Coco Cay - Thrill Water Park $$$

Racer70

Ticket prices for admission to Thrill Water Park @Coco Cay for our June 2023 cruise are currently $140 pp. Yikes!!

Do these admission prices ever drop or go on sale?

Of course we realize other parts of RCL’s private island are “complimentary”.

Labadee and CC excursions usually do a 50% off or more at some time.  That's my experience.  I paid $44 last January 2022 when I was on Symphony.  Thrill Water Park is really fun but not more than $70.  Just like ziplining or jet skiing at Labadee are only worth doing at around the $50 price or 50% off.     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Prices vary by cruise. If your cruise is currently $140, I would not expect it to go down too much. We also got the $49 Black Friday deal, but the regular price for that cruise was $79.  We have some cruises that we are scheduled for where the price is currently $160, and others at $80.

So you may get better deals, but some cruises are just more expensive than others.

4 hours ago, Racer70 said:

Ticket prices for admission to Thrill Water Park @Coco Cay for our June 2023 cruise are currently $140 pp. Yikes!!

Wow, those are Disney prices!!!  Universal Studios is only 109 for a 1 park 1 day ticket.  Disney is higher, but no one outdoes the Mouse...

6 hours ago, Racer70 said:

You are doing Oasis out of NJ.  I booked Black Friday at $74.99 for waterpark, $29 for Scuba and I think $59pp for wave runners.  $140 is insane to pay, plenty of stuff to do on that island.

My couple cruise have been pretty constant and quite high.  We were going to skip it, but it went 50% off last Black Friday so we purchased them.  Unfortunately if your cruise is June, then there isn't a Black Friday before your cruise.  Just keep checking as you never know if it goes down.

• Thanks 1

On 2/23/2023 at 10:50 AM, Racer70 said:

It won't go down for June. It will however sell out at some point. There is never any need to put June, July, and August on sale except for black Friday. And your way too late in the game.

On 2/23/2023 at 11:50 AM, Racer70 said:

It may go down some.  But not like some of the other prices folks are mentioning.  Hard to compare prior couple years due to Covid and prices in a month like January when it can be very cool weather are simply not comparable to summer prices.  

Too me the water park is pointless.  You can do better water parks at so many places in the states.  In fact you can probably buy an annual pass for cheaper than a day at the Coco cay water park.  

How often do you get to spend time at the beach on an island in the Caribbean?  Our kids played at the beach, searched for wildlife (and saw a bunch of it) and did the free stuff like the pirate ship area and free splash zone for just a little bit. We had a blast and didn’t spend a dime extra.  

4 minutes ago, topnole said:

It may go down some.  But not like some of the other prices folks are mentioning.  Hard to compare prior couple years due to Covid and prices in a month like January when it can be very cool weather are simply not comparable to summer prices.  

Too me the water park is pointless.  You can do better water parks at so many places in the states.  In fact you can probably buy an annual pass for cheaper than a day at the Coco cay water park.  

How often do you get to spend time at the beach on an island in the Caribbean?  Our kids played at the beach, searched for wildlife (and saw a bunch of it) and did the free stuff like the pirate ship area and free splash zone for just a little bit. We had a blast and didn’t spend a dime extra.  

But how often do you get to go to an outstanding water park in the middle of the Bahamas, ride on numerous excellent slides including the tallest slide in North America, and if you have the deluxe drink package, drink for free at the water park?  

I am not disagreeing with anything you say, but I think it is worth paying for what might be a once in a lifetime experience, especially if they don’t cruise too often. 

20 minutes ago, bigque said:

Does anyone know if they are still doing jet skis at Coco Cay?? I usually do that excursion every time I go but for an upcoming cruise in October they have never been listed under excursions. 

yes they are doing it.  i have it booked for may. for my cruise it is currently sold out

Edited by shof515
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

But how often do you get to go to an outstanding water park in the middle of the Bahamas, ride on numerous excellent slides including the tallest slide in North America, and if you have the deluxe drink package, drink for free at the water park?  

I am not disagreeing with anything you say, but I think it is worth paying for what might be a once in a lifetime experience, especially if they don’t cruise too often. 

To each there own for sure.  To me riding a slide in the Caribbean is no better or worse riding in stateside parks or wherever else.  But at 100-170 per person, I can’t imagine that being something I would ever spend my money on for my family of 5.  

If you don’t cruise a lot, perhaps it is a once in a life time opportunity.  But so is spending time at the beach on a private Island which is free.  I could buy annual passes for a better water park for my family than it would cost to do the water park on coco cay.  Not even close to worth it IMO.  And certainly not when there are so many other cool things to do on the island.  Again, to each there own and apparently there are many who are glad to spend it.  Glad they have that option to enjoy, but no thanks for me.  

• Like 1