Crystal Appoints GMT to Meet Travel Needs Including Air

Stickman1990

Global Marine Travel LLC (GMT) has entered into an agreement to provide outsourced travel management services to Crystal for their passenger Air/Sea program beginning this March

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2023/03/crystal-appoints-gmt-to-meet-travel-needs/

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Like 1

• Stickman1990 changed the title to Crystal Appoints GMT to Meet Travel Needs Including Air

I guess it’s cheaper than hiring full time employees and all the costing which that involves.  Time will tell if it works out.  They may have contracts and bulk rates with many carriers but they may not be what the guest wants.  Time will tell how this works out.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TER777 said:

Perhaps Old Crystal used this company. Does anyone know?

They did not.  Air department as well as itinerary planning was all done in house, no outsourcing to a different company.

I actually wonder who HAL/Princess uses. Their Business Class air to Europe is incredibly affordable. I have often paid $2500 instead of $10,000.

I see nothing wrong with outsourcing this. If they can get competitive/bulk/consolidator rates - it is a win win.

5 hours ago, Coral said:

I actually wonder who HAL/Princess uses. Their Business Class air to Europe is incredibly affordable. I have often paid $2500 instead of $10,000.

I see nothing wrong with outsourcing this. If they can get competitive/bulk/consolidator rates - it is a win win.

It's a win win until something goes wrong. I'll let "Flyer Talker" explain again how all airline tickets are not created equal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

It's a win win until something goes wrong. I'll let "Flyer Talker" explain again how all airline tickets are not created equal.

I understand that. Though I have had really bad things go wrong with regular air. I know consolidator air is very restrictive.

I would like to know the company others use.

Edited by Coral

12 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

Netjets

I was thinking more of what Princess and HAL use for ticketing which uses commercial airlines.

I am somewhat familiar with Netjets. I try to to go annually to Berkshire Hathaway convention and they own Netjets company and they are always on display. 

It is my understanding that Netjets is when you want to lease a private jet or lease time. I have met several pilots who were surprised I was aware of the company.

• Like 1

Just now, Coral said:

I was thinking more of what Princess and HAL use for ticketing which uses commercial airlines.

I am somewhat familiar with Netjets. I try to to go annually to Berkshire Hathaway convention and they own Netjets company and they are always on display. 

It is my understanding that Netjets is when you want to lease a private jet or lease time. I have met several pilots who were surprised I was aware of the company.

Yes indeed you buy time and have a category of aircraft that suits your needs.

It's a good service and saves time and aggravation.

2 hours ago, Coral said:

They are beautiful aircraft!

I believe the recent death of a passenger during turbulence was on a Netjet. I never saw the description of what actually happened.

I have been fortunate to go to two BRK weekends. Love them!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, May B said:

I believe the recent death of a passenger during turbulence was on a Netjet. I never saw the description of what actually happened.

Jet is owned by Conexon, a telecom company in Kansas City.  The deceased was the wife of an executive with the company.

No Netjets connection.

Best public information is that she died of injuries sustained when the aircraft encountered severe turbulence while enroute from New Hampshire to Virginia.  Interestingly, no other injuries were reported.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Jet is owned by Conexon, a telecom company in Kansas City.  The deceased was the wife of an executive with the company.

No Netjets connection.

Best public information is that she died of injuries sustained when the aircraft encountered severe turbulence while enroute from New Hampshire to Virginia.  Interestingly, no other injuries were reported.

See what happens when I just take somebody’s word for something, without verifying? Thx for correcting my misinformation.  Clearly I was misled!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I’m looking at Business class flights to Europe for September 2023…they are almost 40% higher than we paid last fall. 
Folks, have you booked flights through Crystal/GMT? Are you seeing a significant savings?