Can you "save" your seat with a towel at CocoCay?

Sigyn

I am not a lounge-by-the-pool type person because I sunburn easily. I've never saved a pool lounger with a beach towel. I have seen the numerous posts where people complain about those who leave towels on chairs to save them for hours. I would never do that. What I want to know is if, on CocoCay, if I do manage to get a nice, shaded beach lounger with an umbrella, can I save it with a beach towel and towel clips/beach bag/open novel/whatever it takes while I go to get lunch or a drink for 15-20 minutes. Is that allowed on CocoCay? Or will I lose the chair? 

Agree with both Merion_Mom and luckyinpa, there are many chairs with shade on CocoCay, and so many different chair/shade locations, that I really don't believe you would have any issue. I would feel perfectly comfortable leaving my stuff on a chair there while I went for food or into the water and not worry at all about it.

Having said that, I was a bit annoyed the last time we were there because we were in the last row in one of the groups of chairs and it wasn't quite as sheltered from the sun as I would prefer.  There were two loungers right in front of us that had better shade, but someone had put a life vest on the table at the end of a row next to those two loungers, so we assumed that the person was using the chair next to that table, so we didn't move there.  Turned out, several hours later, that the person who had put the vest on the table was sitting across the way on another lounger and came over and collected it when she left. *sigh*

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was literally in the main pool on cococay with my towel and backpack on chair and had a young couple take my chair (only left the chair for 5 min to take a dip).  So I would say it depends on how busy it is by the pool.

I've never had a problem like that with loungers any where else.  Just the pool area.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, njsmom said:

I have seen the numerous posts where people complain about those who leave towels on chairs to save them for hours.

that's about the loungers on the ship around the pool. Very limited supply.

On Cococay you won't have that problem - plus, you are expected to get a lounger and then have fun all around all day.

• Like 3

Far fewer loungers near pool but lots of folks don't stay there for the full day - haven't seen anyone touch stuff there but suppose it could happen.  Rest of island you often have your choice of 10 or more chairs in an area.  Have not been there with more than one ship, though.