Unique Serenade B2B in November

5 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

What time were you up to see us cross the bridge when we came back? We’ll be on Brilliance next week and since it’s too bright when we leave to get the full effect of the bridge, I will stay up to see it on the return.

Somewhere between 3:15 and 3:45. Eyes don’t work that well at that hour to see my watch. Was fun on the way out watching the shrimper hit us and almost scuttle his boat and then hearing the cheers minutes later as we cleared the bridge.

Pinching Pennies & Cruising when it comes to food just don't go together. Really disappointing. 😞

Just might be time to spend our vacation and entertainment dollar in other directions..

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Pinching Pennies & Cruising when it comes to food just don't go together. Really disappointing. 😞

Just might be time to spend our vacation and entertainment dollar in other directions..

We have a bunch of cruises booked but for now I’m not booking more. Which is sad….. I love cruising.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Somewhere between 3:15 and 3:45. Eyes don’t work that well at that hour to see my watch. Was fun on the way out watching the shrimper hit us and almost scuttle his boat and then hearing the cheers minutes later as we cleared the bridge.

Oh boy, that would be hard for me and impossible for hubby, he doesn’t like getting up early,  did you just stay up all night or set an alarm?

We have never been all the way to the top deck when passing under this bridge, but we did for this cruise just for fun, so to our surprise we had a great view of what was going on, until the teeny boat disappeared on our right and it was at that time that I guess the captain put on the breaks hard because the whole ship shuddered. Not sure if it was felt throughout the ship, but on top we all felt it. I did almost go deaf (not really) with all the horn blowing.  I got a good video of the last minutes when the captain leaned on the horn for a LONG time just about when we were hit, there lots of videos on the social site in the group.

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Our thoughts were that the need to have a lot of passengers stress the  facilities promised for the world cruise on the cruises preceding the B2B would be limited given that Serenade's itineraries from June through October are a mix of 4, 5, and 7 night cruises, and one 12-night repositioning cruise from Tampa-Boston. Two consecutive 14-night cruises, however, would probably generate a significantly greater load on those additions

Putting them in passenger cabins, no reason to think they would be available for your trip. But who knows

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Putting them in passenger cabins, no reason to think they would be available for your trip. But who knows

We will find out and let all you WC folks know, however.😇

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

did you just stay up all night or set an alarm?

No, I was having trouble sleeping all night, and had just gotten up to use the facilities and decided to just  stay up. DW joined me when she heard the man screaming in the water. She thought it was a  jumper from the ship. We didn't find out the full story until after we got home and googled it.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

This is not unique and not even unusual.  I did it in December 2018 and February 2019, Vision and Jewel respectively.

Thanks. We didn't normally look at the more one-off bucket list routes until we retired, so probably wouldn't have even looked for either of these B2B's back then. Only found out about this one while were doing a partial canal transit excursion while on Serenade last week and were talking to someone on the ferry who was doing the westbound route.

We have been scouring the various cruise line sites for months trying to find a B2B Transatlantic crossing. Youngest daughter did one on the QE2 years ago (actually it was an eastbound TA from NYC to South Hampton followed by a round trip SH to SH Med cruise, followed by a westbound TA from SH back to NYC). Can't find either a B2B TA loop or anything like that B2B2B any more.

Edited by orville99

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Thanks. We didn't normally look at the more one-off bucket list routes until we retired, so probably wouldn't have even looked for either of these B2B's back then. Only found out about this one while were doing a partial canal transit excursion while on Serenade last week and were talking to someone on the ferry who was doing the westbound route.

We have been scouring the various cruise line sites for months trying to find a B2B Transatlantic crossing. Youngest daughter did one on the QE2 years ago (actually it was an eastbound TA from NYC to South Hampton followed by a round trip SH to SH Med cruise, followed by a westbound TA from SH back to NYC). Can't find either a B2B TA loop or anything like that B2B2B any more.

Look at fall 2024 Adventure 

We are booked on Adventure over with Voyager back

1 minute ago, SummerBeee said:

Look at fall 2024 Adventure 

We are booked on Adventure over with Voyager back

We did, but have difficulty getting from Lisbon to Barcelona between legs without flying, and DW can't fly for medical reasons.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

We did, but have difficulty getting from Lisbon to Barcelona between legs without flying, and DW can't fly for medical reasons.

We plan on taking the bus/train and stopping in Madrid along the way

32 minutes ago, SummerBeee said:

We plan on taking the bus/train and stopping in Madrid along the way

What a great trip you’ve planned!  We’d love to do something like this someday.  The train would be an adventure we haven’t done in Europe yet.  And no flying for us except to Florida and back.  I like your creative thinking.