FAS Processo?

Pat6116

I have a recent print out of the FAS Drink package and I don't see any mention of Processo.  Is this no longer included.  I know I can upgrade and get Vevue however for 16 days it's a bit of a jump.

Thanks all

Pat

3 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

Prosecco is considered as "wine by the glass" and priced below $15, so is absolutely offered/included in FAS "regular" drink package.

I have drunk plenty of it over the years with the below $15 package.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BostonGal35 said:

i alwayas have Prosecco at night.  It was free as part of teh UBP in January.

i dont remember the brand, but it was very similar in taste and dryness to my fave brand, Lamarca.

Mimosa’s at breakfast - great way to start the day!! 👍🥂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

Mimosa’s at breakfast - great way to start the day!! 👍🥂

i actually like a pointsettia - which is with cranberry instead of oj.   i try to not start drinking until at least 10am.  LOL

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BostonGal35 said:

i actually like a pointsettia - which is with cranberry instead of oj.   i try to not start drinking until at least 10am.  LOL

They’re all fruit juices, so it’s not technically “ drinking”! 😉😎

• Haha 1

On the Gem in January and February, Prosecco was definitely included by the glass in the FAS package. However, many times when we ordered it, what was available instead was a marginally drinkable French sparking wine (not to be confused with champagne). It’s quite unfortunate that NCL has (outrageously) priced the very nice California sparkling wine Domaine Chandon at $20/glass.  

We found few wines by the glass available in the Premium Package, and overall felt that the value of the package has really diminished. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

On the Gem in January and February, Prosecco was definitely included by the glass in the FAS package. However, many times when we ordered it, what was available instead was a marginally drinkable French sparking wine (not to be confused with champagne).

Interestingly, we were on the Epic in February and they were passing off the sparkling wine (DUC) they give complimentary in certain cabin types as Prosecco. Def not Prosecco.  Sure hope this is a blip and not a switch.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Interestingly, we were on the Epic in February and they were passing off the sparkling wine (DUC) they give complimentary in certain cabin types as Prosecco. Def not Prosecco.  Sure hope this is a blip and not a switch.  

Ugh.  Duc de Valmer.  Wow, definitely not Prosecco and definitely not even drinkable on its own. 

I think it may have been supply issues on the Gem.  We were able to get Prosecco in some restaurants but not others.  (The same with Half & Half, until the ship ran out completely.)  In one restaurant, when we ordered Prosecco, the wine steward started pouring from a bottle that was definitely the cheap French sparkling wine.  When we said that's not Prosecco, he said he knew that.  To which I replied that if someone orders Prosecco, and you are going to pour something else, you should say so.  He said he had, which was definitely not the case. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BostonGal35 said:

Duc, more like Yuck!

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Ugh.  Duc de Valmer.  Wow, definitely not Prosecco and definitely not even drinkable on its own. 

I think it may have been supply issues on the Gem.  We were able to get Prosecco in some restaurants but not others.  (The same with Half & Half, until the ship ran out completely.)  In one restaurant, when we ordered Prosecco, the wine steward started pouring from a bottle that was definitely the cheap French sparkling wine.  When we said that's not Prosecco, he said he knew that.  To which I replied that if someone orders Prosecco, and you are going to pour something else, you should say so.  He said he had, which was definitely not the case. 

3 hours ago, laudergayle said:

Personally I love prosecco, "all types", but I really dislike the Duc sparkling wine NCL for years used to offer (and maybe still does?) as complimentary welcome for Latitude members. Last year we went back to cruising again for the first time after covid - and did two NCL cruises with the Gem and the Escape in July/August 2022.  A nice surprise that on both occasions we received a proper prosecco and NOT the Duc on embarkation day. I honestly thought that NCL finally had gotten rid of their entire stock of Duc and now were offering actual prosecco instead. But maybe the explanation was just that both cruises started in an Italian port..... Well, we were satisfied as it definitely tasted MUCH better than the Duc...

image.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrumpyNor said:

day. I honestly thought that NCL finally had gotten rid of their entire stock of Duc

If only that were true!! How fortunate you didn’t get DUCed. Were you in a suite or Haven…as we’ve not received complimentary sparkling for Latitudes recognition—ended in Jan 2022.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

If only that were true!! How fortunate you didn’t get DUCed. Were you in a suite or Haven…as we’ve not received complimentary sparkling for Latitudes recognition—ended in Jan 2022.  

Nope, not in suite or Haven. Maybe just some extra "non-official" benefit as we were only ones onboard with Diamond status? I didn't realize that the complimentary Latitudes sparkling wine was not offered anymore....

On 3/10/2023 at 1:45 PM, laudergayle said:

We were on the Joy a couple weeks ago. They ran out of Prosecco and were indeed serving DUC as a substitute. We also received a bottle of DUC for our Club Balcony perk. Thinking of hiding them around the ship 🐥

• Haha 1