Owners Suite Room Service question

9 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Keep in mind when ordering room service for lunch or dinner it can take up to an hour for delivery.  I normally will order lunch around 10:30 and ask for a delivery time of 12.  

Did this last evening. Ordered at ~5:00 for delivery at 7:00, and they delivered at 6:55. Just make sure you are clear with your request. One time we were apparently a bit unclear, and dinner showed up an hour early.

• Like 1

Be careful when ordering.  On our first try, we ordered a breakfast entree & a couple of sides each and indicated there were 3 people ordering.  We got three of EVERYTHING!!!!  Oh my God, the delivery cart was full!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We've been staying in OS's lately and love the perk of ordering breakfast from the MDR menu. Delivery has been pretty quick lately on all the ships we've sailed.

Another thing we enjoy is ordering dessert just before the MDR hours close including hot chocolate or tea service.

Always have some cash to tip upon delivery.

• Like 1

On the off chance that you get charged for room service in your suite, just bring it to the attention of the Concierge and they will have the charge removed.  This happened to us on our last cruise and the Concierge said that there was new staff joining the ship and that they were being trained so she wanted to make a point of letting the outgoing manager know that we had been inadvertently charged so that the new staff would know the proper procedure for suites..

21 hours ago, alex_drew said:

On the off chance that you get charged for room service in your suite, just bring it to the attention of the Concierge and they will have the charge removed.  This happened to us on our last cruise and the Concierge said that there was new staff joining the ship and that they were being trained so she wanted to make a point of letting the outgoing manager know that we had been inadvertently charged so that the new staff would know the proper procedure for suites..

We had to explain to the room service person once that a grand suite was in fact a full suite and that despite his opinion to the contrary, we were entitled to order from the MDR menu. So it does happen…occasionally.

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

We had to explain to the room service person once that a grand suite was in fact a full suite and that despite his opinion to the contrary, we were entitled to order from the MDR menu. So it does happen…occasionally.

Yes, and the Concierge was going to also mention that same thing...that GS and above could order from the MDR menu so that the incoming staff knew this was one of the perks!

We were in a GS and heading to an excursion so ordered breakfast for 7 am...at 7:30 there was no sign of breakfast so I called and at first they couldn't find the order in their system, but after a couple of minutes they said it was on the way...45 minutes late and cold as a stone.  I was not thrilled.

On 2/26/2023 at 5:23 PM, orville99 said:

No fees; you can order from the MDR menu any time the MDR is open, and we always tip the delivery person. We usually do in suite dining from the MDR menu 2-3 times a cruise. You will love the Owners Suite.😇

How does this work? We’ll be staying in a CLS on Harmony later this year and I’m interested in trying this once for dinner. Where do we find the menu? In the app? Do they bring all courses at the same time?

1 hour ago, LisaLisa87 said:

How does this work? We’ll be staying in a CLS on Harmony later this year and I’m interested in trying this once for dinner. Where do we find the menu? In the app? Do they bring all courses at the same time?

Yes...It's in the app and they will bring all courses at the same time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LisaLisa87 said:

The menu is in the app. Just bring up the MDR page. They will bring everything that you order at the same time. Dinner on a CLS balcony is one of the best dining experiences on that class of ship.

• Like 1