Easter cruises - celebrations?

Blueroses_1910

We're cruising on Arvia over the Easter holidays. I've never cruised at this time of year before - do P&O do any celebration or event to mark the occasion? An Easter egg hunt or similar? I remember cruising with one company about 20 years ago and there was a midnight chocolate buffet one night - that'd be amazing!

Not sure what happens now, but a few years back on Aurora I had several cruises over Easter and I don’t recall Easter Egg hunts taking place, altho the kids clubs may do something.

What I do recall is the absolutely delicious hot cross buns that had been made overnight and served at breakfast in the MDR…….

There is normally an Easter church service in the theatre although Arvia being a new family ship they may not do that.

We have been aboard at Easter many times and seen the kids clubs with helpers of course doing Easter Hunts, again Arvia and Iona are going to be packed with kids this Easter so they may not as think it will be too much with many kids looking. 

7 minutes ago, amajaa said:

There is normally an Easter church service in the theatre although Arvia being a new family ship they may not do that.

We have been aboard at Easter many times and seen the kids clubs with helpers of course doing Easter Hunts, again Arvia and Iona are going to be packed with kids this Easter so they may not as think it will be too much with many kids looking. 

We will be on Azura ,so will take our own egg. A Maltesers one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Just trying to get my head around a chocolate buffet at midnight!!  Nobody would be sleeping after all that caffeine!

Had one on Arcadia many years ago now, not her maiden but likely in her first few years of service.   It was amazing (especially given that I can take or leave chocolate in all honesty) and clearly an opportunity for the chefs to show off their skills.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Just trying to get my head around a chocolate buffet at midnight!!  Nobody would be sleeping after all that caffeine!

Caffeine doesn't seem to affect me Jean. I can have a double espresso quite late evening and still sleep well...

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, showingdiva said:

Had one on Arcadia many years ago now, not her maiden but likely in her first few years of service.   It was amazing (especially given that I can take or leave chocolate in all honesty) and clearly an opportunity for the chefs to show off their skills.   

An afternoon "Chocoholics Buffet" was a staple for years on P&O. Originally held in a mdr and combined with a galley walk-through for any passengers that so wished. It was then downgraded to a themed afternoon tea in the buffet restaurant and now seems to have disappeared altogether...

• Like 4

Wow thanks all!!

The chocolate buffet thing was definitely an excuse for the dessert chefs to showboat their amazing skills,  it was fantastic.  My ADHD brain isn't affected by caffeine - except sometimes it makes me sleepy(!) 

Well, I'll keep a look out; I probably won't bother taking eggs on board as I'm sure there'll be plenty of treats, egg-shaped or otherwise!