Bottle purchase and laundry questions

cruzky

On Celebrity Cruises I have been able to purchase a bottle of bourbon for use in my stateroom along with setups. It is in my stateroom on arrival. Does Princess have the same option? Also, how much does it cost to do laundry in the laundromats onboard Princess?

Thanks for all your help

Roseanna

1 hour ago, cruzky said:

Thanks for the response. It has to be cheaper than buying individual drinks. We don’t drink enough to justify the beverage pkgs.

Don’t know your beverage choices.  Recently, December, we purchased Jack Daniels and Bombay Sapphire, 750ml, for around $26.  Call Room Service for delivery and availability.

1 hour ago, mjmalino said:

Laundry is $3 to wash and $3 to dry.

I  believe detergent and dryer sheets are $1.50 (I usually bring my own, so I am not certain about the cost)

$3  to dry only if you can dry in one 35 min cycle. Pretty consistent feedback, and our experience too, is it can take 2-3 dry cycles.

14 minutes ago, pmallen said:

$3  to dry only if you can dry in one 35 min cycle. Pretty consistent feedback, and our experience too, is it can take 2-3 dry cycles.

Absolutely not true.   We have cruised on the Emerald, Grand, Ruby,  Majestic, Caribbean and Sapphire in 2022 for over 100 days and all dryers were efficient and done within the preset time period.

Edited by kiwimum
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, cruzky said:

On Celebrity Cruises I have been able to purchase a bottle of bourbon for use in my stateroom along with setups. It is in my stateroom on arrival. Does Princess have the same option? Also, how much does it cost to do laundry in the laundromats onboard Princess?

Thanks for all your help

Roseanna

Go to cruise personalizer on the website, onboard services, wine and spirits, scroll down for spirits.  My DH orders Jack Daniels 375ml $28.  He doesn’t drink much either.  Will be delivered to your stateroom, or a card for you to call RS when you want it delivered.

Launderettes, no issues for us. You can take laundry pods or powder to use, dryer sheets etc, or buy them there.  $3 a wash and $3 a dry. You scan your medallion and receive tokens to use there.

Thanks for all the answers. We have not been on a Princess ship in 9 yrs. Last time I remember they used to have the laundry deals. I plan on bringing my own laundry products. Does anyone know if they happen to have Woodford Reserve? We have never used the medallion thingy. Just seems a little daunting. 

Roseanna

11 hours ago, mjmalino said:

Laundry is $3 to wash and $3 to dry.

I  believe detergent and dryer sheets are $1.50 (I usually bring my own, so I am not certain about the cost)

Thank you!

What form of payment should I pack? $0.25? Dollar bills? Does it work with the medallion for payment? 

7 hours ago, dice02 said:

How much is laundry if you get the laundry deal that they do it.  Sure saves on how much to pack.

There is no laundry "deal." Cost is according to the items being cleaned. A typical load of T's, shirts, underwear, PJs, shorts, slacks, socks, may cost around $50/$60 or so. Again the cost is by the item, not by the bag.

Edited by skynight

1 hour ago, cruzky said:

We have never used the medallion thingy. Just seems a little daunting. 

Not a complicated thing for the basic usage you always had in the past with a cruise card:

o Scanned when you leave or return to the ship

o Used to make purchases in ship;s boutiques, bars, photo dept, etc.

o Used to unlock you cabin door (usually from several feet away as you approach your cabin)

What can be complicated is using the Princess App for the Medallion, but there is no requirement that you need to use the app either pre-cruise or while on the cruise. If you choose to use it, you may find several of its capabilities useful.

1 hour ago, cruzky said:

Thanks for all the answers. We have not been on a Princess ship in 9 yrs. Last time I remember they used to have the laundry deals. I plan on bringing my own laundry products. Does anyone know if they happen to have Woodford Reserve? We have never used the medallion thingy. Just seems a little daunting. 

Roseanna

I do believe they have Woodford on the bar menus.  Woodford is my DH's favorite bourbon, so he's pretty happy to see that he can get it.  

The only 375 ml bourbons available for pre-cruise purchase or through room service are :  Jim Beam, Crown Royal or Jack Daniels.  Here are prices.

Jim Beam         375ml       $17.70
Crown Royal    375ml        $23.60
Jack Daniel's    375ml       $28.32

1 hour ago, MN Syrup Cruiser said:

The only 375 ml bourbons available for pre-cruise purchase or through room service are :  Jim Beam, Crown Royal or Jack Daniels.  Here are prices.

Jim Beam         375ml       $17.70
Crown Royal    375ml        $23.60
Jack Daniel's    375ml       $28.32

These prices are similar to 750 ml bottles on land.

16 hours ago, kiwimum said:

Absolutely not true.   We have cruised on the Emerald, Grand, Ruby,  Majestic, Caribbean and Sapphire in 2022 for over 100 days and all dryers were efficient and done within the preset time period.

I think it's hit or miss. Our 15 day last Oct. on Sapphire first trip the washer and dryer worked well. Second time washer didn't spin dry had to change and second time it did. But dry hardly dried any items so changed machines and this one worked. I did call the front desk and report the machines numbers not working.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

@SleepyBunnythe machines take tokens only so no need to bring cash.  Just scan your medallion to purchase tokens. The purchase will be added to your shipboard account.

@cruzky you can preorder 375 ml bottles of spirits via the Cruise Personalizer. 

Stupid questions, but where are the tokens?  Also, how long does it take for the washer to finish?  Got 35 min for dryer.  Just wondering so can walk away in be back in time before it shuts down.  Thanks.

@mellon1 the token machine is in the laundry area on the wall.  Washer takes about 30 min and dryer about 30- 40 min.  There are signs in the laundry by the machines indicating how long machines typically take.  I usually put my clothes in and set a timer on my phone so I am back just as the machine is finishing. 

We also set a timer but we watch a movie in our cabin when doing laundry. You can pause the movie when the timer goes off and go swap the clothes to the dryer then go back and continue your movie.

• Like 2