New Princess Premium desserts...

Shippy

1 hour ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Damn..I was hoping the “premium dessert” would mean I could get two free scoops of gelato per day..apparently gelato is more expensive than these things they’re making?

If they were to give something that people would actually like, there would be too many people getting them. This way it's mostly a one and done, and for some people, not even that. 

• Like 7

On 2/24/2023 at 12:08 AM, cruisingrob21 said:

Out of 3600 passengers on a royal class ship, assuming just 1000 get Princess Plus/Premium, 

Do you really believe that few people get Plus? 

I would guess more than that.

Even $80/day with Plus: 

$15/day tips

$10/day internet 

That means drink package is $55/day--including specialty coffees, water, sodas, juices as well as alcohol.

Now when we got Plus for $50/day in Sept, DH's aunt & uncle weren't going to get it.

But when they realized that  $25/day covered a few drinks plus the above extras, they felt it was worth it. (Honestly they did drink more than they realized they would...)

Now I paid $120/day total including Princess Plus for my cruise in March--hell of a deal.

Now I agree the fitness classes & desserts do not add any value for me, tho I will use them if included. Feel free to give me a credit if those premium desserts are not available!

Edited by KKB
  • Like 2

The great thing about these desserts is you are not forced to eat them. There are many other perks included in the package or you can skip the package all together. 
Some of you commenting on the how unhealthy the desserts are will happily consume a 12 ounce steak without a thought or eat two or three sugar free desserts because they are sugar free. As someone who eats a healthy diet (my whole life) and would not knowingly eat something with artificial sweeteners, has weighed about the same since high school, and walks 2 miles every morning and then another 2 miles throughout the day, I can assure you that I will be trying these concoctions. I’ll let you know how they taste! 

Edited by Jeal
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, KKB said:

Now I agree the fitness classes & desserts do not add any value for me, tho I will use them if included. Feel free to give me a credit if those premium desserts are not available!

You can always get one of the desserts and bring it to eat at the fitness class.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Thanks to the person posting the pics, very interesting.

The point is Princess are trying to attract a broad range of people to take plus, I run an IT company and we sell packages to our customers and include a wide selection of features some more popular than others but that's ok as different people want different things. They also don't use every feature all the time but they know it's there if they want it.

My Mum would love these desserts as she has a really sweet tooth, she does not really drink! The desserts remind me of items available at places like the Sugar Factory or the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium at Universal. Both of which are very popular. 

For me they do look a bit big though, I'm assuming Princess will run the new features for a while and survey guests to see what they think. They clearly feel they need to be a step different to what is available within the regular cruise price.

Jonathan

• Like 1

When I have visited Cones, there were maybe one or two passengers in front of me waiting for their free soft served ice cream.  WIth multiple passengers with Plus/Premium packages, how many will be in line?  How long will it take to create monstrosity?  How long will I have to wait for my one and done bite?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

When I have visited Cones, there were maybe one or two passengers in front of me waiting for their free soft served ice cream.  WIth multiple passengers with Plus/Premium packages, how many will be in line?  How long will it take to create monstrosity?  How long will I have to wait for my one and done bite?

From reading this thread...it seems that a lot of passengers that have the premium plus, got it  for the other things & will not be getting the desserts !

38 minutes ago, jonbrealey said:

The point is Princess are trying to attract a broad range of people to take plus,

I think it is more than that.

Last summer Princess raised the Plus package cost from $40/day to $50/day.

Less than 6 months later they raised it again to $60/day.

In order justify charging 50% more than it had been a year ago, Princess through in extra stuff that, as posts here confirm, many people will not use.

That extra stuff may attract new customers to Plus, but a number of posts have shown a number of people who could easily justify Plus for two people at $40 and possibly justify the same for $50, cannot do so for $60/day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Gelato?  What happened to ice cream. Not the same and don't want a gelato substitute.  Princess "used to be known" for their great in house ice cream.  Now you can only get ice cream at lunch.  Sometimes they substitute gelato.  Not a gelato fan.  Sad about the flavors of ice cream "today".

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Gelato?  What happened to ice cream. Not the same and don't want a gelato substitute.  Princess "used to be known" for their great in house ice cream.  Now you can only get ice cream at lunch.  Sometimes they substitute gelato.  Not a gelato fan.  Sad about the flavors of ice cream "today".

You can still get ice cream at dinner, but only chocolate and vanilla flavors.

Of course lunch in the MDR is only on sea days and embarkation day, so usually for less than half of a cruise can you get flavors other than chocolate and vanilla.

By the way, the Ruby Princess, which had gelato available for purchase pre-pandemic at the International Cafe, no longer has that. Do the Crown and Emerald still have gelato at the IC?

@caribillthanks for catching lunch and ice cream. Guess I am used to lots of sea days, and forgot.  Don't know where gelato for pay is being offered anymore.

I did order ... once... Mocha milkshake at Cones on the Grand.  That was enough for me.  One and Done like so many of Princess' "new" offerings.  Never paid for gelato either.  

33 minutes ago, caribill said:

You can still get ice cream at dinner, but only chocolate and vanilla flavors.

They usually have one sorbet as well.

Unfortunately, as you know, all the great flavors of ice cream are gone.

How that was cost savings is puzzling. 

• Like 1

What those who pan these fail to appreciate is their inherent Instagram-readiness.   These aren’t so much for eating as for signalling what a wild and crazy over-the-top time you’re having on your ocean vacation.  Princess has rapidly developed a keen understanding of the value of “doing it for the ‘Gram” - it’s literally an extension of Good Spirits and the smoking cocktails and the feature-walls-as-selfie-backgrounds.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jonbrealey said:

The point is Princess are trying to attract a broad range of people to take plus, I run an IT company and we sell packages to our customers and include a wide selection of features some more popular than others but that's ok as different people want different things. They also don't use every feature all the time but they know it's there if they want it.

These deserts also look very much like something that will play well on social media where the look matters more than the practicality of it.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Jeal said:

The great thing about these desserts is you are not forced to eat them. There are many other perks included in the package or you can skip the package all together. 
Some of you commenting on the how unhealthy the desserts are will happily consume a 12 ounce steak without a thought or eat two or three sugar free desserts because they are sugar free. As someone who eats a healthy diet (my whole life) and would not knowingly eat something with artificial sweeteners, has weighed about the same since high school, and walks 2 miles every morning and then another 2 miles throughout the day, I can assure you that I will be trying these concoctions. I’ll let you know how they taste! 

you oughta post more often 

• Like 2

As I’m sure others have stated, I’d much prefer the $50 with grats, drinks & Wi-Fi to the $60 one with the fancier desserts. I’d like to think I’ll try the fitness classes but we’ll see. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Coral said:

I am thinking that the lollipops are going to be a waste along with the other things.

It seems like something that would impress a 5 year old but not an adult. Maybe something that one would order 1x a year for a birthday but not 2 a day.

That is the most ridiculous part...they have pictured the deserts with mini bottles of liquor in them, so someone at Princess believes that adults will want these deserts.  

• Like 2