Chef's Table Availability

pickypicky

They have been having trouble finding a third menu that sells as well as the French and Italian.  On our cruise they offered an Arabian menu, and cancelled it straight off to open up a second French night.  I had earlier looked at the California menu and decided to pass.  Still hoping they will find one before our next Azamara cruise.  

How about Spanish, Old and New Worlds:  Octopus à la Galicia with an Albariño; Paella à la Valencia with a Tempranillo/Grenache blend from Rioja; and Bife de chorizo (Argentine steak) with a reserve Malbec – sign me up!!!

• Like 6

18 hours ago, BuddyR said:

The website is not currently showing the stateside menu.  Would you by any chance be able to share the menu?  I’ll be in the Caribbean on the Onward in November.

It was shared, with pics on this thread 

• Like 2

We were on the Quest in October-November,  Athens to Dubai.  The Chef's Table choices were French and Italian (delicious!).   But no Arabian dinner!  We were in the Mid-East!  We asked for it, but there was no interest.  I couldn't believe it.

On 2/24/2023 at 10:02 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

They have been having trouble finding a third menu that sells as well as the French and Italian.  On our cruise they offered an Arabian menu, and cancelled it straight off to open up a second French night.  I had earlier looked at the California menu and decided to pass.  Still hoping they will find one before our next Azamara cruise.  

How about Spanish, Old and New Worlds:  Octopus à la Galicia with an Albariño; Paella à la Valencia with a Tempranillo/Grenache blend from Rioja; and Bife de chorizo (Argentine steak) with a reserve Malbec – sign me up!!!

Spanish would be lovely!  

• Like 2

On 2/24/2023 at 11:47 AM, gymfreak said:

Just wondering which Chef’s Table you did? We are hoping to do one next month but will need to decide.

Thanks

We did the Italian, the food was beautifully plated, tasty and  plenty of courses. Most of the items available on the specialty restaurants menus. For us we did not care for the table setup. Long high top (looked lovely but not extremely comfortable). If you’re on the end seats it’s difficult to hear or converse with anyone other than those directly across from you.  Also the accompanying wine with courses was just a bit much - perseco, white wine, red wine, port, sweet dessert wine.  I don’t usually leave a glass unfinished nor my husband but in this case we could just not consume it all.  Certainly worth a try but we have had better experiences on Princess where they had tour of the kitchen, pre dinner cocktails,  large round table setup, the whole experience not only about the food but very social.  Now to be fair perhaps Princess does no longer do this (it’s been a long time since we’ve been on that line) but that was our point of compassion.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, uktog said:

A different table and chairs would be lovely 🙂

Agree.  We actually had that because the Italian Chef's Table was oversubscribed so they moved it to the entrance of Aqualina at a regular-height table.  Much more comfortable.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/24/2023 at 6:49 PM, uktog said:

Californian was wonderful as was Arabian

Anyone have menus to share? I can only find French and Italian. 

Edited by Melissawdc