11:20 am flight departure too early from Seattle?

Our cruise gets back to Seattle cruise terminal at 7am according to our itinerary.  I see it's about 30 minute drive to Seattle airport from there.  Is 11:20am too early to depart SEA that same day?  Seems if we did self disembark as early as possible we could get to SEA by 9am, leaving a couple of hours for check-in and getting to the gate.

Anyone have experience that can help?  Thank you.

When I look to book through Royal Caribbean (which I don't intend to do) it looks like the earliest departure that shows up is 12:20pm so maybe I answered my own question and 11:20 is pushing it?  I wouldn't worry about it cruising out of FLL or MIA if we were cruising out of Port Everglades or Miami respectively since the airport is so close to the cruise pier.  Just don't have experience with Seattle cruises (alaska)

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Our cruise gets back to Seattle cruise terminal at 7am according to our itinerary.  I see it's about 30 minute drive to Seattle airport from there.  Is 11:20am too early to depart SEA that same day?  Seems if we did self disembark as early as possible we could get to SEA by 9am, leaving a couple of hours for check-in and getting to the gate.

Anyone have experience that can help?  Thank you.

We were sitting at the Airport at 9am last summer on Ovation and we did not rush to get off the ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 things:

1. Calling on Ferry Watcher...we defer to him as the Seattle expert.

2. We've had success making flights out of Sea-Tac before noon. We use Uber...there's a designated rideshare spot, a short walk or free shuttle from the terminal.

3. Be careful...try to find out how many ships are there the same day...the cruise terminal will be very busy and the airport TSA security queue can be extremely long. Happy sailing.

• Thanks 1

Also now at SeaTac, you can use TSA Spot Saver. You will be going against the rush hour traffic that is coming into downtown, so the I-5 freeway South should be pretty smooth going. I wouldn’t take a taxi. Depending on when you get off the ship, the line for taxi’s can be extreme, unless you are one of the first off.I would look at Uber or Lyft, or a private limo service that can come up directly to pickup.

https://www.portseattle.org/SEAspotsaver

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

on our alaskan cruise on ovation last aug.seattle round trip we used seattle express

you can book online they have buses at the pier that run approx every 20 minutes

to seatac airport we had an 1130 am flight back to the east coast and we were at the

airport by 8:30am plenty of time to eat breakfast and relax.prices were very reasonable

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, gfargo53 said:

on our alaskan cruise on ovation last aug.seattle round trip we used seattle express

you can book online they have buses at the pier that run approx every 20 minutes

to seatac airport we had an 1130 am flight back to the east coast and we were at the

airport by 8:30am plenty of time to eat breakfast and relax.prices were very reasonable

+1 We used Seattle Express last Oct.  Very easy and a good price. 

• Thanks 1

No one is chiming in to say TSA at SEA is problematic, hope they have fixed it. I nearly missed a 12:30 flight because the TSA line was 60 minutes, this was 4 or 5 years ago. I also have gotten TSA precheck, so all my airport experiences have improved 

Edited by MommaBear55

1 hour ago, MommaBear55 said:

No one is chiming in to say TSA at SEA is problematic, hope they have fixed it. I nearly missed a 12:30 flight because the TSA line was 60 minutes, this was 4 or 5 years ago. I also have gotten TSA precheck, so all my airport experiences have improved 

See, that’s the thing. I would be more than happy to help but the OP provides NO information that could help with an answer.

What day of the week, what airline, coach or FC, pre-check or no Pre-check, Clear or no Clear, checking luggage or not.

All if this information could provide a better answer.

Just our experience but we have made 10:15 flights three times including last summer - luckily you are headed out of town toward the airport so traffic may impact you less.  This August we are still hunting for flights because everything is so expensive.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, klfrodo said:

See, that’s the thing. I would be more than happy to help but the OP provides NO information that could help with an answer.

What day of the week, what airline, coach or FC, pre-check or no Pre-check, Clear or no Clear, checking luggage or not.

All if this information could provide a better answer.

Monday, Delta, doesn't matter if it's coach or FC, no pre-check, no clear.

On 3/4/2023 at 2:37 PM, crzndeb said:

Also now at SeaTac, you can use TSA Spot Saver. You will be going against the rush hour traffic that is coming into downtown, so the I-5 freeway South should be pretty smooth going. I wouldn’t take a taxi. Depending on when you get off the ship, the line for taxi’s can be extreme, unless you are one of the first off.I would look at Uber or Lyft, or a private limo service that can come up directly to pickup.

https://www.portseattle.org/SEAspotsaver

This is super helpful thank you.  Think it's safe to say I could reserve a spot for 9am if our ship arrives to port by 7am?