Constellation in April 2024

atlantabri2

I am looking at the transatlantic on Connie in late March early April 2024.  It arrives in Barcelona on April 6, 2024 but I want to continue back to back and cannot find anything for Connie until April 23rd.  Charter? Dry dock? Anyone got the inside scoop?  Much appreciated.

• 3 months later...
35 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

The Connie goes to dry dock after the TA (April 6).  After a 2 week dry dock cruises resume from Rome.

Could you share where you found this information?  I just posted a general question asking if anyone has a dry dock schedule they could share.

14 hours ago, discru said:

Thanks so much for the info!  Any idea what they will do to her?

We just spent 38 days on her last month.  I think she is in pretty good shape.  I don't know exactly what they will be doing as she was in dry dock towards the end of the shutdown and got a paint job.  Maybe at the age of these ships they require the mandatory inspections more frequently than the 5 years on newer ships?

Thank you.  Didn’t realize she was in drydock fairly recently as well.  We have never been on her, and being an older ship I was wondering if interior spaces and cabin were starting to look dated. 

Most public spaces have been updated with new carpets (more contemporary color schemes) and the soft goods replaced.  The rooms are still pretty dated and can show some signs of wear.  If you experience anything broken or not working properly a quick mention to your stateroom attendant will have it repaired promptly.

16 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Most public spaces have been updated with new carpets (more contemporary color schemes) and the soft goods replaced.  The rooms are still pretty dated and can show some signs of wear.  If you experience anything broken or not working properly a quick mention to your stateroom attendant will have it repaired promptly.

Thank you for the info. Good to know. 

I will also be on this TA. I was onboard Connie  in May and the only thing I missed from Mille. and Summit was the newer bigger cabin TV's with their added features. I ask at Guest Services and was Told that the New TV's would be part of the dry dock work.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, D. B. said:

I will also be on this TA. I was onboard Connie  in May and the only thing I missed from Mille. and Summit was the newer bigger cabin TV's with their added features. I ask at Guest Services and was Told that the New TV's would be part of the dry dock work.

I'm glad to hear about the TVs.  We did a B2B on her last year in a suite and while I had no issue with the older cabin furnishings (and in fact prefer some of them to the revolutionized ones) my one and only real complaint was the TV.  

I doubt it.  Hull was repainted in last dry dock.  Constellation and Infinity kept the white hull.   I suspect maybe because they weren't Revolutionized?  I doubt they will do a full paint job above the waterline.

Edited by wrk2cruise

• 3 months later...

I will also be on this TA, our first TA.  I found this thread researching info about how long we can hang out if we book the extended stay in Barcelona.  We plan to stay a few days and hotel won't be ready that early.  Everything says 90 minutes before embarkation, except there won't be that day.  Because of drydocking.  I assume any time after lunch would be good and probably doable, so maybe a moot point. Just don't want to drag luggage around on the 6th before check in.  

You probably want to join the roll call.

I wouldn't be surprised if extend your stay is not offered on this sailing although it does show in cruise planner.  I would think as soon as they finish disembarkation they will depart for the shipyard.

I think you would be better off heading to the hotel and checking your luggage with them and doing some sightseeing.  Valuables may be an issue, possibly hotel would have a safe deposit box at the front desk?  Do be careful in Barcelona like any big tourist city about pick pockets.

Sailed December 2022, the ship looked pretty bad on the outside but everything inside you can tell was maintained and fresh. The cabins look like they did back in 2002 when the ship came into service. The food and service was excellent and I still have found memories of the trip. The crew will make the cruise. Have a great cruise!

Edited by JGCRUISE0507

How was it going out of Tampa as opposed to treking 300 miles to Miami or Fort Lauderdale and having to put up with the mob getting into those ports?

I imagine being on a smaller ship, with the reduced amount of passengers even greater on a transatlantic, that it must have been a senior's joy. 

How were the Aqua Class cabins. I know that they are just balconies with the addition of the Blue Restaurant and I think a private lounge?  

AQ class  has access to Persian Gardens..which are in an interior space..not that great but ok for a visit or 2. 

Maybe an exercise mat in the cabin..  maybe daily water..probably no afternoon..canapes ?

Edited by hcat

We did Aqua Class to Alaska for our 20th. I was afraid I'd be cold and want the spa, used it once. Blu was great but so is the Main Dinning. Canapes were great but not sure that is part of it now.  Not sure it was worth the cost.  I prefer sailing out of Tampa, so convenient. But rarely matches our destinations. We drive and stay overnight near hard rock in Fort Lauderdale for sailings on that side of state.

5 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

How was it going out of Tampa as opposed to treking 300 miles to Miami or Fort Lauderdale and having to put up with the mob getting into those ports?

I imagine being on a smaller ship, with the reduced amount of passengers even greater on a transatlantic, that it must have been a senior's joy. 

How were the Aqua Class cabins. I know that they are just balconies with the addition of the Blue Restaurant and I think a private lounge?  

Tampa was been the worst port I have experienced

why would you think less people on the ship , this November TA crossing is over 99% booked 

21 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Tampa was been the worst port I have experienced

why would you think less people on the ship , this November TA crossing is over 99% booked 

Tampa is my home port but I've never sailed out of it. Can you share why it was so bad?