Wifi for two

whoopie

Ww have two Regent Cruises scheduled.

One is in a Superior Suite on the SS Splendor, and the other is a G Category on Navigator, so not Concierge.

We have sailed with them before ...but it has been a few years.  They information we got was that one free wifi connection per room is included. So all-inclusive really is not....can we get a second connection for free? The rates they quote for additional wifi are awfully high. We tend to use wifi at the same time when we are resting in the room and catching up with everything.  We don't download or upload videos, we do email, RSS feed, newspapers, FaceBook. 

That’s the main reason we book Concierge. I like to know what I’m getting, which is why I chose Regent in the first place. I don’t want to rely on the good nature of the internet representative for multi logins. Looking forward to turning Gold in January so I can start booking F and G suites and still get multi logins!

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 10:05 AM, whoopie said:

Ww have two Regent Cruises scheduled.

One is in a Superior Suite on the SS Splendor, and the other is a G Category on Navigator, so not Concierge.

We have sailed with them before ...but it has been a few years.  They information we got was that one free wifi connection per room is included. So all-inclusive really is not....can we get a second connection for free? The rates they quote for additional wifi are awfully high. We tend to use wifi at the same time when we are resting in the room and catching up with everything.  We don't download or upload videos, we do email, RSS feed, newspapers, FaceBook. 

We are in E.  How much do they charge another connection?

On 2/24/2023 at 12:44 PM, PaulMCO said:

The answer is maybe.  On Splendor the internet representative was nice enough to give us 4 devices for the one account.at no charge.  Cannot hurt to be nice and ask..  Also in an F1 (Superior).

Paul. Not everyone has your charm 

I was with a couple on voyager and I told them of your success on splendor. No dice

Edited by bitob
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, bitob said:

This is an aspect of regent that I find insane. Fares are per person. Internet should be as well. They don’t give you one free shore excursion per port per cabin 

I know they charge per person, but really fares are more per cabin.  Just ask solo cruisers.  

The website clearly states that internet access for less than a Concierge suite are "per cabin," 

"FREE Unlimited WiFi includes one log-in, one device, per suite. Concierge Suites and higher receive up to four logins, four devices, per suite."

Lol,  as soon as you hit gold,  Regent will change the rules and everyone will have internet access for devices in all suites.  Similar to the free laundry issue that started because of COVID.   Then, we all complain that isn’t fair.   Life ain’t always fair!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, irishwitchy said:

Lol,  as soon as you hit gold,  Regent will change the rules and everyone will have internet access for devices in all suites.  Similar to the free laundry issue that started because of COVID.   Then, we all complain that isn’t fair.   Life ain’t always fair!  

Fair doesn't mean equal, fair means equitable.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 8:43 AM, irishwitchy said:

If I get another $100 OBC I’ll be fine with that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wcsdkqh said:

Included laundry did not start because of Covid. Laundry was included a full year prior to Covid on Mediterranean cruises, albeit on a trial basis, presumably to determine laundry staffing levels required.

Thanks for that update - I wasn’t sure on that timing - I just remember everyone that was good being upset.  I wasn’t gold at that time!  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 11:42 PM, papaflamingo said:

The website clearly states that internet access for less than a Concierge suite are "per cabin," 

"FREE Unlimited WiFi includes one log-in, one device, per suite. Concierge Suites and higher receive up to four logins, four devices, per suite."

What about SSS benefits for Gold & above members:

FREE unlimited WiFi with four log-ins, for up to four devices

Is that benefit per member or per suite?

The SSS Ts&Cs state: “Gold members and above receive FREE Unlimited Wifi with four log-ins for up to four devices, that may be used concurrently

The phone time SSS benefits are clearly stated as being per suite; but the Wi-Fi is not, so we are arguing that the Wi-Fi benefit is per member. 
The internet manager on Explorer disagrees🤨

Between us we have five devices, which has caused some log-in issues that we do not recall having on previous cruises.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flossie009 said:

What about SSS benefits for Gold & above members:

FREE unlimited WiFi with four log-ins, for up to four devices

Is that benefit per member or per suite?

The SSS Ts&Cs state: “Gold members and above receive FREE Unlimited Wifi with four log-ins for up to four devices, that may be used concurrently

The phone time SSS benefits are clearly stated as being per suite; but the Wi-Fi is not, so we are arguing that the Wi-Fi benefit is per member. 
The internet manager on Explorer disagrees🤨

Between us we have five devices, which has caused some log-in issues that we do not recall having on previous cruises.

From the Terms and Conditions page:

"Gold members and above receive four unique log-ins with FREE Unlimited WiFi per suite."

https://www.rssc.com/legal/terms-conditions

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
8 minutes ago, PaisleyMello said:

Stoopid question:

What if I go to a bar, and my husband stays in the suite… Is only one of us getting “free” WiFi - and if he logs in first, I will still have to wait (to log in)?

TIA, mm

That is correct.

• Thanks 1