New Princess Premium desserts...

Shippy

2 hours ago, caribill said:

And where is this juice bar located?

Any idea what used to be at that location?

On the Enchanted they have all sorts of veggies & fruits that they use and the person making them just adds specific amounts of each one. 

It's in the pastry shop although I suspect there must be a machine in each DR also.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Ok folks! Someone on the Enchanted had posted the deserts on FB with the following to say..... 

"I’m on Enchanted Princess, and today was the rollout of the new “Premium Desserts” menu. If you have the Princess Plus package, it now includes TWO Premium desserts per day.  

The ice cream sundaes are enormous and filled with things like brownies and candy. They have giant lollipops as decorations. I was even given a mini bottle of vodka to pour over it! The cake options are giant slices that are close to a foot high. The slice is too tall to stand on its own without falling!

In my opinion, this new program is wasteful, since you can’t finish the desserts. It is also VERY time consuming for the people making the sundaes, and lines will be crazy. As cool as these things look, and as delicious as they taste, it just isn’t practical."

FB_IMG_1677577804561.jpg

FB_IMG_1677577807755.jpg

FB_IMG_1677577811307.jpg

FB_IMG_1677577813459.jpg

FB_IMG_1677577815840.jpg

FB_IMG_1677577817966.jpg

FB_IMG_1677577820045.jpg

FB_IMG_1677577822249.jpg

Well that looks kind of gross. I wonder if you can just order this as a plain milkshake without all the crap sticking out of the top. 

I was really hoping you’d be able to use these “premium desserts” for something more simple like the ice cream sandwiches or gelato that usually come as a nominal fee. 

Maybe Princess is intentionally making these unappealing so that people don’t use them. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 7

I am presently on the Caribbean Princess.  I have only seen 1 premium ice cream dessert and it was in like a plastic beer mug.  I don’t know one person can eat it let alone have 2 a day.

A waste of money

Edited by phabric
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HikaruTsuki said:

Am I the only one excited about those cakes?! Nice unexpected surprise, especially since so many of our favorite desserts have gone away or have been reduced in quality. 

The cakes look good, but I wouldn't want it sticking out of a milkshake and skewered with lollipops, candy canes, etc.  If that's the only way to get them (as part of these crazy milkshake monstrosities), then I'm not sure how to feel!

Guess I'll find out for myself in five weeks...

7 minutes ago, HikaruTsuki said:

Am I the only one excited about those cakes?! Nice unexpected surprise, especially since so many of our favorite desserts have gone away or have been reduced in quality. 

Will they actually be available in the MDR  ?

If all three MDRs are open, I'm not sure if the  kitchen staff would be able to cope. 

The juice bar menu looks pretty good and I'll partake in those if they are included in my package.

The desserts.....why would they put a candy cane in them?   Are they on sale at the Dollar Store after Christmas?   How do you even hold the sucker after it's been drenched in ice cream and chocolate?   What a mess.....

What a time consuming process for the crew members to make.   It's not like they can make them in advance.   

Just give me a free scoop of gelato and I'm good.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

They look very much like a 5 year old was given a cupcake all his own to decorate and loaded it up with as much candy as would fit, takes one bite and then sets it aside. Because who really eats stuff like that? 

People who have to much disposable income and don't know what to do with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Will they actually be available in the MDR  ?

If all three MDRs are open, I'm not sure if the  kitchen staff would be able to cope. 

On the Caribbean, you get them at the ice cream stand, Lido deck

3 hours ago, talkorpi said:

I was really hoping you’d be able to use these “premium desserts” for something more simple like the ice cream sandwiches or gelato that usually come as a nominal fee. 

Stage One of "The Future State":

Order monstrosity.  Divest dessert of all extraneous pastry, candy and sugar into a nearby bin:

Peeps Easter GIF - Peeps Easter Trash - Discover & Share GIFs

Stage Two of "The Future State":

Someone without a Package follows close behind you:

Garbage-eater GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 8

Ok, I love these types of desserts.  Fun and a once a year treat in Vegas!  But...2 a day....seriously?!

And the irony of giving us 2 fitness classes per voyage!  I think they have this reversed.  We should get 2 desserts PER VOYAGE and 2 fitness classes a day!  

• Like 10

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Which would imply that they are not available in the MDR. Not that I would want to eat one anyway.

On the Caribbean, I have only seen 1 person carrying a plastic beer type mug  with the new dessert.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, stoneharborlady said:

And this is the brain child of Mr. Padgett?  

Much as everyone wants to knock Mr Padgett, I doubt he spent his time thinking up these concoctions. 

Blame the marketing team first,  and then blame Padgett for giving them the green light !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedIguana said:

Now if they would just add bacon......

Not that far-fetched an idea.

Look what Royal Caribbean is now offering:

"You might grab a bacon-topped-Manhattan at the brand new Mason Jar on Wonder of the Seas"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

They look very much like a 5 year old was given a cupcake all his own to decorate and loaded it up with as much candy as would fit, takes one bite and then sets it aside. Because who really eats stuff like that? 

I am thinking that the lollipops are going to be a waste along with the other things.

It seems like something that would impress a 5 year old but not an adult. Maybe something that one would order 1x a year for a birthday but not 2 a day.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Much as everyone wants to knock Mr Padgett, I doubt he spent his time thinking up these concoctions. 

Blame the marketing team first,  and then blame Padgett for giving them the green light !

Sorry, I never meant that he dreamt the the ice cream dishes up, I meant that he was responsible for putting them on the ships.

• Like 3