Where to have a cruise party???

JJNorsk

We are cruising Majestic Princess in June to Alaska. We are a large group of 70 people and have been given a free one hour party with drinks and appetizers. Any suggestions as to where and when would be the best place and time to do it?? We want to ask the Captain to drop by if possible. Thanks so much!

42 minutes ago, JJNorsk said:

We are cruising Majestic Princess in June to Alaska. We are a large group of 70 people and have been given a free one hour party with drinks and appetizers. Any suggestions as to where and when would be the best place and time to do it?? We want to ask the Captain to drop by if possible. Thanks so much!

I would ask whoever made the arrangements to 'give' you the party.  Obviously a sea day would be best; otherwise on a port day many members of your group may be off the ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JJNorsk said:

Any suggestions as to where and when would be the best place and time to do it??

BEST time and location? Obviously it would be the Conservatory in Glacier Bay.

That will never happen. Realistically I have seen "private party" signs in the Conservatory,

usually in the mornings, on 2 different cruises on the Majestic to Alaska and Mexico.

• Like 2

Please clarity what you mean by "given a free one hour party".

If this is an official Cruise Critic "Meet and Greet" arranged through Princess Guest Services, then they will offer you a location to ensure that this is a private party. The Officers can be invited. I have arranged a few of these through Guest services and we had 10 Officers attend our meeting on the Grand last September. We had a nice turnout.

1 hour ago, nini said:

Please clarity what you mean by "given a free one hour party".

If this is an official Cruise Critic "Meet and Greet" arranged through Princess Guest Services, then they will offer you a location to ensure that this is a private party. The Officers can be invited. I have arranged a few of these through Guest services and we had 10 Officers attend our meeting on the Grand last September. We had a nice turnout.

I think this is a perk from the cruise line via the TA for booking a large group.  Not sure who would make the time and venue decision but it has to be coordinated with whoever arranges those things on the ship.  EM

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I think this is a perk from the cruise line via the TA for booking a large group.  Not sure who would make the time and venue decision but it has to be coordinated with whoever arranges those things on the ship.  EM

It just seems strange that the OP has a "free" party with no details on where and when.

3 hours ago, EDDY0827 said:

BEST time and location? Obviously it would be the Conservatory in Glacier Bay.

That will never happen. Realistically I have seen "private party" signs in the Conservatory,

usually in the mornings, on 2 different cruises on the Majestic to Alaska and Mexico.

Grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com booked our Meet & Greet in the Conservatory

20210816_100316.thumb.jpg.02c47de2208fc5e07f44984884bdde16.jpg20210816_100306.thumb.jpg.b3332fb39e3849ab3595f6319bcde1d0.jpg

Definitely a great room for it!! 

grouponboardservices@princess.com

is exactly who assisted me in arranging two Meet and Greets. They were very accommodating and easy to work with.

As @riffatsea has stated, the OP will need some assistance in the planning; or there will be some very upset people.

First step:  Contact grouponboardservices@princess.com

Second:  After confirmation, work with Loyalty coordinator once on board

Third:  Be sure to have a "roll call" sheet for your 70 passengers in the group and a way of contacting them if the venue should change.

Group Services has always picked the venue, date and time (you could put in a request).

Will it be a hosted (free) bar or a no host bar

One hour will go by really quickly.  Most events are held in the morning or late morning.  

Officers are usually invited to the meet and greet and 85% of the time the Captain shows up.  Don't know about informal private functions.

Good luck planning this.  Do you know if all 70 people will show up?  Percentage is usually about 50% for a meet and greet.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2023 at 10:24 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

First step:  Contact grouponboardservices@princess.com

Second:  After confirmation, work with Loyalty coordinator once on board

Third:  Be sure to have a "roll call" sheet for your 70 passengers in the group and a way of contacting them if the venue should change.

Group Services has always picked the venue, date and time (you could put in a request).

Will it be a hosted (free) bar or a no host bar

One hour will go by really quickly.  Most events are held in the morning or late morning.  

Officers are usually invited to the meet and greet and 85% of the time the Captain shows up.  Don't know about informal private functions.

Good luck planning this.  Do you know if all 70 people will show up?  Percentage is usually about 50% for a meet and greet.

Step 1 is almost correct:  The posted email address is incorrect (I discovered the hard way). The correct email is grouponboardservices@princesscruises.com. Refer to the sticky entry at the beginning of the Princess topic: 

On 2/25/2023 at 2:59 PM, 1025cruise said:

What options were given to you? I don't think you'll be allowed to just pick a spot. 

On 2/25/2023 at 5:24 PM, riffatsea said:

You need to ask grouponboardservices to tell you where your party will take place You don't just choose a spot yourself

Having taken several group cruises on Princess, I agree that OP does not have carte blanche to decide the time and place.  Even groups that are paying for space (vs. a free party) still have to work around the times and venues that are already reserved for regularly scheduled activities, and the group organizers generally often don't have their venue or exact time confirmed until within a month of sailing.

I'm wondering if there's a misunderstanding, because something doesn't quite smell right.  In another post OP says she's a tour operator.  She should know exactly who her group contacts at Princess are and be working with them to find out what her options are (if she gets any input at all) rather than coming to CC for opinions on what to request.

On 2/25/2023 at 10:24 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

Officers are usually invited to the meet and greet and 85% of the time the Captain shows up. 

I guess I've just been very unlucky!  I haven't attended very many Meet & Greets...but the Captain was a no-show for all of them.