Future refurbishment of Infinity?

latjr

52 minutes ago, warf said:

Pity, the infinity and constellation and other ships in that class were so nice.  Not overwelhming in size, more intimate.  I would be sad  to see them go.

They aren’t leaving the fleet

• 2 weeks later...

I am sailing the Infinity in March - the last time was October 2022- I found nothing to complain about- not a brand new ship- but all well maintained and spotless clean. Millenium Class  always was and always will be my favorite ship class of the X- Ships.

So I can´t wait to see if I find any difference in March. What I like is that they still keep this class of ships. Well at some point they all will be sold though- so let´s enjoy while they are still around.

• Like 2

We were on the Infinity late November. We stayed in a suite S1. Having read the previous reports I felt that on first glance the ship was not in bad condition. However major electrical problems resulted in many balcony cabins on deck 7 being flooded. The show could not go ahead one night because the lights were not working properly. Fire doors started closing in a random manner throughout the public areas. I gather there is a safety device so you cannot get decapitated. Celebrity were trying to get those affected to take vouchers , not offering cash refund.

I cannot see how you can revolutionise the ship fully. I cannot see where you might find space for a Retreat deck as over the years so many extra cabins have been added and in warm weather on M class ships what is left of the deck space is packed out. One turns over - you all turn over. I expect money will be prioritised on retail areas

Probably end up as a hybrid version

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GotMINI said:

We sail Infinity in Sep/Oct.  hopefully all kinks worked out by then!

we were on infiniti in September and it was in desperate need of an upgrade. We’re on it again November round-trip Barcelona. Hopefully it’ll be in much better shape. By the way, we just got off the silhouette January 2 and we loved it.

I guess Infinity wasn’t too bad since you are doing again…. I didn’t know about possible refurbishment and was slightly dreading being on old ship - but have heard people love this ship and our itinerary is port intensive, which we wanted, so will be off ship a lot.   

i sailed on Silhouette not long after their updo and it was really nice!   Like that class of ship.  

I’m getting ready to sail Beyond in about a month.  Will be 1st time on Edge class.  Looking fwd to that.  

Edited by GotMINI

10 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

I'm on Silhouette now and Future Cruises told me the Infinity is currently in dry dock being revolutionized.   Looks like next sailing is February 12.

Infinity seems to be in Marseille and in dry land according to Marinetraffic.

2024-1-23 .png

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

I'm on Silhouette now and Future Cruises told me the Infinity is currently in dry dock being revolutionized.   Looks like next sailing is February 12.

Correction:

Infinity is in dry dock - about 20 days.  NOT being revolutionized, just a drydock update...

Sorry for the incorrect info above.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Shadow9612 said:

Correction:

Infinity is in dry dock - about 20 days.  NOT being revolutionized, just a drydock update...

Sorry for the incorrect info above.

I was hoping they’d changed their minds and were doing some sort of uplift 😔.

1 hour ago, villauk said:

I was hoping they’d changed their minds and were doing some sort of uplift 😔.

From what I was told, just upgrading interior items that need replacing, but not structural changes.  Maybe the rooms will be refreshed?

@villauk it's been years - I hope you are doing well! I've never been on the Infinity.  On Silhouette now - she's beautiful.  My 1st cruise since pre-2020.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shadow9612 said:

From what I was told, just upgrading interior items that need replacing, but not structural changes.  Maybe the rooms will be refreshed?

@villauk it's been years - I hope you are doing well! I've never been on the Infinity.  On Silhouette now - she's beautiful.  My 1st cruise since pre-2020.

It has been years since we sailed together. Our boys are men now: oldest doing his PhD at Oxford and the youngest in his last year of his Master’s. Time sure does fly by quickly. Hope you are doing well too.

Silhouette is a beautiful ship; glad you are enjoying her. We’re on Infinity in March and we were hoping for some upgrading before we boarded. Never mind, I’m sure we’ll still have a great time 👍. We’re on Millie in August to Japan, so the Infinity sailing is for a little extra R&R time 😉.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the information- I fear they will not revolutionize Infinity - I rather excpect them to get rid of the Millenium Class step by step- after all Edge Class Ships are out and about. I am glad the four Millenium Class ships are still around though. Can´t wait to board at March 4th.

6 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Thanks for all the information- I fear they will not revolutionize Infinity - I rather excpect them to get rid of the Millenium Class step by step- after all Edge Class Ships are out and about. I am glad the four Millenium Class ships are still around though. Can´t wait to board at March 4th.

Please do a review of Infinity after your cruise. We board the 15th April and would be keen to hear your thoughts. 👍🏻

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TraderSam said:

Please do a review of Infinity after your cruise. We board the 15th April and would be keen to hear your thoughts. 👍🏻

I was just about to say the same thing as we’re on the sailing following Germancruiser 😁.

• Like 2

I just found out, that i never postetd my little review of Infinity not in the Review- but on the main X- board. So here is my reflection of Infinity - over year ago- but rereading made me even more look forward to March.

I just read the post with topic, that nobody wrote an Infinity- Review lately. So here it goes.

Review of Infinity curise Oct. 2022

What I will write now, may be considered a homage to the Millenium Class of ships and here of the Infinity, which we debarked 10 days ago.

I sailed all Celebrity ships , except Reflection, Equinox, Edge and Beyond.

When I found a 7 day cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale and saw that the Infinity doing so I just booked this Western Caribbean Itinerary. Ideal- I always had a soft spot for this class of ships – Millenium being my first X- ship ever- just when she debuted. My last X- cruise was in 2021 the Maiden Voyage of Apex. ( Not “my” ship)

I purposely don´t go into the ports of call- since they are well known.

This was my 3rd time on board Infinity ( after 2007 and 2012)  so I was curious to see how se appeared now- in her 21. Year of Service! She got no refit, due to Covid even the colouring was not changed as of yet.

Boarding and Embarkation went flawless- much much better then in pre Covid – times. As is the custom now the cabin cards were waiting for us, when we arrived at our cabin about 30 minutes after leaving the hotel in Ft. Lauderdale.

The cabin and in fact the whole ship where spotless. Cleaning and keeping up the cleanliness where constantly maintained. The overall experience was just as it was when sailed her more than 10 years ago. Yes, there is a bit rust on the outside, when you look up from you balcony. But that’s about all can say for seeing wear and tear.

New bedding, new lounge chairs on the open decks. The service impeccable- the quality of food in all restaurants we dined in- just up to X´s reputation of former years- big improvement here. ( a slight – kind of downfall – was to notice foodwise in the last year – pre Covid)

There have been also cutbacks – as I expected. On the buffets lot´s and lot´s of turkey- chicken- no longer 6 variations of yoghurt- just one big bowl of blueberry yoghurt ( must have been on sale, LOL) ! That was not a problem at all for us- but one could recognize those little cutbacks.

What I found out as the week progressed- why so like and prefer the Millenium Class of ships compared to the Solstice and now Edge Class. The cosy feeling- a ship not to small and not to big. A real promenade deck with lounge chairs. With almost every twist and turn one can look out to sea- and is – therefore - kind of connected with the sea- for me the whole purpose of traveling by ship. The shear elegance and style of those ships.

When M- Class debuted each had their own kind of “ Charme”- yet personality, each their own styled Speciality Restaurant- The Olympic, the United States, the Ocean Liner and the Normandie Restaurant. Each their own nod to the golden times of ocean traveling.

Of course there is no rockclimbing wall, not water slide- the list could go on and on.

So, as long as they are around ( with X) I will try to stick to the Milli- Class for the time being!

Edited by Germancruiser
Text better set
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this thread. We were on Infinity in August 2023 and were very disappointed in the lack of cleanliness in the pubic areas, especially the pool area. My husband did a walk-through with a housekeeping officer, who agreed with us. In January 2024, we were back on Infinity (last cruise before dry dock). This time, pleasantly surprised. We paid special attention to the problem areas from August and happily noted major improvement in all areas. She also looked better from the outside, We were told that they had started some of the maintenance work prior to going into dry dock, e.g. all lighting had been updated already.

Like you, we are excited to hear from current Infinity cruisers as to what has actually been done in dry dock. We are going back on the ship in August and bringing friends who are first time cruisers, so we keep our fingers crossed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 2/12/2024 at 7:16 AM, Saab4444 said:

Unfortunately she still has not the blue hull, I don`t know why they don`t update this in line with the rest of the fleet.

Did they repaint the hull the old colours?

or maybe the hull didn’t need to be repainted 🤔

7 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Did they repaint the hull the old colours?

or maybe the hull didn’t need to be repainted 🤔

They always clean and paint the hull in dry dock, also below the water line. But yes, they repaint it in old colors.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 4:55 AM, Germancruiser said:

Thank you Cosmo- that sound rather prommising- I am boarding Infinity in three weeks - so I look forward to a well maintained ship.

Great. I am excited to hear about your experience. Happy cruising!

On 1/22/2024 at 12:00 AM, Germancruiser said:

I am sailing the Infinity in March - the last time was October 2022- I found nothing to complain about- not a brand new ship- but all well maintained and spotless clean. Millenium Class  always was and always will be my favorite ship class of the X- Ships.

So I can´t wait to see if I find any difference in March. What I like is that they still keep this class of ships. Well at some point they all will be sold though- so let´s enjoy while they are still around.

I recently sailed on the Infinity post dry dock and feel that this post essentially sums up my experience with the boat.

I have not sailed it before so I can't attest to what all changes they have made, but the only thing that I was made aware by staff was the overhaul with the Michael's Club and Luminae (both of which were great). I don't go out of my way looking for things to complain about, but there was nothing throughout my stay that stood out in my opinion to be a problem. While the cabins are of course older so they do feel a bit dated, we had zero issues with anything in our room the entire trip. 

• Like 1