New Specialty Restaurant Menus

gcorgain

Thanks Kjbacon for POSITIVE news regarding CRAB. Hoping that what you experienced in seafood plate still available in our next cruise staring March 28 on Splendor.

And thanks for all your pictures in your very helpful entries. 

22 minutes ago, docmark said:

Thanks Kjbacon for POSITIVE news regarding CRAB. Hoping that what you experienced in seafood plate still available in our next cruise staring March 28 on Splendor.

And thanks for all your pictures in your very helpful entries. 

We will be on the same cruise. Hopefully any cut backs will not be noticeable to passengers. 

We have just booked our second RSS cruise for December on Splendor. I was a bit concerned to see the posts about the missing crab legs, as DW was all over them on our last RSS cruise. The soft shell crab will definitely interest us both however.

Dinner in P7 tonight on Explorer ..,..,.,,,,,,,, delicious 😋

Crab cake was on the menu 🙂

Best bonus was at the end of the meal ..,,,,,,,,,,,, fudge rather than those bizarre brownies topped with jelly 😀

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Dinner in P7 tonight on Explorer ..,..,.,,,,,,,, delicious 😋

Crab cake was on the menu 🙂

Best bonus was at the end of the meal ..,,,,,,,,,,,, fudge rather than those bizarre brownies topped with jelly 😀

DW says "thanks goodness, nobody eats them".

50 minutes ago, NCCruzQueen said:

We call them “the eyeballs.”  Looking forward to trying the fudge.

Good description. 

I’ll look forward to the fudge with my after dinner coffee and liqueur. 

• Like 1

I realize this is all personal preference, but what do you think is the most overrated menu item?

Mine is probably the Prime 7 Caramel/Popcorn sundae. I heard people raving about it, so I figured I had try it.

Ordered it, received it and while it certainly wasn't bad, it was a bit of a letdown. It probably wouldn't even break the top 10 of desert I've had on board before.

• Like 1

Mark Twain once opined:  It is opinions that keeps the horserace interesting...   

I agree.  The sundae was good.  Won't replace champagne sorbet as a overall winner.

My LW would say, "You don't know what's Good!    I'll take your sundae!"

For me: Foie Gras is a head scratcher.   LOVE Caviar!

Edited by daetchief
sp

Hate the popcorn mess,  yuk.  I bake, this thing is just a sugary fake of glob. The soufflés are very good in compass rose, but everything with a gelatinous component is just gross.  Chocolate folks and good chocolate is needed.  Chocolate lava cake is missing,  I can do this for 12 for Christmas diner, not that hard.  Less sugar and add some savory to the desserts. 

PS. Love the goose liver and caviar.   

8 hours ago, slidebite said:

What do you think is the most overrated menu item?...

Yes, food (like music) is really a personal preference but I thought the Alaskan "crab" and avocado appetizer in the Compass Rose was baaad.  (Whatever was in this, it wasn't crab!  Will chalk this up to supply chain issues.)  And not a fan of the hamburgers at the Pool Grill.  (I think the burgers need a higher ratio of fat to meat (75/25%?...) rather than whatever they are now).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, slidebite said:

I wasn't wild about the pool grill burgers either, but it's pretty rare for me to eat anything there. I want to make a point of trying more this time though to give them a fair shake.

On our last Splendor cruise, March 2022, we ate lunch at the pool grill a few times. Peel and eat shrimp were very good along with a nice cold beer.

28 minutes ago, puppyluv1 said:

On our Splendor cruise this past January I had the Turkey burger twice and thought it was very good both times. The sweet potato fries were also good.  

I find those premade frozen turkey burgers way too salty.  Just not to my taste.

On 2/28/2023 at 1:21 AM, fudge said:

Thank you flossie thats really helpful, will try and squeeze on or two more in when on board. 

We will also be on the Vancouver to Tokyo sailing. We did a 16 day TA on Explorer in 2022, and had no trouble booking the additional specialty dining venues while on board. The food was better than we have ever had, and so artfully presented. You will love it even more, as longer sailings allow for exploring the culinary delights.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Buglady777 said:

We will also be on the Vancouver to Tokyo sailing. We did a 16 day TA on Explorer in 2022, and had no trouble booking the additional specialty dining venues while on board. The food was better than we have ever had, and so artfully presented. You will love it even more, as longer sailings allow for exploring the culinary delights.

Thank you, thats very reassuring. Did I see your tag on the roll call? If so it would be nice to meet up.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2023 at 6:48 AM, fudge said:

Thank you, thats very reassuring. Did I see your tag on the roll call? If so it would be nice to meet up.

Yes, we are on Roll Call. Looking forward to meeting...good bars on the Explorer! Too bad they don't have a meet and mingle set up.

Kathy and Bob

On board, everything is fantastic. Great food, shows, trivia, off to a Silversas Gold event tonight then dinner at Pacific Rim, I think it’s going to be a good good night.

Safe travels everyone, 200 cruisers staying on for the T/A voyage. 

🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳

• Like 1