Move up to Aqua

IamHungry

My friend is staying in another cabin and we are thinking of bidding to Aqua class. If only one of the cabins got to Aqua so the other one is sol on joining the other party at BLU?

Edited by IamHungry

• IamHungry changed the title to Move up to Aqua
  • 3 months later...

I've made up a move up bid to Aqua as well--I understand that I will keep the perks I have now (no premium drinks, etc.).  I made the move-up bid to IV not suite.  My question is this--I will be charged the higher gratuities--but are they only a dollar or so more per day, or are the gratuities actually double plus for Aqua and triple plus for suites?

10 minutes ago, Random Cruizer said:

I've made up a move up bid to Aqua as well--I understand that I will keep the perks I have now (no premium drinks, etc.).  I made the move-up bid to IV not suite.  My question is this--I will be charged the higher gratuities--but are they only a dollar or so more per day, or are the gratuities actually double plus for Aqua and triple plus for suites?

If you prepaid tips it’s just the tip differential not a whole new tip amount. Aqua only comes with the classic drink package, so if you have that already there is no difference.  If you don’t, you will not get it by moving up.  Likewise basic internet. Although I’m not sure how internet will work under the new model.

Edited by Mark_K

Thanks!  I booked my single IV with all included, so I have classic drinks already.  The difference in gratuities just looked so minuscule to me (like 17.50 to 18.00 and 21.00 or something), I wondered if suites actually had grats of 17.50 + 18 + 21 instead of just 21.

48 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

If you prepaid tips it’s just the tip differential not a whole new tip amount. Aqua only comes with the classic drink package, so if you have that already there is no difference.  If you don’t, you will not get it by moving up.  Likewise basic internet. Although I’m not sure how internet will work under the new model.

I believe if you had booked ELEVATE like I did two years ago, it did come with Premium beverage package.  Aqua class.

On 6/22/2023 at 7:17 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Unless you're each traveling solo - then as I understand it, the one accepted into Aqua can invite one guest to dine with them. Unless that's changed too. (And even then it could only be one night.)

No guests allowed unless they are Aqua class as well.   No matter the rants, threats and pleading, answer is no   There is another thread on this.   

You get what you pay for.    

• Like 1

On 6/22/2023 at 7:17 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Unless you're each traveling solo - then as I understand it, the one accepted into Aqua can invite one guest to dine with them. Unless that's changed too. (And even then it could only be one night.)

No. Not allowed in Blu

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I believe if you had booked ELEVATE like I did two years ago, it did come with Premium beverage package.  Aqua class.

Elevate came with premium drinks but that was independent from Aqua class and was an option available regardless of cabin category. Aqua Class automatically comes with gratuities, classic drink package, and basic internet.

35 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Just saying what has been reported on here - that if someone is 100% solo in their cabin they have been allowed to invite one person to dine with them since they'd be at a 2-top anyway.

We were in Aqua in January and April/May. Twice saw people try to pull this.      A woman who said she was travelling solo tried to bring a male friend into the Blu.   Answer was a No!     She insisted she was told she could.  Maitre D said never. The Blu is ONLY for Aqua class. No invites can be extended.   He did not cave into her threats, rantings etc.     Sometimes info posted here is incorrect.   

Again. You are entitled to the benefits of the classification you booked.    

The Maître D said people try it all the time.    Even in Luminae on cruise last year a couple tried.  They were not allowed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Just saying what has been reported on here - that if someone is 100% solo in their cabin they have been allowed to invite one person to dine with them since they'd be at a 2-top anyway.

There is some incorrect information posted on these boards.  Sad but true.  Blu is for those registered in Aqua Class and for those dining in Luminae on a space available basis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1