Chef's Table Availability

pickypicky

I was gifted a Chef's Table Plus 2 package (1 dinner each in Aqualina and PrimeC and one Chef's Table). Can anyone tell me what happens if I'm not able to secure a reservation at a Chef's Table? I have read that sometimes they fill up early and am curious as to how they handle the ones they have sold and cannot honor.  

I would suggest when you reserve your boarding time choose the earliest (most likely 2PM). As soon as you board go to the table set for specialty dinner reservations so you will have a choice of date and cuisine before they fill up. They will also know when the White Night is scheduled so your dinner will not conflict if you choose to attend that event. In the past the reservation desk was in the entrance to the Discoveries restaurant.  

The reservation desk is usually at the entrance to Windows cafe not Discoveries. 
On boarding you must first attend the safety briefing. To save going to the wrong place ask a member of staff as you leave the briefing to check where to go. Recently they’ve been running two places the second being either one of the specialities or I saw one time it was the Pool deck. 
Good luck getting a reservation 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On Onward last month there was just one desk and it was on the pool deck at the side of the stage on the opposite side to The Patio. Get there as early as you can. There was a long long line and some people weren't able to get the times they wanted

Don't save your Chef's Table as a last night treat.This  is what we did and it was cancelled 

Edited by Bobal
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

On our cruises the second desk has either been in Discoveries bar or close to the entrance to the Den on Deck 5. There is always a desk on Deck 9 just inside the entrance to Windows buffet.

They have not been putting it in Discoveries there due to Discoveries being used for the rolling safety briefings and using the bar area for the briefing waiting area. They seem to want everyone away from the deck 5 areas as both are used for briefings and were also using the specialities as they didn’t have to move laptops etc. but it’s out of the way so we’re also trying the Pool area 

Edited by uktog

1 hour ago, Bobal said:

On Onward last month there was just one desk and it was on the pool deck at the side of the stage on the opposite side to The Patio. Get there as early as you can. There was a long long line and some people weren't able to get the times they wanted

Don't save your Chef's Table as a last night treat.This  is what we did and it was cancelled 

This is where it was on December 12.

• Like 1

On my recent Falklands and Fjords cruise on Pursuit, they actually had multiple chef's tables planned, for both Italian and French. However some were cancelled due to insufficient numbers. These people were then offered places on other nights which were closer to being viable (I reckon they need a minimum of 8, probably 10 to justify doing it) and just needed a few more people.

So while it may start out with lots of availability, this can fluctuate during the cruise. Point taken about the risk of a last night, but that is the one we did and it went ahead, partly because others had been shifted to it from earlier cancelled evenings.

I'm on Onward now. On boarding day they set up the Aqualina/Prime C/Chefs Table booking desk right outside of Windows on the pool deck. I just went up to Windows on embarkation and asked, and they pointed the way. Subsequently, it's been just inside the entrance to Windows.

Chefs Table bookings are NOT sold out on this 16-N cruise. They put a flyer in our room advertising open dates for Chefs Table.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Hapytocruise said:

We did Chefs table on Onward in February. Not that impressed. We won’t bother to do it again. The specialty restaurants though are very good and the ambiance alone it worth the extra $$$.

Just wondering which Chef’s Table you did? We are hoping to do one next month but will need to decide.

Thanks

5 hours ago, Hapytocruise said:

We did Chefs table on Onward in February. Not that impressed. We won’t bother to do it again. The specialty restaurants though are very good and the ambiance alone it worth the extra $$$.

I'd be interested in knowing which table you did as well. 

Thanks, everyone, for your helpful responses. We have had dinner in the specialties many times, but this will be our first time to do a Chef's Table. Does the dress for this pretty much follow the standard Azamara dinner dress code or should my husband plan on wearing a blazer?

6 minutes ago, pickypicky said:

Thanks, everyone, for your helpful responses. We have had dinner in the specialties many times, but this will be our first time to do a Chef's Table. Does the dress for this pretty much follow the standard Azamara dinner dress code or should my husband plan on wearing a blazer?

Standard dress code. Wear a blazer only if he wants to. Some dress a little more that night as it’s their special night others do not 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, wjfan417 said:

We did the French and Italian Chef’s Tables last fall and both were very good? Agree with the above post that the wines were much better quality.

Tried to edit to change the question mark to an exclamation point, but it didn’t give me that option. Both were very good-no question about it!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

French, Italian and Stateside were excellent in December on Onward.

The website is not currently showing the stateside menu.  Would you by any chance be able to share the menu?  I’ll be in the Caribbean on the Onward in November.

10 hours ago, wjfan417 said:

We did the French and Italian Chef’s Tables last fall and both were very good! Agree with the above post that the wines were much better quality.

We did one of the Chef’s Table dinners early during our voyage on Onward at the end of January. The food and wines were good but what we remember most are the friends we made at dinner. We continued to talk to our table mates for the rest of the week whenever we would see them around the ship. That is typically the most memorable part of this type of event for us on any cruise line.

• Like 2