shows being accompanied by the orchestra,  Royal does a GREAT job 

22 hours ago, mek said:

The music is most certainly live; just saw the show twice this past week; just got home 

On 2/18/2023 at 5:09 PM, mek said:

False. The music IS live. 

• Like 2

On 2/18/2023 at 4:58 PM, Krazcruiser said:

How many show are offered and is the music live, cruising 1st week of May,thanks

Usually 3x during a one week cruise.  However, on our last two cruises on Allure, the third show was canceled each time.  We normally book first show and try to get in and see other two.  Mamma Mia us DWs favourite musical. 

• Like 2